Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 Day Trial

***EDIT***

BoardingParty14 has run out of free codes.  Feel free to use basically any other number besides 14 (BoardingParty15, BoardingParty1, BoardingParty2, etc.)

Decided to add this video (3 parts) of an epic port battle that took place a while ago.  This is an example in port battles of how one side communicates, has a port battle leader, group leaders, and a combination of well disciplined sailing, solid blocking, and good focused fire to defeat an enemy.  In this you'll see 2 groups (groups can have 6 people) of 1st rates (the big boats) 1 group of 3rd rates (cheaper ships with lesser guns and a lot of armor), and a skirmish group of faster more manueverable ships that can cover the bow and stern of the heavy lines.  If you listen to it you can hear red stick being called all over the place to cover the bow and stern and force enemies to keep distance and prevent a charge.  If anyone has any questions about the game feel free to ask here, I'm subscribed to this thread so as a player that has played since the beginning I can answer whatever you have to throw at me to the best of my ability.

Hey, I know a lot of people have played this game before, or look at it and are not sure what to do.  There is a 14 day trial through the website, but it's very limited in scope.  You can't level up much, can't really get any kind of decent boat, and you don't get very many slots for your economy.  However if you go to station launcher and enter the code "BoardingParty14"*** you'll get 30 days free with no restrictions.  It's like buying an account for a month without paying for it really.  If you're at all interested in this game I definitely recommend it as it truly is a remarkable game.  I'll watch this thread if anyone has any questions.

Comments

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Thanks for this.

• ChachChach Member Posts: 69

Have a few questions before i retry this game:

Back in Beta and release, the sword fighting combat seemed rather clunky and awkward. From the new trailer, it looks a lot more polished.  Is this so?

Has the character creation changed at all since opening? 

Is it very difficult for new players to get decent ships, for example, new players would have to grind several hours a week just to be able to afford a ship?

Thanks

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587
    Originally posted by Chach

Have a few questions before i retry this game:
    Back in Beta and release, the sword fighting combat seemed rather clunky and awkward. From the new trailer, it looks a lot more polished.  Is this so?
    It is a hell of a lot smoother than in beta (i too was a beta tester) and it seems to flow much more smoothly
    Has the character creation changed at all since opening? 
    Not that i can remember, seems to be the same old options (although you can make some pretty varied outfits)
    Is it very difficult for new players to get decent ships, for example, new players would have to grind several hours a week just to be able to afford a ship?
     Depends on the faction.  Roll up Spain and France (underplayed) and if your nice enough some people are more than happy to give you a ship.  That being said you do get a ship early on from missions and the prices of low level ships are quite small (you just have to grind the levels to sail them :P)
    Thanks

I jumped back in, spent a few days picking a server and finally decided on Roberts.  I rolled Spain because they needed the population and it seems to have been a decent decision.  Overall its a pretty fun game and is much more fluid than it was in beta.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• Buddhism101Buddhism101 Member Posts: 6

As long as you roll onto a populated server you will have no problem finding ships or someone online to build you one cheap.  Everyone in this game is dedicated to keeping new players around - and for low level ships you won't have a problem, you could even ask a different nation if you wanted to.

Blackbeard

Antigua

Roberts

I personally play most on BB and think it's fun - up to you though.  Those are the populated servers.

• ChachChach Member Posts: 69

I think I will retry this game.  I've always wanted a great pirate MMO and was a little let down when this 1st came out.  SOunds like a lot of good changes have happened.  Is the 30 day trial still available?

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Thanks for this! Still works!

• PrognerProgner Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hey thank you for this, Hope it still works!

~-={Death Before Dishonor}=-~

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

cool beans, thanks for this.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• StrikeyeclrsStrikeyeclrs Member Posts: 2

I'm confused. Do you have to download it from the station site? Because if you download the 14 day access, it downloads through station and then you're stuck with that 14 day restriction. But, if you do however pull up station launcher, then where do you put the code? As the activation code/product key? Maybe I'm just retarded. Not sure mate, can I get some more in depth direction?

• StrikeyeclrsStrikeyeclrs Member Posts: 2

Or ... Maybe I'm just way too late. heh

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Well, I don't know what has happened to my trial but I started it on November 29, 2008 and since then I have been on the 14 day trial, which the Sony station says is non recurring but it always shows as pending. So basically i have been able to play since November 2008.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• lexillexil Member UncommonPosts: 34

do you really need to make a new account of you want to use "BoardingParty14"?

Because I'd rather not lose my stuff..

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Yes the 30 day codes are for new accounts only.

Un-subbed accounts can log in from time-to-time as there are 14 days free applied to win back customers a couple of times a year.

• tgun4510tgun4510 Member Posts: 11

by the way for those of you that are wondering this does still work, just used it myself to try the game out.  Hopefully I enjoy it more than I did in closed/open beta. 

• IseCremeIseCreme Member Posts: 8

I have five days left of the trial period and I love the game. However and this is a big however. Once I hit the five day mark everytime I try to log on it gives me an error and will not let me play. I did what the intro message suggested and deleted the pref file but it still gives me the same hassle. I like the game and was about to subscribe.  Now I am going to wait for a while and see if they fix whatevers causing my constant crashes first. I hope they do so I can actually play.

• mrthetoothmrthetooth Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by IseCreme

I have five days left of the trial period and I love the game. However and this is a big however. Once I hit the five day mark everytime I try to log on it gives me an error and will not let me play. I did what the intro message suggested and deleted the pref file but it still gives me the same hassle. I like the game and was about to subscribe.  Now I am going to wait for a while and see if they fix whatevers causing my constant crashes first. I hope they do so I can actually play.

I'd recommend filing a support ticket about the matter.  The support team is pretty good.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

That is a really generous offer.  

• Buddhism101Buddhism101 Member Posts: 6

Sorry I haven't been checking this for a while.  This code does still work - and you do type it in as the activation code.  If you hit "get the trial" or whatever on station launcher it will stick you with the 14 day trial limitations and it will not work.

A few changes since my original post.  Before there were 5 servers - now they're merging them into two.  This means a couple of things - much higher populations, and no low-population bonuses for leveling.  This is supposed to take effect in the middle of Feb I believe.  I highly suggest trying this game with the trial now if you have not.  This game is going to succeed or fall based on how these two servers come out of this merger.  A lot of cool changes should be coming soon with the expansion (Power and Prestige)  PM me here, post a message here, or you can PM me on steam (Buddhism101) if you have questions about the game, code, anything.  I'm a player that's here to help!

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

The down to 2 servers merge is going into effect pretty much now and there's a vet 29 day trial offer that kicks in at midnight Fri 5 Feb so vet's can move their toon's over and try out the game again.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Yeah Im really interested to see how the game has changed since March 2008. I didn't like it much then very focused on ship and ocean stuff very few quests or things to do with your actual character. I don't mind the majority of the game being at sea but I wanted more character development. I wanted to feel like a captain not a ship. 

Hopefully things changed a bit this time around. Im currently updating the game waiting for the downloads to finish. 

If I like it this time around ill stick. I am actually looking for a casual mmorpg to play on weekends right now and if i remember correctly this game is very casual friendly. 

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Some time around about now or in the next day or two they are applying a whole month of free play time to ex-subscribers.

You get it just by loggin in.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

wow game is much better and more fun than I remember. 

Maybe its because Im bored of traditional mmos maybe its just the casual style of this game but something about it I really like. Im prob going to play 2-3 months after this free month is over if I continue to enjoy it as much as I did today. 

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

This game is really interesting.  Unfortunately I clicked the trial thing before seeing this thread, but I've only invested 3 hours or so in my character so I'm going to start over from scratch to use this offer and get a full access trial to see if it's good enough to buy.

Still though I was very impressed with what I saw so far.  Hmm it seems to have expired doh!  I really would like to try out the actual game with all the features.

edit: well, just for fun, since BoardingParty14 didn't work I tried BoardingParty15 and it did work!  Woot.

• postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87

Yeah, BoardingParty15 works. Thanks for this code. I've been interested in this game for a while.

• WildvixennWildvixenn Member Posts: 23

I recently came back and I love it.