Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple question regarding getting the best deal coming back.

ShienShien Member Posts: 26

I played EQ II for about a year and half back in 2006, since then I played couple other MMORPG but none really pull me back the way EQ II did so I'm in process of doing my homework and find out the best deal and way to either activate my old account or start new, I'll be playing with a friend of mine. I have couple questions I need some help to weight in my decision.

My friend and I used to be on Mistmoor server, I have an lvl 70 Druid and he has an lvl56 Guardian.

1)  We normally get online around 8:00 pst, is Mistmoor a good server to be on or should I try other more populated servers?

2)  Is there any additional fee attach to moving to a more populated server?

3)  Should we start fresh or just activate the old accounts?  I have no problem start from scratch if the incentive is good enough, so far I know of 30 day for new account   vs   14 day free trial (I’m assuming it’s for old accounts).

4) Any good deals or coupon we can utilize or Gamestop's $29.99 retail / $39.99 download (with $10 station store credit) are the way to go? I'm leaning towards the retail version since it's the same price plus I get the CDs and don't have to bother with downloads...?

5) Anyway I can utilized the buddy key / refer (I'm not familiar with those programs) with the two accounts we about to reactive / register?  I'm thinking maybe one of us can sign up first and have the second account use buddy key etc to have all the possible bonus.

Thanks!

Comments

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

1, I would start at Mistmoore relearn the ropes look around level a bit and see how you like it. Check out the official Mistmoore server forums too.

2. yes it costs extra, you can buy server transfer tokens in game, at the station store (EQ2 button).

3, I would reactivate your old account and see how you like it, Mistmoore is a medium pop server but you should be able to find groups and a guild on those toons. You can always reroll on another server if you like it, you will have veteran rewards on both accounts and that will help (xp potions and sunch)

4, None that I know of.

5. You can not use any buddy keys, or recruit a friend invitations on old accounts.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• ShienShien Member Posts: 26

What's the best deal as far as getting SF expansion, should I get the retail version, collector edition or dl from station, gamestop?

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

As far as bang for the bucks, the general thought seems to be that the last collectors version was not worth it, the regular boxed version on sale (if you find it on sale)  is probably the best deal, just look for the lowest price and do not forget about the downoad sales like Steam and SOEs own store. But if both of you have Ruins of Kunark you can just reactivate your accounts  and look for the expansion to go on sale either locally or online.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch