Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get some people into the Game? (Poll)

Comments

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

That account page is a royal PITA so if you can't get it working for yourself just post up here you can't get it to show the code.

One of us around this section will PM ya about it if we can get it working.

I know when I ORIGINALLY did it I had to refresh the page about a bazillion times.

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by GamerAeon

That account page is a royal PITA so if you can't get it working for yourself just post up here you can't get it to show the code.

One of us around this section will PM ya about it if we can get it working.

I know when I ORIGINALLY did it I had to refresh the page about a bazillion times.

Its a bit of a weird one - works everytime for me...  But yeah if anyones having a problem - happy to create an account for you - just pm me.

• Saam1Saam1 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by SweetZoid

TCOS character creation was lame,the characters look so ugly and not good graphics at all. The armor didnt have stats,that ruined it all for me but mostly the characters. The world is beatiful,skills and so is good.

Armors dont have stats indeed, but you can add sigils to armors and weapons. Sigils give more dmg output, resistance, defence, moving speed etc. You can also add sigils to skill itself making it better.

Personally i have about 50% to 70% dmg boost on 90% of skills at lvl50 and also some health boost sigils. Difference between "naked" char or geared one is huge.

I agree with ugly characters. I think that they go with the art tho. Some armors look very good and its good way to cover yourself.

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

some interesting news around acclaim and spellborn

http://www.massively.com/2010/05/19/playdom-acquires-acclaim-games/

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Thanks for the informative post =) I'm downloading it at the mo.

I loved it when I tried the European beta, but alas I couldn't continue playing due to not having a credit card etc.

• GuyWithWingsGuyWithWings Member Posts: 11

I was a old player of this game still love it i was here at launch till the end of 2009 sorta. I was in the oldest guild in the the Forsaken Prophets only with more ppl and less lagg this game should be playable for alot of people but now it just isnt.

Now time to promote our old guild channel :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForsakenProphets

• shyguy101shyguy101 Member Posts: 37

I want to thank you paulrgod for providing good download links. It's a real pain in the ass trying to find the most up to date patch and not being able to use the patcher! Thank you again paulrgod I hope this game is a good fit for me.

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Very excited to try out this game... patching it atm hope my Win 7 will work

PS: I created this account just so i could vote and comment and keep the thread alive! CYA in PvP server! Ill be probably called Zeos

Darn it... Ok i followed all the steps for deleting gameguard folder and gameguard.des and then i dragged the new gameguard.des into client folder but i get an error 150 and the gameguard folder replaces itself after every launch image can anyone help?

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Hi there - i'm not 100% sure the accuracy of this as i have never experienced the gameguard error but this is what i think you need to do.

• Delete the Gameguard Folder

• Create a New Gameguard folder in the same place

• Stick the new Gameguard.des file into this folder

Now start the game and it should then patch up successfully.

I tried that and I get error 153 it says my gameguard is corrupted and I need to intall a new one. Does this have to with me downloading your first download and not the torrent? I did download torrent but just the gameguard fix from there.

It's one problem after another... now it won't update itself and after a minute I get 380 error

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

I really enjoyed the game.

But now playing with TcoS is pointless.

Why?

Cuz it's in redevelopment state.

- No lvl cap.

- There will be wipe.

• TerrorBiceTerrorBice Member Posts: 1

Hello!

I'm currently downloading this game, looks neat. I've randomly played other MMOs but I tend to get bored after a while, mostly due to the combat mechanics of tabbing and hitting keys.. Imma join the PVP server and start playing asap (although I've got finals tomorrow).

Hope to see ya around!

• NatzratNatzrat Member Posts: 19

I wanted to give this game a shot a few months ago but I read somewhere that it was going to be relaunched so I decided to wait. Any news on an upcoming relaunch?

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I've never played in live ... but i did play for 1.5 years in the beta ...

Eventhough i loved the art, music and atmosphere .... the game just didnt cut it for me.

Now that it's acclaim it has to freeze in hell before i play again :)

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Draftbeer

I really enjoyed the game.

But now playing with TcoS is pointless.

Why?

Cuz it's in redevelopment state.

- No lvl cap.

- There will be wipe.

last statement was that there won't be any wipe

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• GuyWithWingsGuyWithWings Member Posts: 11

Btw PaulRGod aka Atomo remember me shardholder the guy that was with you in the beginning of this game Was a runemage lvl 17 on there but then moved to PvE server to join the oldest guild around called Forsaken Prophets.

If so I would like to say hi. :P

• DosskaDosska Member Posts: 53

I played Spellborn from launch and subscribed for a month. I might have played open beta too? Can't remember if they had one. I really liked it: the combat system, the graphics, the lore, the new ideas they were using.  But then the announcement that Acclaim was taking over and it would be FTP.  I don't do item malls, so I quit.  Just my preference.  If they announced they were gonna keep it subscription I would probly play again, at least once they started developing it again.

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

Lol, if you take a closer look at the post, no one has marked the option that makes them look like a half retarded ape, such as, the combat system is too complex, no arrows pointing to where you need to go and this game is too different. That is some good shit.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

But for the ppl that did, you are my heroes. It takes great balls to admit such things.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Why would folks leave there games to try a game that may receive a character wipe? I think you may have been premature on trying to drum up players.

I have tried downloading the game a couple of times and received virus alerts and errors...so I gave up. But, I am willing to give it another go if it becomes fully supported and the download issues are fixed.

I admire your desire to draw people in. We need more passionate folks to pitch MMO's.

/tiphat

• EziomEziom Member Posts: 7

Played in the open beta for EU, was pretty sweet, but when I got my new comp, I didn't feel like trying it again because of gameguard... Is it as annoying as it sometimes tends to be, or is it working fine? And how's the servers? Still splitted EU/US, or have they merged?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but reading through 18 pages is just too much.. =/

Edit: Seems only acclaim is hosting it now?  Then how do I make an account? Even the acclaim site is down.. image

Edit 2: ah, nvm, seems to be up now.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Why would folks leave there games to try a game that may receive a character wipe? I think you may have been premature on trying to drum up players.

There will be minor changes. Combat, gear, xp and leveling even quests.

You are living in a dream if u think they won't wipe the whole char database after the

redevelopment phase.

I have played the game when it was p2p and really liked it. Was great fun.

I'm just telling the obvious.

to Czelsior

Where is this statement?