Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firesky using SGW forum info to spam people

kordoskordos Member Posts: 37

I just got the following email from a Firesky email address

Hey Friend!

Think you know who played young Jack O'Neill?  Think you remember what's on P3X994?  We do!  Try your hand at our new Facebook game, Stargate PHD, and earn your stripes.  Stargate PHD offers players the chance to level up through 15 ranks for both the SGC, and System Lords, answering questions from the universe of Stargate, and bonus questions related to Stargate Resistance.  Challenge your friends' knowledge, and settle once and for all who is the keeper of lore.

When you've proven your metal, be sure to join the Resistance, and battle for galactic domination in Stargate Resistance, available now for PC-Online.  Play as either the System Lords, or SGC, battling across the galaxy in the ultimate struggle of the universe.  We've just opened a new gate address to Leonops and the deadly court of the goa'uld, Mahes.  Can you survive his Arena of Death?

To be taken directly to Stargate PHD on Facebook, please click here.

Thanks!

-The Stargate Resistance team

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options, visit:

https://nic.infusionsoft.com/opt?o=0&i=627539&m=0&e=2553add5

8743 E. Pecos Rd.

Mesa, Az 85212

United States

(602) 697-6812image

I am assuming they got my email address from my membership of the Stargate World forum (which I am removing now)

Can Firesky do this? when I signed up I agreed to SGW info not anything else - and Firesky's privacy policy hasn't been updated in 2 years

EDIT: removed links

Comments

• supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by kordos

I just got the following email from a Firesky email address

Hey Friend!

Think you know who played young Jack O'Neill?  Think you remember what's on P3X994?  We do!  Try your hand at our new Facebook game, Stargate PHD, and earn your stripes.  Stargate PHD offers players the chance to level up through 15 ranks for both the SGC, and System Lords, answering questions from the universe of Stargate, and bonus questions related to Stargate Resistance.  Challenge your friends' knowledge, and settle once and for all who is the keeper of lore.

When you've proven your metal, be sure to join the Resistance, and battle for galactic domination in Stargate Resistance, available now for PC-Online.  Play as either the System Lords, or SGC, battling across the galaxy in the ultimate struggle of the universe.  We've just opened a new gate address to Leonops and the deadly court of the goa'uld, Mahes.  Can you survive his Arena of Death?

To be taken directly to Stargate PHD on Facebook, please click here.

Thanks!

-The Stargate Resistance team

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options, visit:

https://nic.infusionsoft.com/opt?o=0&i=627539&m=0&e=2553add5

8743 E. Pecos Rd.

Mesa, Az 85212

United States

(602) 697-6812image

I am assuming they got my email address from my membership of the Stargate World forum (which I am removing now)

Can Firesky do this? when I signed up I agreed to SGW info not anything else - and Firesky's privacy policy hasn't been updated in 2 years

EDIT: removed links

People who got it should be those who subscribed to the SGR newsletter. Where you subscribed to the newsletter service?

It is/was the big "register now for stargate resistance" button on the SGR homepage.

• kordoskordos Member Posts: 37

Nope - I only subbed to the SGW forums and I have not been an active member of that for over a year - I have not subbed for anything to do with SGR

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

heh, yea.  just unsubscribe to what you subscribed to previously.

• OdesuOdesu Member Posts: 14

I wasn't subscribed to any Resistance newsletter, either, and received the same message.  Face it, they're the same forums; they jacked our e-mail address for their spam regardless of our interest in their other game.

Originally posted by Khors

heh, yea.  just unsubscribe to what you subscribed to previously.

I have but they shouldn't have sent it to me in the first place

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I am a member of those forums too so please explain why I have never seen such an email too at my end?? If they were truely spamming everyone then surely I would have gotten the same email along with everyone else.

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by sancher36

I am a member of those forums too so please explain why I have never seen such an email too at my end?? If they were truely spamming everyone then surely I would have gotten the same email along with everyone else.

Well, I signed up on their forums just to be available for bets and never ever posted anything and I got an e-mail. 

Originally posted by sancher36

It could have gone into your spam folder or you might have used a different email addy when signing up - my bet would be on spam folder

I only noticed it because ages ago in gmail I set up tags for email address' from different sites and people including a Game News tag so the email wasn't spammend

So now that Dark Comet Games has taken over SG:R and SG:W they have decided to spam me as well - despite me unsubscribing from firesky and removing my email address from my old SG:W forum account (also unchecking any 'subscribe to' boxes)

Every time the company or license changes hand I better not get more damn emails!