Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aimed combat

starfoxx31starfoxx31 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Im looking for games with combat like that of The elderscrolls games, (Darkfall, MO) Games like those. Anyone know of any that arent the ones mentioned?

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Well other than Mortal Online and DarkFall, Chronicles Of Spellborn comes to mind. There's also upcoming games such as TERA, Vindictus and Dragon Nest featuring aimed combat.

Also, if you like Sci-Fi, there's always Ace Online.

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67

GLOBAL AGENDA

get it..

play it..

never look back...

• gnomechefgnomechef Member Posts: 49

Sadly there aren't many games like that around these days, but these are some i can remember off the top of my head.

-The Chronicles of Spellborn

-Fantasy Earth Zero

-Dungeons and Dragons Online

There are probably more then those somewhere but i can't think of any more MMO's with aimed combat at the moment.

• chaoster89chaoster89 Member Posts: 56

Im sorry but global agenda is most likely the worst mmorpg ever its so bad it makes age of conan look like WoW i still have nightmares about playing it for 30min

Originally posted by chaoster89

Im sorry but global agenda is most likely the worst mmorpg ever its so bad it makes age of conan look like WoW i still have nightmares about playing it for 30min

lol yeah you played it for 30 minutes, so you totally have an idea what you're talking about, my bad

/sarcasm

• csheadsh0tcsheadsh0t Member Posts: 77

Global agenda has FPS, Equipment, Skills, Classes.... kinda sounds like an MMO !!! wHAHAHAHA

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by csheadsh0t

Global agenda has FPS, Equipment, Skills, Classes.... kinda sounds like an MMO !!! wHAHAHAHA

But still lacks the world. I thought it was alright, but for what it is I'd much rather play CoD, BF, or Halo.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

it isn't a fps, the equipment was all for looks last i played it, most shooter games do have classes, most shooter games have skills for custom builds.. kinda sounds like a 3rd person shooter with a virtual lobby, there isn't anything massive about the game either, just sayin

the equipment is most certainly NOT just for looks, and the next patch adds ever more variety.

I dont know of many shooter games where you have builds / specs and a persistent character with an inventory, etc.

and if you dont think its massive, its because you are stuck in a very NARROW idea of what an MMO is.

do you know about the conquest zones? Huge persistent maps, where agencies vie for control of resources to build mechs and vehicles and bombs for battles? or to build bases? with battles raging across multiple zones? 

its more like an MMOTPSRPGRTS (MMO Third Person Shooter Role Playing Real Time Strategy Game)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

do you mean you got to actually aim you attack?if it is the case i believe the chronicle of spellborn is just the title for you!

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

So does Call of Duty.  

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

and if you dont think its massive, its because you are stuck in a very NARROW idea of what an MMO is.

do you know about the conquest zones? Huge persistent maps, where agencies vie for control of resources to build mechs and vehicles and bombs for battles? or to build bases? with battles raging across multiple zones? 

Trying to sell Global Agenda as a MMO is like trying to sell a Fiero with a Lamborghini body kit while still calling it a Lamborghini..   

Global Agenda is a shooter with MMO elements.  You can recommend it to a person exactly as it is, and maybe they'll like it.  But trying to pawn it off as a MMO is irresponsible and likely to end up with a person wasting money on a game that have no interest in.  

You describe it as a massive persistent game with resource control, production, base building, and massive battles.  In reality its a checkerboard with small instanced maps which focus on small squad PvP.  

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by suizendo

GLOBAL AGENDA

get it..

play it..

never look back...

Its far more fun to play Tribes 2 that was doing what Global Agenda trying to achieve years ago without trying to call itself a MMO just because it has a in game lobby areas for players to meet before very small battles.  Global Agenda is for the born in the early 1990's generation of gamers who are first  console gamers before a Pc gamers.  Not long time FPS pc gamer will play GA for very long before they return to CS, BF or Planetside.