Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed in the races

McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

First of all, this is not a flame thread against Vanguard.

Unfortunately though it doesn't seem like there are any good animalistic wolf-like playable races in mmo's right now. If you know of any mmo's I missed, please post. Here are my current reasons I don't like the mmo's with wolf-like playable races;

1) DF (Darkfall)-    Slow & awkward animations, bad combat system, 1st person camera. bad community

2) VG (Vanguard)-    Humanoid legs instead of anthropomorphic legs. 

3) SL (Second Life)-      Bad fps, and no quests or balanced class systems since it is a pure sandbox mmo.

4) WoW (World of Warcraft)-    Not finished, bad community

5) WoD (World of Darkness)-     Not finished

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

This is certainly a unique criticism.

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

It's not the first time I've heard this criticism, if you dig deep enough on the offical forums you'll find the Rakki tail petition thread. I for one was disappointed with the models for the animal races from the very beginning. I ended up rolling a goblin when the game launched and think that asides from the elves looking a tad on the fugly side the human type races are done well (dwarves, goblins, orcs etc.). It certainly would look better had they done anthropomorphic legs like EQ2 did with the Ratonga and Froglok.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I just personally think it looks more unique for an animalistic race to have anthropomorphic legs instead of only having an animal head to make them look different from any other humanoid race. Understandable that it adds more work for the animations department for non-humanoid races. It is their job isn't it? To create animations, and if anything I would think it would add to their resume... as far as animation skills go. 

I was more hoping someone would know of other mmo's with wolf-like anthropomorphic playable races I had missed but I guess not.

• I have been wanting a tail ever since launch, I agree, the animal races are not very good :(

The raki race COULD be such a cool looking race.