Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about pvp Server

shawn_selfshawn_self Member Posts: 45

Ok now I heard there are now pvp servers in the game and I was wondering if anyone knew whar server the guild,linkshell or whatever Dark Trinity is on because I want to join it. Also do I have to get a certain expansion to get pvp. Thanks!

image<My friend/>Meimage

Come with me to hell.

Comments

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

The only PvP in this game is if you do a quest for an event called ballista.  There is no open PvP in FFXI, you must be thinking of something else. 

Ballista is an event that takes place in certain areas (you have to check the ballista schedule in town) and there are level caps for all but one.  You can participate in level caps ranging from 30 to uncapped.  The way it works is you can either ride out to the Ballista area and wait or (if you have the special item) you can port out there.  The good part to the version of this "PvP" in FFXI is if you die you don't lose any exp or items or anything.  Also if you win you get a nominal amount of money for a prize.  Now for the bad news, you can only do ballista certain times of the day (when it's scheduled) and usually you have to wait hours to qualify for one unless you keep several sets of gear for your job.  Then if you DO in fact qualify and get your butt out there you have to sit and hope 5 other people show up because you need 2 teams of 3.  Furthermore you have to hope that a decent variety of jobs shows up for each team.  ie: teams like San d' oria might have RNG RNG WHM PLD and Bastok may have MNK SMN PLD (which would be an ass whoopin) 

In short PvP (ballista) was really an afterthought in FFXI and it really needs to be tweaked to be fun.  Maybe make NPC's that could stand in for missing people or jobs.  I dunno, they HAVE to do something because as it is now it's pretty weak.  That's just my take on it, ask other people and draw your own conclusions though. image