Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get some people into the Game? (Poll)

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Hmm wait a minute are there just the two servers , or are there Euro and N.A servers , i only see the 2 listed and they say international , but i read something about Euro servers ...or Euro client???

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

there are only international servers...dorzhan and deiquonril

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

ok thx for the reply ........Im in then created on the PvP server learnin the ropes , fun so far ....Is therea guild formed already?

• Saam1Saam1 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Nice post Atomo. Im also surprised how popular this thread is.

I was thinking somekind pvp activity. An example there could be meeting in Mosh pit everyday at 7pm gmt+2 (just random time, maybe we can find out better time for everyone).

That could bring some old players back and also keep new ones playing when there is actually ppl to meet and talk.

• NyisiaNyisia Member Posts: 1

I just downloaded and played TCoS. It seems to be a fun game and the battle system isn't to hard to get used to as a noob. I'm sure later on in levels (I've only reached lvl 4 so far) it will be more complicated (as it should be). I was alittle disappointed on the graphics quality though. I will admit that I'm spoiled by the graphics on GW and Aion (my two most recent MMO's). Overall (so far) I would recomend this game to my friends. It's combat system actually makes you think and although the graphics look alittle clunky, the music is quite nice to listen to.

So...my ratings at noob level:

Unique battle concept: 10/10

Graphics: 7/10

Music: 9/10

It's rather interesting that the armor and weapons are really just for looks. I'm guessing that the upgrading is in the skills? Also, it was not as dead while I was playing as I thought it would be by reading all of the complaints about low population. There were atleast 10 people in the noobie zone that were talking and carrying on conversations. I'll keep this one on the comp for when I'm bored, but the search for a game continues. Thanks Paul for the info on how to download the game and for bringing so many more people the information they need to make an informed choice! image

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

hm i think i saw you in the zone chat if you can remember Kaiyn ;)

i hope you will go on playing this great game.

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the main issue against it was problem installing but i think some here have a working full install if i remember or is it still splitted in two!anyway remember this title as not seen any dev since it was put there .so i say it does pretty solid for

a game this isnt seeing anybody but gamer!

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122

Hi,

Is it only me or Acclaim resgister page has some problems with the confim text? There was no pic for me to enter those text at both http://spellborn.acclaim.com/register.html and http://www.acclaim.com/register.html. I tried last night and my browsers (FF and Chrome) stuck after I click register button and now it doesn't even have the confirm text. God, I want to try this Spellborn soooo much 

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by lufiaz

Hi,

Is it only me or Acclaim resgister page has some problems with the confim text? There was no pic for me to enter those text at both http://spellborn.acclaim.com/register.html and http://www.acclaim.com/register.html. I tried last night and my browsers (FF and Chrome) stuck after I click register button and now it doesn't even have the confirm text. God, I want to try this Spellborn soooo much 

Just tried at http://spellborn.acclaim.com/register.html using Firefox Seeoms ok to me :-

• BibsalaBibsala Member Posts: 2

Hey there,

I'm a little confused after reading a bunch of info on this site and on the site of acclaim. Now what version of the game will I need, US or EU? I've two links with this weeks date, one US installation and one EU installation, but which one do I need? :P

Thanks for the help

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

#1 You need to use the version that's Torrented as it's Intl

#2 Make sure your Browser is up to date...

#3 I'm still seeding the Client package for those who need to download it, it also contains the WIn7 GG Fix

Originally posted by Nyisia

I just downloaded and played TCoS. It seems to be a fun game and the battle system isn't to hard to get used to as a noob. I'm sure later on in levels (I've only reached lvl 4 so far) it will be more complicated (as it should be). I was alittle disappointed on the graphics quality though. I will admit that I'm spoiled by the graphics on GW and Aion (my two most recent MMO's). Overall (so far) I would recomend this game to my friends. It's combat system actually makes you think and although the graphics look alittle clunky, the music is quite nice to listen to.

So...my ratings at noob level:

Unique battle concept: 10/10

Graphics: 7/10

Music: 9/10

It's rather interesting that the armor and weapons are really just for looks. I'm guessing that the upgrading is in the skills? Also, it was not as dead while I was playing as I thought it would be by reading all of the complaints about low population. There were atleast 10 people in the noobie zone that were talking and carrying on conversations. I'll keep this one on the comp for when I'm bored, but the search for a game continues. Thanks Paul for the info on how to download the game and for bringing so many more people the information they need to make an informed choice! image

Well the Sigils you will get are what's important for everything from Armor to Weapons as Weaponry is pretty much just for looks as well.

• BibsalaBibsala Member Posts: 2

Just to get some clarity, what actually happened and which servers are up and running now? The ones of Frogster of the ones of Acclaim? I see a lot of mess but can't get a real clue of what happened.. Used to play at release and decided to give it another go. :)

• CoolPeteCoolPete Member Posts: 11

So I gave it another chance. I have been playing for few hours, its fun, graphic is cool, but I've met only a few players so far. Maybe its because Iam from Europe. Its a shame when you come to a big city and its empty.

• fobarfobar Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by CoolPete

So I gave it another chance. I have been playing for few hours, its fun, graphic is cool, but I've met only a few players so far. Maybe its because Iam from Europe. Its a shame when you come to a big city and its empty.

Population is admittedly low but we have seen an increase the last few days, especially 19:00 and later GMT. I would like to encourage everyone to spread the word about tcos to other sites and forums to get even more players.

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

I tried TcoS with 5 others.

We all quit for 2 main reasons...

1: the game is too unclear, and grouping seems to be penalized (we had far less xp from killing in a group than solo).

Reading isn't the problem. It says, go to place xxxxx.... how the hell is someone who doesnt have a complete map supposed to know where that xxxxx is? So we do it in a group... unable to share quests so to get the quest people have to run back to town and find it.

2: The pvp was retarded. Hopefully that has been fixed now, but while trying out the game, 2 lvl 7s weren't able to generate enough dps vs a lvl 9 healer. If pvp vs 2 lvls higher is not possible, how do you expect people who like pvp to play a game if all they can fight is their lvl and lower where the lower levels don't even pose a minor threat.

No matter how good it may be now, everyone i used to play with are playing MW2 waiting on FFXIV, so its pointless to give this another try.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

if you tried it when it first came out you should give it at least One last shot you never know

I gave it another shot and I like it now

Great to see some people having a go and enjoying it.

This thread seems to have had a positive impact and there's been loads of new people running around Hawksmouth docks!

• menasuremenasure Member Posts: 75

well there's no security code visible for me when i try to register, i tried Firefox, Opera and Internet explorer ... unexpectedly it's Internet explorer giving the 'most' result: a white square, the others don't even give that square ....

so much for hours of downloading and patching ... i was looking forward to try out one of the only truely free games (the closest thing to a 'free game' is a 'free to pay' game lol), it's equally rare to find a game with principles which actually require some skill from a player instead of automated grind actions.

anyway  with no active support on the side that counts i won't even be able to try to play :(

Originally posted by menasure

well there's no security code visible for me when i try to register, i tried Firefox, Opera and Internet explorer ... unexpectedly it's Internet explorer giving the 'most' result: a white square, the others don't even give that square ....

so much for hours of downloading and patching ... i was looking forward to try out one of the only truely free games (lol) but  with no active support on the side that counts i won't even be able to try to play :(

I've no idea why you can't get the code to display - really odd...

If you'd like i could make an account for you?  Pm me with details if you want me to.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I used to play this game, actually. Really enjoyed it at the time, even though it was very unfinished. It was unique in so many ways, and I loved the style of the art work.

I had no problem PAYING for it at the time either. But I don't do F2P games.....going that route lost me as a customer, sorry.

Kinda sad, really. TCoS had SO much potential.

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122

Originally posted by paulrgod

so much for hours of downloading and patching ... i was looking forward to try out one of the only truely free games (lol) but  with no active support on the side that counts i won't even be able to try to play :(

If you'd like i could make an account for you?  Pm me with details if you want me to.

I'm having the same problem with menasure (I'm using Chrome, FF and IE). I even asked my friends to try and they all failed. If it's possible, please create an account for me as well, Paul. Already sent you a PM with my account detail. Thank you !!

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

TCOS character creation was lame,the characters look so ugly and not good graphics at all. The armor didnt have stats,that ruined it all for me but mostly the characters. The world is beatiful,skills and so is good.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by SweetZoid

TCOS character creation was lame,the characters look so ugly and not good graphics at all. The armor didnt have stats,that ruined it all for me but mostly the characters. The world is beatiful,skills and so is good.

I never understood how a plastic fork did the same damage as a huge axe.

• LtJohnnyRicoLtJohnnyRico Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by SweetZoid

I think you give too much credit to the world. The world is ugly and dreary to me. The whole feel of the game was something like, "We hope you cut your wrists after playing."

Originally posted by lufiaz

Originally posted by paulrgod

I'm having the same problem with menasure (I'm using Chrome, FF and IE). I even asked my friends to try and they all failed. If it's possible, please create an account for me as well, Paul. Already sent you a PM with my account detail. Thank you !!

Account created mate - pm'd you.