Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone reset my passwords and reactivated my account with the 10 day free trial...

Has this happened to anyone else?  I got 2 emails of someone reseting my password and then go an email saying my character was being transferred...  I logged into my account and it said someone had activated a 10 day free trial...

I am not going to play the game again, but I am just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them...

Comments

• icedutahicedutah Member UncommonPosts: 67

Happened to my old unsubscribed also yesterday. Odd.

• nclownclow Member Posts: 28

Yes. Exactly the same thing has happened to me and apparently to many others. I contacted billing and they helped me change the passwords on the account. The CC information had been changed to data that was bogus or stolen and the 10 day trial had been activated. I logged in, and it seemed all money and some of the items were missing from my characters.

The representative would not help me restore the account on the phone nor was he able to confirm what was missing, though he did tell me dates of the logins. I had to go through the atrocious ticketing/email help system. This meant that to get help I had to log in (luckily I still had the client installed), and file a ticket. This resulted in no actual communication about the matter. Instead each ticket resulted in me promptly getting an email asking if I still needed help and inviting me to log in and file another ticket. EA never actually handled my issue.

Eventually, my 10-day trial ran out and I couldn't file tickets anymore. EA insisted that an in-game ticket is the only way to contact their support, but their support never helped me one bit. The only communication I got was that they don't do account restorations. But in the next sentence they contradicted themselves and said that if I could say what was missing, they'd restore it. I already had said what was missing, in every ticket.

I was planning on reactivating my account for the new city siege changes, but thanks to this experience I won't bother. 0/10 for support, and 1 lost customer.