Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get to gateway to Khitai?

If you play as a different race how to do i go to this starting hub rather than my own after Tortaga?

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Khemi in Stygia. When you launch AoC it says right on the launcher in yellow text. "How to get to Khitai. Has more information there.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

incorrect, when you play a different race you still have to play in tortage to 20, there is no new area, thenew area is 20-40 content and 80 plus.. But the new are is in khemi once your the level you need to be to go there...

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Yep you have to make a Khitan character, get through tortage and then go to Khemi. In Khemi go down to the docks and either take the local travel or swim across the water to the other shore. You should be able once you are in the water to see the marker on the map iirc. I think you have to be level 20 to go for free to Khitai. I ran a new toon thru and got there at lvl 19 and I didn't have the free escourt option. I did a couple quests in Cimmeria but got to 21 before going back to Khemi and then I could go free.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I went to Gateway on my Khitan character at level 19. After beating Strom it will send you there automatically. If you have any other race then you have to go to Khemi first as everyone else has said.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

oh damn. I didn't make my new alt Khitan did I? This all makes sense now, didn't think she looked too Chinese. Had too much blood in my caffeine system at the time I suppose.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Since my newbie Tempest of Set is leveling in Gateway to Khitai, you can definitely get there as a different race. There is a Caravarn Master npc across the water in Khemi. You will see a Local Travel npc in Khemi on a Dock, you do not have to pay him to cross the water thou. You can swim from one Local travel npc to the other (or just pay him 75 coppers for a quick trip). 

Once in the new area, you can join the Caravan as a rider or as a guard. I think the guard missions are fun. The guard missions are scaled to your level. The quests in Gateway to Khitai give out much better lower level loot but are slightly more difficult.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Thanks for the info i am Cimmerian so once i leave Tortaga how do i get to Stygia to talk to the npc, do i finish my return to homeland quest first?

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

You'll be sent to Conarch Village. From there you can talk to a pathfinder to Khemi.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Darkheart00

Thanks for the info i am Cimmerian so once i leave Tortaga how do i get to Stygia to talk to the npc, do i finish my return to homeland quest first?

Once you get done in Tortage, you will get sent to Cimmeria. Once in Cimmeria, pick up your destiny quest and then talk to the Wagoneer. He can take you to Aquilona. In the big Aquilonan city (Old Tarantia) go down to the Harbor. There is a Stygian captain that can take you to Stygia. In Stygia (Khemi), you start on the far side from the Local Travel npc. Find the Local Travel npc and he will take you to the Caravan Master (unless you just want to swim across). The Caravan Master takes you to Khitai. You are traveling quite a long distance. 

The music in Conal's Valley (the Cimmerian level 20 quest zone) is pretty impressive. You may want to hear it before embarking to Khitai thou. 

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Thanks once i picked the delivery quest it was whole lot easiar to find my way to Khitai.

• jlink66jlink66 Member Posts: 1

how do you leave khitai?

• simmeron3simmeron3 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Use your path af Asura (sp?).