Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn based like Final Fantacy Tactics

VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Are there any computer games out there like Final Fantacy Tactics off-line or online?

Comments

• FyronovaFyronova Member Posts: 36

Well if it's turned based, I can recommend Atlantica Online and Wakfu.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Not quite like FFT, as far as style/look (more of a traditional fantasy setting), but a good Tactical game: Battle for Wesnoth

• CavallCavall Member Posts: 272

Atlantica online, Dofus...a few others out there.

• KualaBDKualaBD Member UncommonPosts: 131

Originally posted by Venger

Are there any computer games out there like Final Fantacy Tactics?

You looking for only mmo's that are like FFT or just PC games in general?

I haven't played FFT but I have played D&D Tactics as well as Lord of the Rings Tactics (both on PSP).  If those are similar to FFT then I can think of several PC games that are similar, though none of them are mmo's.

You can try Fallout 1 or 2 as well as Fallout Tactics (real time movement but combat is turn-based) though those are a bit older games.  There's also any of the Heroes of Might & Magic games (movement & combat are turn-based) though those too are older games with HoMM 5 being the most recent I believe.  There's also Arcanum:  Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura which is similar to the original Fallout games except based in a Steampunk/Fantasy world.

Actually, now that I mention HoMM I just remembered they're making a Heroes of Might & Magic mmo which I believe is in beta now that you can apply to and try.  I can't think of any other mmo's that are turn-based (other than the ones previous posters mentioned).

Turn-based games are currently out of fashion for the PC gaming crowd so there's really nothing recent for that style.  Most of what's available are older games.