Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please be polite to developers

JulieBlueJulieBlue Member Posts: 13

Hello,

I just want to remind everyone to be polite to the developers.

This game is not being made by 100's of developers, instead we have a handful of very talented develoeprs working on this and doing an excellent job.

Yes there is delay, but what other game doesn't have delay? The delay is there to fix a number of things, they want stuff to be cool even in Beta (eg: pathing and so on).

Please love the developers, this game is their child and they are doing everthing to make this game what you expect it to be.

Julie Wild
PCGamer

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Not to be an ass, but I doubt that devs of any game except Knight Online and WW2O check these forums. Plus, why would a couple ass-mouthed comments turn off developers after a few years of production?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by JulieBlue
    Hello,I just want to remind everyone to be polite to the developers. This game is not being made by 100's of developers, instead we have a handful of very talented develoeprs working on this and doing an excellent job.Yes there is delay, but what other game doesn't have delay? The delay is there to fix a number of things, they want stuff to be cool even in Beta (eg: pathing and so on).Please love the developers, this game is their child and they are doing everthing to make this game what you expect it to be.Julie Wild
    PCGamer

um...

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Well in case you are confused, she dislikes terrorism.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Originally posted by Kiamde
    Well in case you are confused, she dislikes terrorism.

ahhh ::::02::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• MhorhamMhorham Member Posts: 146

Perhaps they seem very talanted when compared to collage students just learing the ropes or a group of people working on a shcool project. But compareing the guys behind Mourning to thier peers they don't seem to be doing all that well.

This has been the bigest mess I have ever seen since I started following pc games. It reminds me of how unsure I felt about buying the first online game I came accross back in 97 or so. I thouhgt it seemed a bit shady, selling a game that you had to be online to play, but I jumped in had a good time. Over the years I have forgoten to be wary of incompotence, or disreputable actions, on the part of the people selling these things . .  untill now.

I fear Mournings contribution to the genre will be a stain on the reliability of the industry rather than the ground breaking new game I had hoped it to be at one time.

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

You got to be kidding me. These devs are the most nazi, angery, and immature dev team in recent mmorpg history. The treat players like crap, and post the IPs of personal enemies. Doesnt matter anyway, they dont check these forums because they cant inforce there form of centorship.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

Hello,
    This game is not being made by 100's of developers, instead we have a handful of very talented develoeprs working on this and doing an excellent job.
    Yes there is delay, but what other game doesn't have delay? The delay is there to fix a number of things, they want stuff to be cool even in Beta (eg: pathing and so on).
    Please love the developers, this game is their child and they are doing everthing to make this game what you expect it to be.
    Julie Wild
    PCGamer

Dear JulieBlue,

Go away.

Sincerely,

Me

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Hello,
    Julie Wild
    PCGamer

Julie- I notice your complete disregard for how the developers should treat their potential customers.  I'm sure, since you're so informed I'm equally certian you can recall when they posted a persons IP address and have threatened to do so again.

They verbally abuse their own pre customers.

If this game is their child I'm going to call the department of human services for child abuse, neglect, and an unfit house.

If this game were a child theyd be in jail.

PS- If the Mourning development team put a gun to your head or kidnapped your family to force you say this wink twice.

• notalentnotalent Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by happydan20

PS- If the Mourning development team put a gun to your head or kidnapped your family to force you say this wink twice.

haha. ya i hate to admit it but the mourning dev team isnt too great ::::21::

Originally posted by happydan20
    PS- If the Mourning development team put a gun to your head or kidnapped your family to force you say this wink twice.

lmao. Now that is funny.::::08::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• MisfitZMisfitZ Member Posts: 368

Wait-

PCGamer, as in the magazine? Like, you work for the magazine, somehow?

This would imply that you're reasonably familiar with what we like to call the "Internet".

And you expect us to be nice to those tools over on the Mourning dev teams? Give me a break. This going to be one of those games that's used as an insult for future games.

"This POS is gonna be another Mourning."

Mourning = a lot of talk, no action.

Show me the real game, if you can. Wait, you can't.

-----------------------------
    Listen Asmodeeus, seven years ago, Ultima Online didn't even have those pathetic "quests" that you refer to or those "professions" of ninja, samurai, necromancer, and paladin. Nor did it have any of the neon crap, or bug mounts. It didn't even have any "combat moves." You turned on attack and jousted with simplistic swings. It was a better game then. if you can't guess why then just uninstall the thing and move along. - Crabby

• EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35

Hello,
    Julie Wild
    PCGamer

The devs have no respect for the community whatso ever its a shame you cant see that.
  • WagnardWagnard Member Posts: 21

WOW Someone from a respected magazine came here to make her one and only post devoted to protecting poor Mourning developers. What's next? St. George descending from the skies and annihilating evildoers? image 

This is more than likely to be a fake

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

For those of you that dont read the Mourning Forum Julie is the resident apologist for the mods and devs. Nothing is allowed to be spoken in Julie's presence except glowing praise of the game and its managers. I guess the fact that free speech is allowed here has bothered her so much that she has come over to do her bit to brutally stamp it out.

Nice to have you aboard Julie. Enjoy your stay.image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• WagnardWagnard Member Posts: 21

Oh I see

So is the lady really involved with PC Games?

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Folks please disregard this post, this is a case of someone trying to impersonate me to discredit me in some way.

I am registered on the mourning forums as JulieBlue, and was using that nick in IRC until someone registered it.

The person posing here and on MIRC as JulieBlue is not associated with PCGamer, or its affliates and in no way represents the magazine, this reviewer or our feelings concerning this game one way or the other.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Could be time for a new handle methinks Julie

At least no one would want to impersonate me... after all who wants to be regarded as a a$$hole image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260

I was joking about the kidnap/gun situation!  But it now seems that julie must be held hostage, we've got to do something!!  Let's get a raid group together and bust her out of the castle, bowsers got nothing on me.

imageimageimage

don't worry julie, I got your back.

Oops looks like the real one post already so no need for this. Carry on nothing to see here. ::::12::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

bla bla etc.
    Julie Wild
    PCGamer

User Info: "Biography:
    8 years experience in game design, game journalism and currently working for PCMag."

...Try to make up which fake story you are sticking to.[Edit: Ok you decided that you are working for both of them. Now change the wrong age & shitty writing skills]