Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE v.s Black Prophecy wich one would u like 2 play more?

Comments

• Greater_ForceGreater_Force Member Posts: 28

I played Eve for about 2 months I think. I was bored after two weeks but thought it would get better once I started more PvP. Well...it wasn't all that cool and it seemed like I was just doing the same things over and over. Plus everything looked pretty much the same everywhere you went, well it would have if I wouldn't have been AFK most of the time while traveling.

That being said, I haven't played BP yet so I couldn't say I like to play it more, but I do hope that is the case soon.

-Greater Force

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

I'll probably play both seeing as they are two completely different types/styles of game ...

When i want fast-paced FPS style action I'll play BP

When I don't I'll play Eve

It's a win-win scenario for me.

[edit]

I like BP's customisable modular ship concept ... that could be interesting to play around with :D

The choice of just 2 factions does seem a little limiting ... and if it's PvP based and lot's of players go 1 way it's gonna suck to be the other Faction ... systems with 3 Factions (all 3 playable or just 2 playable & 1 AI) generally seem to offer better balance overall.

[/edit]

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Black Prophecy because staring at a rock for hours and combat-by-numbers isn't exactly what I'd consider to be an anjoyable game.

• epsilon426epsilon426 Member UncommonPosts: 14

The two games are different, this seems more like an intercept action paced game, while eve is slow economic, capital ship battle game.

I like space sim and interceptor battle, but for single player. Played all wing commands, x-wing vs tie fighter, freespace, freelancer and few others.

In term of playing against other people I prefer slower capital ship battles, intercetor battle against other people too me is kinda boring, if you played freespace 2 multiplayer you know what i mean. It fun for a bit.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I'd play BP 10 x as much more. Eve is for getting isk to buy ships/skills then waiting on training them, not so much for playing.

• JoshBobJoshBob Member Posts: 6

BP, because it's free, and looks like a potentially good game, and might be fun for a little while.

• siftifiedsiftified Member Posts: 258

EVE. The sandbox rocks, the dev-team is one of the best around, and the expansions are many and free. Add to that the hugely player driven aspect of the game and you've got a game that will, in my opinion, outshine and outlast an item-shop co-op space-shooter any day.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Black Prophecy. I like to earn my stuff not just "wait" for it. Plus I like more twitch based combat than click and wait.

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

I play eve over 6 years and im not bored with it yet... however i will try bp because the nice graphics (90% of the eve ships have a crappy look imo), modular ship construction, dogfights with probably a joystick...

Can't wait to try it on a newer pc...

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by elocke

Black Prophecy. I like to earn my stuff not just "wait" for it. Plus I like more twitch based combat than click and wait.

You earn everything you get in Eve. Do you not have to actually play to afford skill books? don't you need to actually make a steady stream of isk to buy anything? I hate how people get so hung up on skills would you rather them be reactionary and have everyone macro like in DF?

Every game with skills that need to be raised individually is plagued by macro bots (UO, DF).

I can see it now. A player needs to raise EM shied resists so they fly out to a low level mission and let NPC fire on them for a few days while afk. Does that sound fun? or would you rather make the isk to buy the skill, set it and then do whatever you want?

Oh and on the topic of combat I can promise you that with the exception of targeting Eves combat will be much mroe reactionary that BPs.

Your going to have manual aim and a couple different firing options in BP, Meanwhile in Eve I have several reacionary modules to use, overheat and many, many ways to fit a ship for combat.

Once you actually play BP your going to agree that its much more simple than Eve's.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

To me the perfect game would be EVE with twitch flight sim controls and cockpit views. Black Prophecy has some things going for it that I really like, but some I dont. I will be checking it out for sure though.

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

I didn't find eve appealing. It was slow, there was no action, nothing. Yes, there is the human interaction, scamming is legal and blablabla. But you know what? I have enough of that in real life.
    I've read that some people spent months of playing, to get into a corp and become a director, just to strip it clean. Remember that south park guitar hero episode? "Congratulations, you are a NERD!"
    But people play it, they think they are cool, they've spent months planning their character, earning isk, getting to know the game better and better. And then, they think that they are H A R D C O R E, they got isk, got power, got relations, got knowledge of E V E. And I don't give a fuck.
    These people hate WoW players, coz its simple game which involves lots of clicking. And eve is, ofcourse, superhardcore mindblowing game, wow hase no consequences, you die, you ressurect, you get epicz, you dont give a fuck e.g. "eve >>> wow" etc. But for the same reason WoW has so many subscribers.
    Eve "combat"... Epic battles of chewing popcorn and reading some magazine, while ships try to blow each other for 10 minutes. Having fun? O'RLY? Making eve a sci-fi game just to make it look big (huge universe, ships, planets etc) sucked. "Bridge! Fire the lazors, engines full power and a cup of coffee to keep myself awake for 10 minutes" says a captain of a 4 module ship with 8 guns of the same type. Thats the sci-fi?! Are you kidding? You cant target subsystems, afterburner takes a whole module slot, no boarding ships, no skill. Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes, thats sci-fi. Coz eve is a perverted joke, worshipped by thousands of zealots.

Freelancer, freespace, homeworld, O.R.B., and others, if BP is going inherit any of their features its going to be a success. Eve had none of them, and seeing BP compared to a joke like eve makes panda sad.

There's one thing I hope for. That BP is going to become nothing like eve. Player-driven economics is fine, polotics is fine, everything else should die with eve.

p.s. habbo hotel with a few tweaks could become eve.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Black Prophecy! Im so sick and tired of Eves archaic UI and extreme death penalty.

Also the combat is lackluster and boring.

• Definitely Black Prophecy.  I played EVE for awhile and loved it at first, but then I got tired of waiting 10 days for my skills to train just so I could have fun again.  I have been following Black Prophecy since I found out it was going to be realeased and that was far before the beta.  I can't wait for it to be realeased.

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

Originally posted by Vesper11

I didn't find eve appealing. It was slow, there was no action, nothing. Yes, there is the human interaction, scamming is legal and blablabla. But you know what? I have enough of that in real life.

I've read that some people spent months of playing, to get into a corp and become a director, just to strip it clean. Remember that south park guitar hero episode? "Congratulations, you are a NERD!"

But people play it, they think they are cool, they've spent months planning their character, earning isk, getting to know the game better and better. And then, they think that they are H A R D C O R E, they got isk, got power, got relations, got knowledge of E V E. And I don't give a fuck.

These people hate WoW players, coz its simple game which involves lots of clicking. And eve is, ofcourse, superhardcore mindblowing game, wow hase no consequences, you die, you ressurect, you get epicz, you dont give a fuck e.g. "eve >>> wow" etc. But for the same reason WoW has so many subscribers.

Eve "combat"... Epic battles of chewing popcorn and reading some magazine, while ships try to blow each other for 10 minutes. Having fun? O'RLY? Making eve a sci-fi game just to make it look big (huge universe, ships, planets etc) sucked. "Bridge! Fire the lazors, engines full power and a cup of coffee to keep myself awake for 10 minutes" says a captain of a 4 module ship with 8 guns of the same type. Thats the sci-fi?! Are you kidding? You cant target subsystems, afterburner takes a whole module slot, no boarding ships, no skill. Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes, thats sci-fi. Coz eve is a perverted joke, worshipped by thousands of zealots.

Freelancer, freespace, homeworld, O.R.B., and others, if BP is going inherit any of their features its going to be a success. Eve had none of them, and seeing BP compared to a joke like eve makes panda sad.

There's one thing I hope for. That BP is going to become nothing like eve. Player-driven economics is fine, polotics is fine, everything else should die with eve.

I love your post. You're completely wrong but I still enjoy reading your post. It has some crunch and I see that some evil EVE player must have broken your heart or something in the past. I do agree with one part... afterburner using a module slot but all the rest is off. Anyway, lovely post though :D

Black Prophecy looks promising but I doubt it will ever lift off above most sci-fi niche games. I have the feeling the game will come out then just quietly breeze around. Which means, not a lot of players and entertainment. While EVE can be boring at times... it can have it's own moments of intensity. I should know, I'm part CVA... I've seen boring and I've seen amazing. :)

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Ponico

I love your post. You're completely wrong but I still enjoy reading your post. It has some crunch and I see that some evil EVE player must have broken your heart or something in the past. I do agree with one part... afterburner using a module slot but all the rest is off. Anyway, lovely post though :D

Black Prophecy looks promising but I doubt it will ever lift off above most sci-fi niche games. I have the feeling the game will come out then just quietly breeze around. Which means, not a lot of players and entertainment. While EVE can be boring at times... it can have it's own moments of intensity. I should know, I'm part CVA... I've seen boring and I've seen amazing. :)

Well i agree with him .. Eve's combat is boring and there is little PvE content. I tried it last year. There are few missions. After a day or so, i have to REPEAT the same missions from some agents????? Other MMOs typically don't have repeating missions till close to the end game.

And combat is very boring .. get in range .. fire all the missles and cycle the launchers automatically. Geez .. i don't have to do a thing. There is no skills to use (even STO has those), and little manuevering to do. Sure this is early game and it is not PvP. However, there is no excuse of not making the early game more interseting.

It is not a matter of easy or not . it is a matter of whether it is fun.

• garfnaffelgarfnaffel Member Posts: 1

well i`ll be playing both probably

Eve has its own economy and by the looks of it bp hasn`t  (hope they prove me wrong)

Bp has fast paced action .....and eve well tbh doesn`t have that(exept if ur going into 0.0 space....the action finds u pretty fast :P)

Eve has nice ships, tons of em, bp has only one u need to reconfigure to make it do something different (not sure if it matters though)

Eve has a nice outside view of your ship...... bp has a nice outside view of your ship ASWEL as a nice view of the inside of your ship :D

i WILL be playing bp, i just hope its not gonna be Griefspace (i`d be gone, leaving a long smoking trail in the direction of eve or something .....maybe even wow wich i don`t hate dispite being an eve player and all)

:)

Just ignore me

• MuAhAhA_LoLzMuAhAhA_LoLz Member Posts: 10

I'll play BP for sure because of the free-to-play but I still might play EVE too: I'll add this to the rumor room but on a website I read that DUST 514 and EVE online are teaming-up and might make only one big game. I always liked both FPS and sapce sim and if this is true it would probably be my favorite game. But I still wait for BP because the gameplay is much better then just clicking everywere like in EVE (but thats just my opinion). And even though BP is F2P it was supposed to be P2P but the alliance with Gamigo made it free so all the premium items will probably be higher-level ship parts that would be avaible for lower-level player.

So in conclusion...I vote both

You are fully capable of choosing your own destiny. The question you face is: wich path will you choose?

• devilkingxdevilkingx Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

ill play both, simply because both are not even the same style of gameplay.

eve is ressource control while flying ships like the enterprize (from star trek) its more of controling large ships with a crew. the captain has to say, helsman, set route to (xyz system). engage! and then the ship goes

Black prophecy is a 1st person shooter where your ship is no bigger than an x-wing from star wars.  those ships can be controled with a joystick and can turn on a dime. (lets not get into technicallities on how the enterprise was piloted with a joystick in that 1 episode on tv)

so both gameplays are completely different from eachother

nexr thread eve vs counter strike?

if you are going to VS something, make them similar (and no genre is not the only criteria)

exactly that last bit is right on the money no f2p vs p2p p2p will always be for nerds who spends hundreds of dollars and hours of their lives for a game that they can get/make a similar experience for free nd still have the same fun if not corrupted by p2plaugue(c wut i did thar?) which is the inability to play f2p games just because most p2ps are superior to f2ps because p2ps have more funding for better graphics and mechanics and better service and less bots/gold spammers/hackers while expecting that f2p games are gonna have rampant amounts of all of those

devilkingx - the best thing since ice cream(which was the best thing evar made evar)

• DawngreeterDawngreeter Member CommonPosts: 60

So... which one is better, Global Agenda or Dawn of War 2?

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

Originally posted by riceae02

Originally posted by sadeyx

Why on earth would I have to back up what I have clearly stated is my personal opinion?

Because your opinion will be based upon certain facts,  if those facts are revealed to be false then your opinion may also be false, you just dont know it.

its called presumption (coming to conclusions while not in possesion of all the facts) and ignorance (having no knowledge of certain facts)

Just because you have an opinion, doesnt mean its correct just because you label it as an 'opinion'

going back on topic:

I would like to play Black Prophecy before I form any opinions, and when I do play it I will make sure I am not ignorant of all the facts and that the facts I do know are correct and not a mis-understanding.

But experience does tell me that a grand new MMO compared to one that has been developed on and expanded for 7 years will struggle to retain my attention.

This is beginning to get comical.  Did you totally missed the part where it said an opinion is not founded on proof or certainty? Your telling me that my personal experience playing EvE, (the fun factor or lack there of for me) can somehow be validated or invalidated by you? That you decide whether my opinion is valid or not based on the numbers details(or facts as u call them)? But your missing just one thing; there are no hard and fast rules here, I could care less whether you think I need more facts or not I didn't know there was a set number.

My opinion that I don't like EvE is based on the fact that everytime I've played the game I did not ENJOY it, that is the fact I base my opinion on. And that is the defining factor is it not? Here is a fact for you, 99% of gamers  play games for enjoyment, what else would I have to base my opinion on other than my personal experience playing the game.

BTW ...  I'd like to see how you would prove the fact of my personal experience with EvE false ...that would be a neat trick.

I'm not even gonna go into ur use of "presumption" like I started out it's beginning to get comical. The only thing that I've discovered here is that Aryas was right : Never bait Eve Players LOL

HEHEHE !

I dont think i will be able to change your mind about what is an opinion but it is not what you think it is for sure. When you make your own opinion you have to base it on facts, otherwise how can you make your opinion ? Flip a coin? If you did flip a coin you opinion is worthless. SO WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW IS WHY DO YOU THINK EVE IS DULL IN YOU OPINION. Did the interface bugged you ? Did you not like the extreme death penality? Did you loose you ship and it pissed you off? EXPLAINT IT TO US.

Eve is dull is only a coin fliped to me.

Personnaly , I'd choose Eve, because i think the crafting system is unique, the world is so wide and i like the death penality because it reduce the Kakimaze factor. When you have such a price to pay for death people usually fleet fight instead of fighting to death, wich makes the game more realistic. The community is wonderfull and much more extended that the game itself. (Eve-Radio as exemple).  

• tron21369tron21369 Member Posts: 73

for me i go with black        i'll vote for the under dog of a game     it kinda remindes me of    earth & beyond  that game i loved so much     withh see how it goes with beta if i get in on this or    jump gate     till  old republic comes out   thats the one i wonna play   while some of us arew wating for guild wars 2 and so on : 0 add me as friend if you guys like   i like to have coneacts to shair and what not : )

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by sulthar

Why on earth would I have to back up what I have clearly stated is my personal opinion?
    Because your opinion will be based upon certain facts,  if those facts are revealed to be false then your opinion may also be false, you just dont know it.

its called presumption (coming to conclusions while not in possesion of all the facts) and ignorance (having no knowledge of certain facts)

Just because you have an opinion, doesnt mean its correct just because you label it as an 'opinion'

going back on topic:
    I would like to play Black Prophecy before I form any opinions, and when I do play it I will make sure I am not ignorant of all the facts and that the facts I do know are correct and not a mis-understanding.
    But experience does tell me that a grand new MMO compared to one that has been developed on and expanded for 7 years will struggle to retain my attention.

This is beginning to get comical.  Did you totally missed the part where it said an opinion is not founded on proof or certainty? Your telling me that my personal experience playing EvE, (the fun factor or lack there of for me) can somehow be validated or invalidated by you? That you decide whether my opinion is valid or not based on the numbers details(or facts as u call them)? But your missing just one thing; there are no hard and fast rules here, I could care less whether you think I need more facts or not I didn't know there was a set number.

My opinion that I don't like EvE is based on the fact that everytime I've played the game I did not ENJOY it, that is the fact I base my opinion on. And that is the defining factor is it not? Here is a fact for you, 99% of gamers  play games for enjoyment, what else would I have to base my opinion on other than my personal experience playing the game.

BTW ...  I'd like to see how you would prove the fact of my personal experience with EvE false ...that would be a neat trick.

I'm not even gonna go into ur use of "presumption" like I started out it's beginning to get comical. The only thing that I've discovered here is that Aryas was right : Never bait Eve Players LOL

HEHEHE !
    I dont think i will be able to change your mind about what is an opinion but it is not what you think it is for sure. When you make your own opinion you have to base it on facts, otherwise how can you make your opinion ? Flip a coin? If you did flip a coin you opinion is worthless. SO WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW IS WHY DO YOU THINK EVE IS DULL IN YOU OPINION. Did the interface bugged you ? Did you not like the extreme death penality? Did you loose you ship and it pissed you off? EXPLAINT IT TO US.

Personnaly , I'd choose Eve, because i think the crafting system is unique, the world is so wide and i like the death penality because it reduce the Kakimaze factor. When you have such a price to pay for death people usually fleet fight instead of fighting to death, wich makes the game more realistic. The community is wonderfull and much more extended that the game itself. (Eve-Radio as exemple).  

EVE is dull.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• dchippiedchippie Member UncommonPosts: 58

I'll give BP a go, but im hoping for all the bored assholes that play Eve to go and infest BP so i can be able to mine in my hulk and not get attacked or for my can to be taken :)

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by sulthar

going back on topic:

HEHEHE !

EVE is dull.

Its insanely boring but I really enjoyed it they really need to add ground combat and player avatars and such and it would literally be the one space game everyone has wanted for years.