Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP servers in AOC

2»

Comments

• JakeadunkJakeadunk Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by Skatty2007
    Tyranny US Server is a FFA PvP Server.  You can attack anyone at anytime.

without being tagged as a criminal? So Tyranny is truly a FFA server?
    IF so then I will give AoC a second shot.

Smarter than the average bear? That is assuming bears are smart.

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by Jakeadunk

Wow you people amaze me all I was wanting is a server in Aoc where it would be FFA, but all I get is flamed for being a greifer. That is fine I play WoW and on their pvp servers you can attack low levels if you want. I was hoping that Aoc would have something similiar but they don't. I wonder in AoC if a level 40 can attack a level 50, because I was level 60 necro and I beat a level 67 conqurer not sure with your rule system now if you can do it. Sometimes a low level can fight back if the game allows for it. But if Funcom doesnt want to make a server to accomodate people who would prefer the FFA rules then fine I won't play AoC, and I'm sure you people would be happy that I won't be. Saying your system isn't carebear is laughable because you know your safe when your are leveling, and won't be bothered. I might play your system if the criminal can't be looted if killed by a non criminal player. Just for the record one more time ALL I WANT IS A FFA server in AoC. No need to attack me because im asking for some variety in a MMO game. Don't like FFA fine don't play on that server.

lol you come off as laughable right there. that statement confirms you dont know anything about the system you are complaining about. level 80s still camp lowbies in kheshatta. all the same hotspots from before are still filled with griefers. the new system hasnt changed really much of anything. they input merc camps where griefers can go to and rez in case they are flagged a murderer and losing items when killed doesnt cost you anything significant. next time do a little research on something before you complain about it and screamin its carebear. please lemme know what server and name you will be playing so i can grief you.

• socrates656socrates656 Member Posts: 142

Wow you people amaze me all I was wanting is a server in Aoc where it would be FFA, but all I get is flamed for being a greifer. That is fine I play WoW and on their pvp servers you can attack low levels if you want. I was hoping that Aoc would have something similiar but they don't. I wonder in AoC if a level 40 can attack a level 50, because I was level 60 necro and I beat a level 67 conqurer not sure with your rule system now if you can do it. Sometimes a low level can fight back if the game allows for it. But if Funcom doesnt want to make a server to accomodate people who would prefer the FFA rules then fine I won't play AoC, and I'm sure you people would be happy that I won't be. Saying your system isn't carebear is laughable because you know your safe when your are leveling, and won't be bothered. I might play your system if the criminal can't be looted if killed by a non criminal player. Just for the record one more time ALL I WANT IS A FFA server in AoC. No need to attack me because im asking for some variety in a MMO game. Don't like FFA fine don't play on that server.

Hello there my friend. Don't listen to these people. Most of the people who frequent this website are just angry nerds sitting behind a computer screen arguing over video games like 3 year olds.

Being someone who loves pvp MMO's.... heres my opinion on pvp in AoC and you may disagree with me as alot of the fanbois who play this game disagree with me. But as far as I see it the pvp is not that great as it once was. When the game was first launched the pvp was much better. I have a 80 assassin on tyranny, but I don't play it anymore because I think when funcom gave every class my assassin ability hide to every class that is when I rolled on a pve server instead.

So even if you did play pvp in aoc you probably wouldnt last long and get bored or eather frustrated with it.

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

Like I said.. They want FFA/No Consequences..

As soon as you put in consequences to their actions, all of a sudden they call the game "Too easy" or "Too carebear" because it is more DIFFICULT for them to do things after they have ganked people to the point where they are a criminal in the eyes of the NPC guards..

I wonder how many of them threw a little cry baby fit and broke their KB or Mouse after ganking some lowbies only to get raped by guards.

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• JakeadunkJakeadunk Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by Nytakito
    As soon as you put in consequences to their actions, all of a sudden they call the game "Too easy" or "Too carebear" because it is more DIFFICULT for them to do things after they have ganked people to the point where they are a criminal in the eyes of the NPC guards..
    I wonder how many of them threw a little cry baby fit and broke their KB or Mouse after ganking some lowbies only to get raped by guards.

Gaurds in any of the pvp servers will attack you if you attack another player. Putting consequence to it makes it stupid and not a FFA setting. I can care less about consequence unless looting off of a down foe is permitted. Darkfall has this but really severe, I think looting should be similiar to Asheron's Call, or you get money each time you kill another player. Being only flagged players get looted or penalized is just dumb. PvP should be the same for all who participate in it, that is why you have different servers for different peoples tastes in PvP. Carebear term I use here is for those who have to have some kind of rule to help them beat a better PvP player, and not willing to take them on in a FFA enviroment. If you need help in kiing someone get a better class or skills or friends, or even maybe a guild but dont hide behind rules.

Smarter than the average bear? That is assuming bears are smart.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Dude are you serious.  You can kill anyone, but because you have to sneak around outside of cities to hunt players you are QQ'ing.  You are a bigger puss than carebears.  No one even hangs out in these cities they are out hunting and questing. 

What can I say to make sure you don't play this game and have a chance of ending up on my server?  There is no PvP it's just rainbows and hand holding and pie. 

• willvaswillvas Member Posts: 137

the FFA PvP is not bad.. .there are ways to survive.  and to the person who said about stealth in AOC... its NOT STEALTH...

its HIDE... ever play the game HIde-n-Seek?  yes we all have.. and we all arent thieves and rogues... its possible for some to be really good at hiding and some to be really bad at it.  that is what Age of Conan is depicting when you hit the HIDE button. 

stop using the CAREBEAR phrase.. .make the person using it seem stupid....and about 10 years old.  nothing carebearish about anything in any MMO on any server so stop using it.

I have one major problem with the PVP in this game....

its the PVP LEVELS... 

there are 5 of them....

here is the problem... the difference between pvp level 1 and pvp level 5 is too drastic.  a PVP level 1 guardian couldnt even damage a PVP level 5 guy.  This is why i quit last time.  It was hard to pvp with all the PVP level 5 guys running around.  I couldnt even damage them. 

on top of that i definitely knew the difference when you got the high levle city buff and when you didnt.  It does make a huge difference of the amount of damage you can take.

those i find more disturbing then the actual pvp system.

• ZhylawZhylaw Member Posts: 115

Sorry but I'm inclined to agree  with the majority here. The game lets you shred noobs ar your leisure, that there is IG reprecussions for being a dishonorable serial killer is fine with me. If anything it makes it see more gritty and "real". It would be cool if random people in towns threw vegetables at you as well.  And maybe when you were in criminal status you get access to a special raider town, no services but really evil questlines and a cool place for mass murderers to hang out. Yeah I know I'm a dreamer....

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

I think people here are missing the point, if a company can make a server with FFA rules then people who don't like those rules don't have to be on that server. AoC is a hardcore world or I should say the books and movies depicted it to be hardcore. I understand you want to please people to play your game, but that is why you can make a variety of servers to please all kinds. WoW has FFA pvp it is just outside of your home cities. They also have pve servers where you haved to flag yourself if you want to be attack by anyone. That is why WoW seems to stay on top because they offer variety in their game unlike other MMO's. I will repeat this IF YOU DON"T LIKE FFA PVP SERVER DONT BE ON ONE.

i don't think you have any idea what so ever what FFA PVP means considering you're throwing WoW around lol Free For All pvp is kill any one, no sides,no faction, no nothing.... in AoC if i want to kill some one of my own race/faction i can THATS what FFA is not this crap you're crying about. WoW is nowhere near FFA at all, WoW is just pro griever.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

WoW is no FFA PvP at all, it's faction PvP, simple as that.

In my book faction PvP has more restrictions than true FFA PvP since you can't attack half of the population by default. People who can't handle getting penalties when they attack lowbies on a AoC PvP server shouldn't do it in the first place. There's no skill involved attacking and killing players that are 10+ levels below you.

If you still like to do it, well, there you are, be ready to accept the consequences.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by Nytakito

Gaurds in any of the pvp servers will attack you if you attack another player. Putting consequence to it makes it stupid and not a FFA setting. I can care less about consequence unless looting off of a down foe is permitted. Darkfall has this but really severe, I think looting should be similiar to Asheron's Call, or you get money each time you kill another player. Being only flagged players get looted or penalized is just dumb. PvP should be the same for all who participate in it, that is why you have different servers for different peoples tastes in PvP. Carebear term I use here is for those who have to have some kind of rule to help them beat a better PvP player, and not willing to take them on in a FFA enviroment. If you need help in kiing someone get a better class or skills or friends, or even maybe a guild but dont hide behind rules.

thats cause you are the agressor and it only comes to play after you continuaslly grief lower level players.

In no way does this games murder/consequence system help a player beat another player AT ALL. the playing field is still even. again you have no idea about the system you are complaining about.

seriously you have no idea what you are talking about. quit using WoW as a comparison as it is not ffa pvp it is FACTION BASED. you are whining for no reason so either play the game or dont. go grief lowbies all you want (which IMO is carebear cause its easy and doesnt require any skill). dont forget to act like a man when someone chops your head off

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

This thread screams "I get beat up a lot in school and need a place to nerd rage. I am willing to pay 14.99 a month to do so". How is having the ability to kill people who can't fight back PVP? Any MMO with levels is going to have this problem I suppose guess that is why when I want fair and balanced PVP I play FPS games. Good luck finding your "man" server, I bet you probably hurt small animals too when you get the chance. It's video game trash like the OP that ruins games.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

ugh there are 10 pvp levels now?  whats it going to be like for somebody who is only pvp level 1... i mean seriously... will he be able to do anything to a guy who is pvp level 10?

Originally posted by socrates656

Originally posted by willvas

the FFA PvP is not bad.. .there are ways to survive.  and to the person who said about stealth in AOC... its NOT STEALTH...

its HIDE... ever play the game HIde-n-Seek?  yes we all have.. and we all arent thieves and rogues... its possible for some to be really good at hiding and some to be really bad at it.  that is what Age of Conan is depicting when you hit the HIDE button. 

stop using the CAREBEAR phrase.. .make the person using it seem stupid....and about 10 years old.  nothing carebearish about anything in any MMO on any server so stop using it.

its the PVP LEVELS... 

there are 5 of them....

here is the problem... the difference between pvp level 1 and pvp level 5 is too drastic.  a PVP level 1 guardian couldnt even damage a PVP level 5 guy.  This is why i quit last time.  It was hard to pvp with all the PVP level 5 guys running around.  I couldnt even damage them. 

on top of that i definitely knew the difference when you got the high levle city buff and when you didnt.  It does make a huge difference of the amount of damage you can take.

Hey moron.

Hide and stealth are the same thing in Age of Conan, and no every class should not be able to use "HIDE/Stealth" in any MMO. Theres nothing wrong with the pvp levels or the pvp itself in Age of Conan. I have a lvl 80 Assassin on Tyranny and up to lvl 4 pvp right now. PvP is not hard on this game. The problem is that every class has Stealth abilitys like "HIDE" Obviously in your case you quite because you ragedquite. Of course your not going to be able to kill a lvl 5 pvp rating guy, because he's put in the time and effort to pvp on his character more then you have. Idiot.

LOL im the moron.. last i checked it was called HIDE.. not stealth... and it was explained since launch that its NOT stealth.. its hide.. which is the reason why everybody has.  maybe it is your who is confused.

and you are wrong on the pvp part... i didnt say kill did I.. i said do damage.. because the gear they get at pvp level 5 raises them so high above a PVP level 1 guy.. and who said i quit in rage?  I never said i did.  I found it pointless for a huge gap like that.  this will chase away a LOT of guys who are new to the game. 

and i see your mature level is pretty high isnt it...  using colorful commentation.  needing to call me moron and idiot.  Well in anycase i see where you mentality level is.. i so need to sink to your age. 

and by the way... learn how to play if you dont know how to use HIDE... i find it perfect and can use it quite well on my assassin.  I see no problems with it as many others do.

its the PVP LEVELS... 

there are 5 of them....

Hey moron.

Hide and stealth are the same thing in Age of Conan, and no every class should not be able to use "HIDE/Stealth" in any MMO. Theres nothing wrong with the pvp levels or the pvp itself in Age of Conan. I have a lvl 80 Assassin on Tyranny and up to lvl 4 pvp right now. PvP is not hard on this game. The problem is that every class has Stealth abilitys like "HIDE" Obviously in your case you quite because you ragedquite. Of course your not going to be able to kill a lvl 5 pvp rating guy, because he's put in the time and effort to pvp on his character more then you have. Idiot.

LOL im the moron.. last i checked it was called HIDE.. not stealth... and it was explained since launch that its NOT stealth.. its hide.. which is the reason why everybody has.  maybe it is your who is confused.

and you are wrong on the pvp part... i didnt say kill did I.. i said do damage.. because the gear they get at pvp level 5 raises them so high above a PVP level 1 guy.. and who said i quit in rage?  I never said i did.  I found it pointless for a huge gap like that.  this will chase away a LOT of guys who are new to the game. 

and i see your mature level is pretty high isnt it...  using colorful commentation.  needing to call me moron and idiot.  Well in anycase i see where you mentality level is.. i so need to sink to your age. 

and by the way... learn how to play if you dont know how to use HIDE... i find it perfect and can use it quite well on my assassin.  I see no problems with it as many others do.

It amazes me that your 38 years old. You sound like you are 10. Grow up

its the PVP LEVELS... 

there are 5 of them....

Hey moron.

It amazes me that your 38 years old. You sound like you are 10. Grow up

yeah you are so right...  I am the one who needs to grow up... LOL 

last i checked you were the one complaining about the Hide skill in Age of Conan...not me...

LOL you are hilarious

I have 1 lvl 80 Stygian Assassin on Tyranny. Curretnly LvL 4 PvP Rank. I also have 3 other characters which are all 80 and very well geared. I have been playing this game since 2008. I know this game inside and out. Our guild is #2 on the server on tyranny. So Please don't tell me that I need to learn how to play, because frankly you would most likely wouldn't even be able to last 5 minutes in one of our guild mini's.

Form an opinion when you have played the game a little longer. Then maybe someone who actually knows anything about the game mechanics will listen to you. Because apperantly you havin't even hit high enough rank yet for tier 2 gear, and that just tells me right there you are ignorant to how pvp works in AoC. PvP is completly differn't at lvl 80 then it is at lvl 20 after leaving tortage.... *sarcasm

I have 1 lvl 80 Stygian Assassin on Tyranny. Curretnly LvL 4 PvP Rank. I also have 3 other characters which are all 80 and very well geared. I have been playing this game since 2008. I know this game inside and out. Our guild is #2 on the server on tyranny. So Please don't tell me that I need to learn how to play, because frankly you would most likely wouldn't even be able to last 5 minutes in one of our guild mini's.

Form an opinion when you have played the game a little longer kid. Then maybe someone who actually knows anything about the game will listen. Because apperantly you havin't even hit high enough rank yet for tier 2 gear

lol sounded like i touched a nerve.. im older then you and you call me kid.. LOL

yeah let the immaturity in you shine.  LOL

yeah and the #2 guild would be?  I was in Dead Kow Kult which was considered to be the #1 when i last played which of course is on Tyranny as well... but does it really matter?  i chose to not continue because i didnt see the game flourishing with a system like that.. it doesnt have anything to do with how long i played.. which im right.. only 4 servers and they havent added any since i last played.  SO that tells me it hasnt improved any more then i last played.

which tells you something right? 

bragging about characters means nothign to me as you still complained about HIDE... LOL

P.S. oh and your assumptions are so way off base its not even funny if you think im making my judgements off of a level 20..LOL dude you crack me up

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Wow. Are you two still busy about this thing? Get over it.

Don't like it, how PvP works in AoC? Then don't play it.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by cyphers

actually this is kind of amusing... well at least it gives me something to do while i download the patches for AoC. 

• WildvixennWildvixenn Member Posts: 23

actually this is kind of amusing... well at least it gives me something to do while i download the patches for AoC. 

I actually think both you and socrates are both kind of immature for your age. he's 30 and your 38. You guys seriously have way to much time on your hands. but socrates does have a very good point. The hide in age of conan is why me and my husband don't play in pvp servers. The hide should only be used by the rogues in the game. If i remember correctly when the game was first released I dont remember ever being able to use hide. I think the reason why they put it in the game later on was that everyone was complaining about the rogue classes to be to overpowered or somthing like that, and like what Willvas said if you don't like pvp. Just do what i did, and play on a pve server. No sence acting like little childern on a forum. If you really want to make progress go to the official forums and tell the devs about it, because none of us care.

• SeikninkuruSeikninkuru Member Posts: 24

Hahaha is this guy forreal?  He's calling FFA pvp carebear but is too chicken shit to play Darkfall because he might lose all his gear.  Hahahaha, classic!

Fail troll is fail.    Back to your Phat Purpz raids in WoW dude.

Originally posted by Wildvixenn

I actually think both you and socrates are both kind of immature for your age. he's 30 and your 38. You guys seriously have way to much time on your hands. but socrates does have a very good point. The hide in age of conan is why me and my husband don't play in pvp servers. The hide should only be used by the rogues in the game. If i remember correctly when the game was first released I dont remember ever being able to use hide. I think the reason why they put it in the game later on was that everyone was complaining about the rogue classes to be to overpowered or somthing like that, and like what Willvas said if you don't like pvp. Just do what i did, and play on a pve server. No sence acting like little childern on a forum. If you really want to make progress go to the official forums and tell the devs about it, because none of us care.

would seriously like to know what i said that was immature but in anycase dont really care.  But for the comment that Hide wasnt in early in the game.. it was... i played at launch... it was in since launch.  And it really hasnt changed since then either.  It is the same mechanic as it was before...

the only gripe most complain about hide is the fact that NPCs catch you in Hide all the time.  Which dont know if they actually got around to fixing it or not.  My guardian had Hide since launch... but it was mainly used for AFK... so i can find a corner.. hit hide... and go do whatever i had to do and pray i wasnt ganked.

at launch the devs fully explained what they wanted with this hide system and it did make total sense.