Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Future Updates Disapear!

KitKat1KitKat1 Member Posts: 33

Many would think this was just a conspiacy but look at this thread.

We all knew that this game was going to flop but the speed at which it did was ammazing. When i first read about the devs starting to bail on Cryptic i though well this must be it. And gess what ....!

I am supprised the Forums are taking it so well but then again the lifers left in game have nothing to gain by getting upset and i think everyone deep down inside already knows the inevertable is happening!

YES ..Future Updates have left the Building! .... Leaving players wondering what the hell is going on! "We all where hopeing that season 2 will Save STO" ..But its missing suddenly from the radar ... and all updates have been pushed back ..with no new STF's comming... this could be the Blackout ..before the ATARI fin release ...

Link

Comments

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Who cares anymore? It is mainly only the lifers left and they really have no leverage power with cryptic and will have to swallow any timetable cryptic comes up with.

• RaythorRaythor Member Posts: 134

It makes me feel bad for all the lifers, and happy that I thought twice about it =/

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

has cryptic released a timeframe for when the game is no longer going to be a paid beta?

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• yumpinyiminiyumpinyimini Member UncommonPosts: 81

I think I must have missed something, because it just seems like updates are getting pushed back, not eliminated.

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

If you're talking about the calendar or the coming soon list, they haven't updated that or the rest of their website in forever.  On the other hand, cryptic not being able to meet all the grandiose claims they've made? That's just their usual business practice.  Although Im surprised they're not hyping more additions to the c store. I think they've just about finished the initial batch. 

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

With a normal MMO studio, this would elicit a "Lame, oh well" response from me.

With Cryptic it just make me laugh. What else can you do in regards to this company?

...Somebody's gotta make that sweet sweet C-Store fluff!

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Well if you couldnt tell they dont care about their MMO's or their customer's happiness.  Because the game has flopped so badly at this point they really could care less about fixing it because the money boat already set sail and wont be coming back.  Anything they "promised" is up for grabs now 

It's odd that Cryptic seems to seperate the customers from sucess. They seem to feel as long as they make money, the customers don't count. In fact, customers are a cow to be milked, even when dry.

Just my opinion.

• nishikazenishikaze Member UncommonPosts: 16

Originally posted by Die_Scream

It's odd that Cryptic seems to seperate the customers from sucess. They seem to feel as long as they make money, the customers don't count. In fact, customers are a cow to be milked, even when dry.

Just my opinion.

I agree with your opinion. Ive never thought Cryptic was good at making MMOS. Just good at hyping people into buying trash...and over charging for crap games.

But the day I heard they where making STO I thought maybe they could do it. But after beta and then launch of STO I realized that Cryptic is just Craptic. Where is the exploration??? Why is everything instanced??? This is not Star Trek Online.... 

Ugh.... I could rant about this game for hours..... 

(Cryptic, thanks for destroying Star Trek. May you crash a burn hard. )

Originally posted by nishikaze

Just my opinion.

I agree with your opinion. Ive never thought Cryptic was good at making MMOS. Just good at hyping people into buying trash...and over charging for crap games.

But the day I heard they where making STO I thought maybe they could do it. But after beta and then launch of STO I realized that Cryptic is just Craptic. Where is the exploration??? Why is everything instanced??? This is not Star Trek Online.... 

well hopefully cryptic will fail hard, then we wont see their business model again (i hope).

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Just my opinion.

Watch out, because they're developing a 3rd MMO, makes me wonder which IP is getting butchered and turned into a milking machine next.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by EricDanie

Just my opinion.

Watch out, because they're developing a 4th MMO, makes me wonder which IP is getting butchered and turned into a milking machine next.

Fixed :-P CoH/V, CO, STO, and now whatever their 4th is

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Just my opinion.

Watch out, because they're developing a 4th MMO, makes me wonder which IP is getting butchered and turned into a milking machine next.

word is dungeons and dragons (forget which version), which if true is going to be funny when the f2p version is better than what they try to make.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by raistalin69

Just my opinion.

word is dungeons and dragons (forget which version), which if true is going to be funny when the f2p version is better than what they try to make.

Actually the rumor is Neverwinter Nights. In which case, that will be another IP coming to an ignominious end. And that's after Obsidian already battered it into the top soil with NWN 2.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• GaldereGaldere Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Just my opinion.

Watch out, because they're developing a 3rd MMO, makes me wonder which IP is getting butchered and turned into a milking machine next.

Actually the rumor is Neverwinter Nights. In which case, that will be another IP coming to an ignominious end. And that's after Obsidian already battered it into the top soil with NWN 2.

Fixed back cos no one at Cryptic actually made anything on CoH/V, all those people stayed, they just like to play on their association. They supposedly have the neverwinter nightsforgotten realms franchise. Probably my second favourite IP after star trek *sobs*. Everywhere I see mention of it I am going to cry out about what Cryptic is. Collective boycott, I can but hope.

• mezlabormezlabor Member Posts: 133

I hope they dont get nwn. I really hope. And IM just really glad marvel yanked their license from cryptic. Imagine how heart breaking MUO would be? Oh wait we KNOW how dissapointing that would be we need only look at Champions...

• lowendahllowendahl Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Since some of the sound files in STO are identified as Neverwinter_soundname rather than STO_soundname there is little doubt they are/were working on NWN online.

Should be interesting to see how that goes whatever the game is. With the lousy games Cryptic has put out lately we'll have an opportunity to see if a company's future earnings are actually affected by such massive failures. I for one certainly hope so...

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Everytime i read STO forums its like a deja vu. Same posters with eaxact same 2 to 3 lines. They keep saying 'who cares' and yet post here every single day. So yep you all do care. (otherwise you won't keep us reminding about it)

Moreover pushing backp updates is not same as updates being disappeared. Someone needs better reading skills. STO is not first game to pushback or delay updates and it won't be last. Welcome to MMORPGS where only believeable date is 'coming soon'.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I can't help but think about one thing when I am looking at STO topics. Cryptic has become to MMOs as Uwe Boll has become to movies, just in reverse. While Boll takes games and releases horrible movies out of them, Cryptic takes the movies and turns them into bad games.

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Getalife

Everytime i read STO forums its like a deja vu. Same posters with eaxact same 2 to 3 lines. They keep saying 'who cares' and yet post here every single day. So yep you all do care. (otherwise you won't keep us reminding about it)

Moreover pushing backp updates is not same as updates being disappeared. Someone needs better reading skills. STO is not first game to pushback or delay updates and it won't be last. Welcome to MMORPGS where only believeable date is 'coming soon'.

Meh who cares?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by grunty

How does "... and all updates have been pushed back" becomeFuture Updates Disapear!"?

I'd suggest you update you critical thinkings skills.

Well, those 4  cities in WAR was also "pushed back". It means one of 2 things, either "We don't have enough money to release it now or something isn't working so we will release it a lot later" or "Screw this but we wont dare tell you that we canned everything, we will just tell you it will come later and never mentioning it again".

Mythic meant the last thing.

But you are right, the real title should be "Future updates might disapear". In any case: this is bad for the players.

Originally posted by Getalife

Don't forget that they all "Rushed to the cap". Don't forget "Game is only X months old!".

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

This might upset the folks who've emotionally invested in the failure of the game, but:

Four Months In!

Star Trek Online launched four months ago, and we’re still having a blast. And churning out a lot of content and improvements! We hope you guys have been noticing it - actually, we’re pretty sure you’ve been noticing it, since a lot if is in response to your comments :). By the way, keep that feedback coming!

Let’s take a brief look at …

… What We’ve Been Up To:

4 STFs – Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord, Undine: Terradome

2 New Fleet Actions

Fleet Actions for Klingons

Klingon Star Clusters

Difficulty Slider

Injury System

Borg HUB, Episodes, Star Clusters, deep space encounters …

Memory Alpha rework

Space auto-fire improvements

Klingon Joined Trill

Fleet Mail

Inventory Stacking improvements

Respec

Civilian Clothing options

ToS Skirts

Aid Mission Revamp

Lifetime Perks

Veteran Rewards

Fed vs. Fed PvP

Ground Assault PvP

MkX equipment stores

More costume pieces and playable species

And, like, a billion pages of patch notes of other stuff, here.

Everything Coming Soon (That Isn’t Part of Season 2)

You may have already seen it in d Stahl’s engineering reports, but we have a lot of great things coming in the next several months:

• The Accolade System – I know how much you guys have been wanting this, and I have to admit, I’m pretty stoked about it, too. Track your achievements. How much phaser damage have you dealt in your career? How many Federation officers have you shuffled off this mortal coil (assuming you’re playing a Klingon. No killing your allies, guys!)?

• The Squad System – This will let you team up with other players who aren’t in your level, and lets your effectiveness match so you can play together.

• Balance Adjustments – We have those DPS/recharge/global-ability-cooldown adjustments that many of our high-end players have been requesting. Log into Tribble and check them out. Give us your feedback! We’re testing it out now, so this is when we need to hear from you the most. Also – don’t forget to log into Tribble to “play with the devs” early next week. We’ll be there, will you?

• UI Improvements – We’re working on a window that will show you when rewards happen during normal character advancement (powers, unlocks, bridge officer reqs, etc.).

• Bug Fixes and Improvements – We’re always working on fixes and improvements, because a game developer’s job is never done.

But I’m betting a lot of you know this already, because you all read dStahl’s engineering reports, right?

Just so you know, though, we’re going to have to put out those reports without dStahl’s help for a little while, since he’s off becoming a dad right now.

Season 2

Season 2 is nearly upon us, and we’ve been working on a ton of content for that release:

• Minigames – Yes, ThomastheCat, there really is a Santa Claus. Or, at least, there really will be minigames in STO. As of update 1.3, you’ll be able to play Dabo at Quark’s. And we’ll be adding several more minigames throughout your ship and the galaxy in Season 2. There’s a great thread about minigames on the forums. Jump on board and chime in!

• Federation Diplomatic Corps – Federation players will be able to focus more on non-combat content and gain rank within the Diplomatic Corps. There are some very cool rewards in there, and some new diplomatic/exploration Episodes and missions. In fact, I played through a new “First Contact” scenario yesterday …

We see a lot of potential for future diplomatic updates.

• Faction Free Episodes –The majority of Episodic content we’re adding to STO will be faction-agnostic. Both Klingon and Federation captains will be able to play through this content (although, probably not together – unless you really want to). The Breen Episodes and the high-end episodes in fluidic space will be available to Klingons.

• Klingon Exclusive Episodes - Because everyone loves Klingons, right? Season 2 has several Episodes just for Klingons. (The Fek’Lhri are scary, but I so want to fly one of their ships …)

• Bumping the Cap – We’re moving the cap up 6 grades to Vice Admiral 1. There will be more rewards and more content for those of you up at the end of the game.

• Ship Interiors – I have walked the curved hallways of my crew deck on the way to MY ten-forward …

• Weekly Content – We’re looking to start rolling out an Episode every week. Like a “STO Tuesdays” sorta thing (it may even happen on Tuesdays, but no promises on that one). We’ll start rolling out weekly Episodes after Season 2 goes live.

• Fleet Logos, High End Content, and Beyond … all before the end of July.

Season 3 and Beyond

We’ve started taking polls, and we’re going to keep doing it. Right now we’re beginning to work out the major features we want in Season 3, and we want to know what you guys most want to see.

Yes. We’re looking at adding another faction. Which do you want first? Romulan? Cardassian? Borg?

We’re also looking at adding user-generated content to the game. How would you rank that against a persistent sector PvP game? Against Fleet Starbases? Being able to “Alt- your BOff” and call him to fly along side of you?

These are things that we’ll be starting up polls for over the coming weeks – so pay attention and get your vote in! (Man – I was surprised the NX didn’t show up higher in the last ship poll …)

We’ve still got a bunch of people cranking out bug fixes/content/feature updates for the game. As you can see from the list above – this is largely driven by YOU. Keep posting on the forums, keep telling us what you want – I think it’s working well. :)

From Cryptic yesterday. http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1730

Continue "not caring", while posting hourly....

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

wow, great post rohn. is that all the stuff that you figure should have been in at launch? cause i think theres still some stuff missing.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

wow, great post rohn. is that all the stuff that you figure should have been in at launch? cause i think theres still some stuff missing.

Nah, just providing a little information displaying the pointlessness of the original post, and the silliness of the (predictable) ensuing kneejerk dogpile.

By all means, keep checking back, though.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.