Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A refreshing change

TotemthumperTotemthumper Member UncommonPosts: 23

I just wanted to take a minute to say how thrilled i am with this game.After disappointment after disappointment in the MMORPG area.this game is a blast.I am level 9 now and must say it is GREAT no it is not a MMORPG. However it is competitive and fun and one of the few games in past couple years i can honestly say i am having fun with.Only thing i can say bad is I wish I would of played it sooner.

Outside of the AFK'er. which happens sometimes nothing else i can complain about.

My only wish is we had more Maps.Anyway if your looking for a great game this might be the one for you.

Totem

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

You should post this on the official forums I'm sure the admins there would love it more :-P

imageimage

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

Taking a minute to agree with OP. This game is great!

*Its fast paced

*completely free with no restrictions to the ones that choose to NOT use real money (except fluff skins).

*You dont have to play for ages and ages, one match takes from 15 minutes to 1h, after that you can go feed the kids, walk the dog, watch some TV, and so on and so on...

*There is a ingame MSN like chat system that lets you add friends and play custom games OR ranked online games with your friends in your party.

Put shortly i think this is easily one of the best online multiplayergames available today.

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• AcidWaveAcidWave Member Posts: 35

I agree with the OP. This game has what most MMO are missing today: "Gameplay”

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Originally posted by ikkeno

*Its fast paced

*completely free with no restrictions to the ones that choose to NOT use real money (except fluff skins).

*You dont have to play for ages and ages, one match takes from 15 minutes to 1h, after that you can go feed the kids, walk the dog, watch some TV, and so on and so on...

*There is a ingame MSN like chat system that lets you add friends and play custom games OR ranked online games with your friends in your party.

Put shortly i think this is easily one of the best online multiplayergames available today.

I want to try this game, but my reflexs are getting slow.  It happens when you get older.  It looks like it it's a bit fun.

How is the community?  Full of trash talkers and other bad sportsmen?

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

I disagree, but it is free I guess.

It has a horrid community.  There is 1 map that people play.  It is a momentum game - i.e. soccer, rugby, but loses any sense of strategy due to the leveling scaling being too great.  One guy on your team gives up a few kills in the beginning? often the game is over in that situation.  I wish the game had a bit more strategy to it.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

This game is based around the DotA map from WC3.

Similiar games:

Heroes of Newerth (DotA remake)

Bloodline Champions (Arena deathmatch version with no leveling)

Though this game is much easier to learn and play than Heroes of Newerth, its not as competative and games are a little faster.

This game is refreshingly fun.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Originally posted by NightCloak

This game is based around the DotA map from WC3.

Similiar games:

Heroes of Newerth (DotA remake)

Bloodline Champions (Arena deathmatch version with no leveling)

Though this game is much easier to learn and play than Heroes of Newerth, its not as competative and games are a little faster.

This game is refreshingly fun.

Someone was shilling out Bloodline Champions on a forum and I was so turned off by it I will not play it.

If it is just the Dota map and a remake, then it doesn't sound that interesting.

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by FreddyNoNose

Originally posted by ikkeno

*Its fast paced

I want to try this game, but my reflexs are getting slow.  It happens when you get older.  It looks like it it's a bit fun.

How is the community?  Full of trash talkers and other bad sportsmen?

Well, like in all online based games you get smacktalk and players you would never want to talk to in real life, tho "/mute Playername" works wonders as long as you are ingame. When not playing on a map no one can contact you unless you "add them as friend" like you would do on MSN or similar chat programs.

I am also getting older my friend, and my reflexes are far far from what they used to be, but with the matchmaking you get mostly laned with players of similar level and skill, as you grow in lvl end skill so does your opponents.

In adition you can play with your added friends as a team or on a private server (practice game) to further customize how you want to play the game.

Hope to see you online,

ikkeno

(PS: i spell like a dying camel so no complaints please ;))

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -