Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play a game like this?

EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Imagine something like Diablo2, not restricted to 8 players per game, one endless gameworld for all its players. Increased content per ACT ( for those of you who have played diablo2 you'll know what i mean). PVP via flagging yourself hostile meaning you're looking for a fight. PVP deaths leading to consequential ( but not too heavy penalties) ie. dropping a % of currency when you are defeated. Pay 2 play ( maybe not as much as the usual 19 bucks per month, this could be adjusted according to the developing company), non gift shop ( cause you know that if you're serious about a game, and the way gift shops are implemented currently, you end up spending more cash per month on gift shop than pay2play); as well as... pay2play ensures more of a working GM staff to handle hacks/hackers etc.

Just food for thought heh... this did cross my mind several times thru the years... after playing 5 years of WoW ( not exactly proud of it) and looking for a decent replacement. Share your opinions, thanks:)

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

Comments

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Originally posted by Emoqqboy

Imagine something like Diablo2, not restricted to 8 players per game, one endless gameworld for all its players. Increased content per ACT ( for those of you who have played diablo2 you'll know what i mean). PVP via flagging yourself hostile meaning you're looking for a fight. PVP deaths leading to consequential ( but not too heavy penalties) ie. dropping a % of currency when you are defeated. Pay 2 play ( maybe not as much as the usual 19 bucks per month, this could be adjusted according to the developing company), non gift shop ( cause you know that if you're serious about a game, and the way gift shops are implemented currently, you end up spending more cash per month on gift shop than pay2play); as well as... pay2play ensures more of a working GM staff to handle hacks/hackers etc.

Just food for thought heh... this did cross my mind several times thru the years... after playing 5 years of WoW ( not exactly proud of it) and looking for a decent replacement. Share your opinions, thanks:)

Flagging is pointless. 

I'd rather see an RvR version with ability to take over territory. 

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Reason i thought about flagging is so it'd appeal to a wider variety of players, thus having a more populated community heh.

Hardcore pvpers can flag themselves all day long to get fights. More casuals and pve orientated players would keep themselves non-flagged since they're not desperate for a bloodbath:)

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Originally posted by Emoqqboy

Flagging is pointless. 

I'd rather see an RvR version with ability to take over territory. 

This^

Also PQs that last longer at higher levels rather than just the same ol same ol

• menasuremenasure Member Posts: 75

well the hard-core players do tend to scare casual and more pve-oriented players away after a while if there's no form of safety like flagging involved, on the other hand one should not be able to abuse this safety therefore there would have to be for example time restrictions to turn this on and off to avoid too many 'cowardly hit and run tactics' because that would annoy players even more than all out pvp.

imho there's only one way to make pvp interesting anyway: it has to be player skill based rather than an automated character process but it's easier said than done to develop something like that while keeping enough players interested.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

8 players a game and p2p? haha get away from me.

• ZhangC1459ZhangC1459 Member Posts: 1

This sounds like EVE Online.  You've got voluntary PvP (suicide ganks notwithstanding), a single-shard universe for all the players at once, expansions for free, you can take sovreignty and hold territory in space, there's no "acts" per se, but it's completely sandbox.