Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Billing and CS problems by POL

vyvozvyvoz Member Posts: 24

i would really like to play this game when its released, but i can't help but keep remembering about the bad Customer Service, Double billing (never happened to me),  the year old bug on PC registration using 3D secure system (happened to me and lots others on many different forums).

just thought i share this and suggest keeping your options on other mmos when POL repeat some of our nightmares.

Comments

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

The won't be using POL again.  I always was 100% happy with customer service, and I started playing at launch.  Always got someone on the phone right away for within 5 -10 minutes who always fixed my problem.  I know it can't be like that for everyone, but it was great for me.

The 3d secure bullcrap makes me want to give up on their games for the simple fact it's taken me like 3 calls to them and 10 to the bank to try to straighten out what is wrong with their stupid system.  

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Originally posted by vyvoz

i would really like to play this game when its released, but i can't help but keep remembering about the bad Customer Service, Double billing (never happened to me),  the year old bug on PC registration using 3D secure system (happened to me and lots others on many different forums).

just thought i share this and suggest keeping your options on other mmos when POL repeat some of our nightmares.

They've already announced that they are not using Playonline for FFXIV, and that they are moving away from their previous payment model (the one that double charges) and replacing it with the more popular version that most other P2P games use.

• vyvozvyvoz Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

The won't be using POL again.  I always was 100% happy with customer service, and I started playing at launch.  Always got someone on the phone right away for within 5 -10 minutes who always fixed my problem.  I know it can't be like that for everyone, but it was great for me.

The 3d secure bullcrap makes me want to give up on their games for the simple fact it's taken me like 3 calls to them and 10 to the bank to try to straighten out what is wrong with their stupid system.  

well have to agree and fair at launch everything was smooth... cant say anything about the CS back then coz i havent got any problem that required me to contact POL CS...

apparently everything deteriorates so rapidly by the time i planned on coming back this year everything seems so messed up... i havent been able to register until now. I'm not going into details here, the problem posted basically everywhere.

good news for me and many others then if they won't be using POL anymore (keep in mind theres no guarantee the new provider will be better tho, i do hope they are).  BTW, mind posting the links to any news that says FFXIV won't be using POL??? might be helpful to many readers (including myself   image  ) 

oooppss double post

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

I sincerely hope their customer service changes. They are saying it will but I don't know, really need to see them actually do it first. Man have I heard some horror stories about the support given in and out of game.

As for POL, they are getting rid of it. The payment method is also going to be different.

I hope they will have an optional random number generator (authenticator) for security. :x

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Rajen

I sincerely hope their customer service changes. They are saying it will but I don't know, really need to see them actually do it first. Man have I heard some horror stories about the support given in and out of game.

They have actually said it will remain largely the same (words of Sage Sundi).

SE ain't good with that kinna stuff. However, it really doesn't matter much. If the game is solid, anything else isn't that important. You will most likely need to use the customer service like few times during your whole playing career (many years) so even if those times were bad, that's still only a tiny tiny fraction of the whole experience. 

However, on the forums it's always made a bigger deal than it is. Somebody tells a horror story about cs and people go like "oh my god that's so horrible" but in the end it will never happen to 99,99% of people playing. 

It's like being afraid of getting hit by a car while walking on the street. Possible, but not worth getting stressed about.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • nishikazenishikaze Member UncommonPosts: 16

I had always received great customer service from SE while play FFXI. The in game GM's where excellent and there reps through phone support are very knowledgeable.  I also was never billed twice. Or had any problems with using POL. POL was slow at times. I am very glad there not using it this time around.

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

Customer service was "okay" for me.  It took me a while to get through, but I actually rarely had a problem with POL or the billing system.  That is, until they changed to their new system that required some jumping through hoops with my bank.  But either way, I was never double-charged or had bad CS.  I just couldn't stand how crazily slow the POL interface was!  My computer is fast, my internet is fast, so shouldn't POL be fast? Haha.

• wolfingwolfing Member UncommonPosts: 149

Customer care is usually at the very bottom of my concerns when thinking of MMOs. I have played MMOs since 2000 (beta EQ1, and Muds before that), and can count with one hand the times I've needed it (with about 3 fingers free). Most of the times, a quick search in the official forums will give you the solution to your problem much faster than anything else (except billing problems I guess, but I've never had those)

in normal circumstances CS play a very small part in most MMO, i have to agree we'll probably use it once or even never at all... but in case of POL, lots of ppl can't register, the CS blamed the bank (the bank said nothing came their way thus nothing can be done about it), the CS responses was practically scripted, might as well just find answers in the FAQ and if you can't find any don't bother to contact them... some ppl had trouble getting a content ID for months now how do u explain that (me... i'm not that persistent), i recorded my recent purchase of FFXI ultimate edition as a loss... so long nostalgic moments... ill wait for FFXIV if they let me pay that is =p

btw my worst experience was when i played ragnarok online from beta and when they launched after few months the whole thing got hacked... i got rolled over twice within a week.... i just quit then... not even bothering with contactinc CS

so what i was meant to say is that  the game might be awesome but if the management system is awful... thats a big problem.

in case of POL basically they said to hell with me and many others "we don't want your money"

btw google on "UCS-60257" if any of you curious about what happened with POL CS.

so far EVE online got the best CS imho... they contacted me via email (not scripted) asked if anything they could offer for me to reactivate my acct... they even gave me 3 days trial for trying out new expansion... thats when i melted and got back to the game ( i was bored to death when i quit )