Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot RDR video review 9.5 rating

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Comments

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

Gonna wait for the PC version.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by Miffy

Gonna wait for the PC version.

Yea same here.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I have to lol at the easily GOTY comment. Imo, the gameplay in rockstar games have always been mediocre and this looks to be no different. I'll wait until its in the bargain bin.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Awesome game and a must buy. Easily GOTY without a doubt!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/reddeadredemption/video/6263031/red-dead-redemption-video-review?hd=1

Constant buffering on that shitty site and no it's not on my end.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

For me the GTA series was amazing with the first game upto VC where I got bored with it on SA. However the PC versions are always better because of what the mod community does it with and SA has this amazingly fun MTA mod where I just love the race mode. They even built a map editor and you just have some crazy maps that are such a blast with friends. Also there's SA MP which has upto 500 people on a server which has many modes from zombies to role play server.

However all that fun went with GTA 4 and it lacks mod support to make it good. I wish Rockstar would release an SDK because it's the one game where people would buy it for the amazing mods it could have. The problem really is the Multiplayer sucks on GTA 4 and it had no dedicated server support because it's a console port. Frigging the menus are slow and annoying to navigate and the multiplayer modes suck. 

So I really hope when RDR comes to the PC that they release some sort of SDK. Games are always better on the PC because Mods fix what the developers couldn't. Just a shame consoles have to ruin it all because people don't know how to make a PC and just buy a console instead.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by Gameloading

I have to lol at the easily GOTY comment. Imo, the gameplay in rockstar games have always been mediocre and this looks to be no different. I'll wait until its in the bargain bin.

Mediocre? What planet do you live on?

RDR is like the best none Rpg single player game to release since GTA4.

Would it have helped if the games had a Jrpg style you seem to love those image

Edit: I would also like to say that i think its freaking funny how much better looking the 360 version is over PS3 lol. I normally buy my cross platform games on 360 due to achievements its nice to get a added bonus.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Edit: I would also like to say that i think its freaking funny how much better looking the 360 version is over PS3 lol. I normally buy my cross platform games on 360 due to achievements its nice to get a added bonus.

It would have helped if the game had better shooting mechanics such as found in better games like Uncharted and Gears of War.

It would have helped if the game had better shooting mechanics such as found in better games like Uncharted and Gears of War.

How do you know if the game has worse shooting mechanics? you just said your waiting until its in the bargin bin. Try the game first stop being a hater and give it a shot.

OH and even thogh I loved both Gears and Uncharted both weren't perfect with their shooting mechanics either.

How do you know if the game has worse shooting mechanics? you just said your waiting until its in the bargin bin. Try the game first stop being a hater and give it a shot.

OH and even thogh I loved both Gears and Uncharted both weren't perfect with their shooting mechanics either.

Because it uses the same gameplay mechanics as GTA 4 did.

Because it uses the same gameplay mechanics as GTA 4 did.

Again please try the game before you unleash your negativity. The shooting mechanics are much tighter in RDR a very nice improvement.

If you actually tried the game you would know.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I'm sad that the game is not for PC :/

Though I heard rumours that it might be ported.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I'm sad that the game is not for PC :/

Though I heard rumours that it might be ported.

With the amount of sales this game has had Rockstar would be idiodic not to release a port a few months down the road.

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

Originally posted by Miffy

However all that fun went with GTA 4 and it lacks mod support to make it good. I wish Rockstar would release an SDK because it's the one game where people would buy it for the amazing mods it could have. The problem really is the Multiplayer sucks on GTA 4 and it had no dedicated server support because it's a console port. Frigging the menus are slow and annoying to navigate and the multiplayer modes suck. 

I also think the GTA series went sour with GTA 4, and also somewhat with the previous game. IMO they actually lost the whole GTA feel and style. I guess i just loved those old playstation GTA's way too much. :/

That said i cannot wait to play RDR, kinda looks similar to the game Gun, which my brother loved.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

RDR essentially has very little in common with GTA.  While they have some similar game mechanics, they are very different games with a very different feel and gameplay.  

That said, the game is absolutely incredible and should not be ignored simply because some troll on this forum thinks it sucks without having played it.