Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my Laptop Ready?

SlausonSlauson Member Posts: 3

Well, Ive been stationed in Korea and before I left I decided to treat myself to an Alienware Laptop.

the Specs are:

2x Crossfire ATI Radeon 4870's

i7 Q720 @1.60 ghz (8 CPU's) <As seen on Dxdiag

and 4 gigs of high quality ram.

I know that laptop are less superior but how do you think this will fare against future mmo's including FFXIV

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Slauson

Well, Ive been stationed in Korea and before I left I decided to treat myself to an Alienware Laptop.

the Specs are:

i7 Q720 @1.60 ghz (8 CPU's)

I know that laptop are less superior but how do you think this will fare against future mmo's including FFXIV

ya you ll do great! just make sure to install it in program (not in the program files x86)

and if i recall the wisper: internet connection there are some of the best on the planet!check to see if your cpu,nic,mobo support direct cache access if it does i suggest you find the way to activate it!add an under fan gizmo (that plug in the wall (not usb)aside from that you should have lot of fun.if you really want to you can add more ram and ssd (hard drive)

but i dont think you ll need it!

are you using w7 64?if so you are all covered!first time i ear of 8 core laptop cpu tho

it probably is counting  hypertread thing also so i assume its a quad core!its a good proc .dont know what the req needed but it should be fine!

• AemiAemi Member Posts: 148

Originally posted by Slauson

the Specs are:

i7 Q720 @1.60 ghz (8 CPU's)

8 Threads, not 8 CPU's. There is a difference.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

it's an overkill i think even for FFXIV

but yeah, you;ll do fine!

i own an M11X as well, and im even planning to run FFXIV there and i believe it will run just super fine

So What Now?