Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get some people into the Game? (Poll)

Comments

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by drbaltazar

by the way i sent the file gameguard asked so they could fix the issue.their response(this game no longer use our service please contact the gamresponsabible since we know acclaim put it there only because its their way of shelfing it instead of putting it on a real shelf there is not to correct the gameguar issue aside from the post made in their forum.i ll try that later see if it works!no hellp on accaim end and no help on gameguard end!we are on our own on this one!

Thanks for your efforts there with Gameguard mate.  Do the fix's posted elsewhere not work?

I have Windows Vista so am unable to test any of the gameguard issues out.

Has anyone using Windows 7 managed to get the game working?

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Originally posted by paulrgod

Originally posted by nyxium

Topic title made me laugh, sorry.

Thanks for the useful contribution...

In all fairness it could have been crueller. I feel sorry for the game, but if people aren't playing... pleading isn't such a great incentive. The smell of weakness makes for a twitchy nose to avoid.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

sorry didnt test it yet woke up not long ago!i ll  have test it in about an hour!(w7 64)

• fobarfobar Member UncommonPosts: 7

Nice to see some renewed interest in this awesome game.  The only con to this game is the low population and that's something we're trying to remedy right here :D

I have taken the liberty of making a torrent of the game client and the gameguard fix for Windows 7. Hopefully we'll have a bunch of seeders before long making the availability of the game better.

good call since its such a nightmare to find info all in one place.

does you copy you linked include a working gameguard in it ,i ask because if mine doesnt work i ll use yours!

ben trying a bit now but so far i get blocked with a gameguard error 0 .in the process of doing one more test inabout 15 min as soon as its done doing its thing!

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

I have all mine set up but if I can assist in the download process for other Win7 users I'm downloading now to seed :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I downloaded the game once, didn't really get too far in the starter zone.  I do recall a couple of folks running up and trying to beat on me (to no effect) which I had no idea why until I read the OP.

Maybe that was it, lack of preparation on my part led to not really understanding what was going on so it didn't catch my interest.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fobarfobar Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by drbaltazar

... does you copy you linked include a working gameguard in it ,i ask because if mine doesnt work i ll use yours! ...

It includes a zipfile with "GameGuard.des" in it. All you need to do is to copy this file and overwrite the existing one in your gamefolder. For example, I would copy the file to C:GamesThe Chronicles of SpellborninclientGameGuard since that is where I have my game installed.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by fobar

Nice to see some renewed interest in this awesome game.  The only con to this game is the low population and that's something we're trying to remedy right here :D

I have taken the liberty of making a torrent of the game client and the gameguard fix for Windows 7. Hopefully we'll have a bunch of seeders before long making the availability of the game better.

Thanks for the torrent mate - much appreciated - i'll add the link to my OP in a sec.

Ok Link added to OP.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

first off all thanks to the op to remind me that spellborn is a great game. i was playing on the eu server until the shutdown (shame on you frogster).

i had some probs with the the download. the  acclaim donwloader stinks. after the first part i allways get a permission error (very unprofessional). 

thanks to the op again for the working download link.

just  for info:

i'm using multiple os'es (xp, vista, w7, need them all do do my job correct)  

my first install was on xp 32 -> total mess.

after closing spellborn the hole system is fucked up everytime until a proper restart of xp (i suppose its a gameguard bs).

however i don't recognize the same probs on my vista 64.

you can't expect more people to find the way to spellborn with this unnecessary hurdles (just my 2 cents).

my questions as a old eu player:

will there be another regional seperation after the relaunch (i don't hope so)?

wich server is more populatet at eu playtimes?

is the game more solo friendly after the first few playfields?

i like grouping but it is essential in game with low pop. i don't rember the name of the shard (ringfell?) and the lvl (i think it was over 20 maybe around 30) where it was almost impossible to solo.

thanks for your time and cu in spellborn

• AfrodoAfrodo Member Posts: 27

I played this game awhile back , and truly enjoyed it very much. Art style was unique. The scrolling deck was some what revolutionary for mmorpg's in my opinion. rich enviroment..neat class's (Archtypes). When i played it , it was very low populated.

That was a major downfall for me. even then i didnt let it stop me from playing it untill i got to a point  to where i had quest i couldnt get done because well.......i needed help  and nobody was around!I remeber one night i played for over 3 hrs and didnt see a single person in game. ive been waiting for the revamp of this game. I feel if it had another breath of life people would give it a try or a second chance. its truly a shame watching this game die. out of all the mmorpg games that come out month after month. this one was truly unique and not a clone of another game.

I am re-dwnloading it as we speak and will be back on the pve server. Im glad to see some people trying to bring back players to the game. and hope to see new players in game. i honestly am a bit wrried that frogster will do nothing with the game. They had plenty of time to revamp it and still not a lick of news on it. ther focusing all there time on ROM and it shows. ROM has been out only about a year and already has 2 xpansions and mass success. I feel only when ROM starts to die will they do anything to this game , and its a shame because this game is so much better than ROM on so many levels.

I also feel if we can bring the population back it will open a few eyes to frogster or Akklaim , and that might help speed up the process. If it was me and i noticed a game growing  more popular and needed a backer i would jump in but thats just me.

Im no TCOS fanboi nor a hater im just a guy who thought the game deserved to be apprecited better than what it was.

Paul i appreciate your effort here and  has given me a second go at the game. Can i have your ingame name so if run across somthing i cant solo and nobody is around you can help me out? If i had help on group stuff i would be inclined to stick around and not quit again if you know what i mean. To everybody else who might be a lil intrested in the game give it a shot it is actually one of the betterr f2p games out there and downfall is lack of population which can be fixed with your help..SO PLEASE GIVE IT A SHOT IF YOUR INTRESTED AT all!!

Originally posted by krakken

first off all thanks to the op to remind me that spellborn is a great game. i was playing on the eu server until the shutdown (shame on you frogster).

i had some probs with the the download. the  acclaim donwloader stinks. after the first part i allways get a permission error (very unprofessional). 

thanks to the op again for the working download link.

just  for info:

i'm using multiple os'es (xp, vista, w7, need them all do do my job correct)  

my first install was on xp 32 -> total mess.

after closing spellborn the hole system is fucked up everytime until a proper restart of xp (i suppose its a gameguard bs).

however i don't recognize the same probs on my vista 64.

you can't expect more people to find the way to spellborn with this unnecessary hurdles (just my 2 cents).

my questions as a old eu player:

will there be another regional seperation after the relaunch (i don't hope so)?

wich server is more populatet at eu playtimes?

is the game more solo friendly after the first few playfields?

i like grouping but it is essential in game with low pop. i don't rember the name of the shard (ringfell?) and the lvl (i think it was over 20 maybe around 30) where it was almost impossible to solo.

thanks for your time and cu in spellborn

Hey mate - no probs - glad you managed to get a working install.  I know the hurdles to even get into the game are tough and for some even proving impossible :/  It is worth the effort though.  And at least the links provided here are somewhat working for some.  So to your questions :-

• No-body knows about any possible regional seperation at the moment - my guess would be that it would be highly unlikely this would happen... again.

• I'm not too sure about most populated server - i play on Deiqonril the PVP server - there were actually a few people running around Hawksmouth last night which was nice to see.

• The game isn't really party dependant - it does help for certain quests and such, but if your careful and of course depending on your skill you could get by on your own for some time.

• Yes Ringfell is the 2nd shard you'll visit at around lvl 16 - it is a very tough area at that level but eventually you'll find things easier, once you get to know your way around.

Thanks for the post and see you there :)

ya gameguard doesnt have my love,as for eu version beatsme but frogster is next in line (as soon as acclaim one finish)

so you can be sure something will happen since they are 2 completetly diff company i ear player have the new version in asia the real f2p one but i couldnt find it .

as far as this game goes i tried again this morn and it didnt work eiter so screw this to complex for the average user!

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

People really should give this game a try, they have nothing to lose besides some downloading time....

I think many ppl are just unaware of its exsistance

Uhh... what?

• greenbow54greenbow54 Member UncommonPosts: 128

I read up a lot on the game and watched a lot of videos. Game looked pretty sweet so i thought id give it a shot with the free trial.

Started downloading, got to the second step, and it has an error every time. I looked it up to see if this was an issue for others, and apparently its quite common. So if they can't even fix their downloader to make sure people can Play the game, I'm not sure I can trust them to provide any sort of customer service or fix in game bugs.

Yes, i could use another site to download it, but that's not my job. It's pretty easy to just google it, but then you get distrust from offsite clients, etc.

Until they can atleast fix their download client, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

(note this all happened before this thread, so I didnt have that download before).

read the tread here we spoke a lot about various ways to settle this issue!

Originally posted by greenbow54

I read up a lot on the game and watched a lot of videos. Game looked pretty sweet so i thought id give it a shot with the free trial.

Started downloading, got to the second step, and it has an error every time. I looked it up to see if this was an issue for others, and apparently its quite common. So if they can't even fix their downloader to make sure people can Play the game, I'm not sure I can trust them to provide any sort of customer service or fix in game bugs.

Yes, i could use another site to download it, but that's not my job. It's pretty easy to just google it, but then you get distrust from offsite clients, etc.

Until they can atleast fix their download client, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

(note this all happened before this thread, so I didnt have that download before).

Please read my original post - There is no support, there are no bug fixes - if you took the time to read it you'd see that the game is currently in a frozen state.  Acclaim are keeping the servers switched on while the game is in redevelopment.  It's good of them to even do this as the game generates them 0 revenue.  But yes a working downloader would be appreciated by many.

But to address that alternate links are posted throughout this thread, a torrent has been provided and other working download links.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

ok will restart on the pvp server.

i hope to see some other folks at eu playtime from time to time there.

Paul you should get paid,  you are doing  better marketing for spellborn then acclaim & frogster together :)

let's revitalize this hidden gem .....

I have it fully downloaded so if you Need to download the client for Win7 use the Torrent and I'm one of the ones seeding it.

Originally posted by Afrodo

I played this game awhile back , and truly enjoyed it very much. Art style was unique. The scrolling deck was some what revolutionary for mmorpg's in my opinion. rich enviroment..neat class's (Archtypes). When i played it , it was very low populated.

That was a major downfall for me. even then i didnt let it stop me from playing it untill i got to a point  to where i had quest i couldnt get done because well.......i needed help  and nobody was around!I remeber one night i played for over 3 hrs and didnt see a single person in game. ive been waiting for the revamp of this game. I feel if it had another breath of life people would give it a try or a second chance. its truly a shame watching this game die. out of all the mmorpg games that come out month after month. this one was truly unique and not a clone of another game.

I am re-dwnloading it as we speak and will be back on the pve server. Im glad to see some people trying to bring back players to the game. and hope to see new players in game. i honestly am a bit wrried that frogster will do nothing with the game. They had plenty of time to revamp it and still not a lick of news on it. ther focusing all there time on ROM and it shows. ROM has been out only about a year and already has 2 xpansions and mass success. I feel only when ROM starts to die will they do anything to this game , and its a shame because this game is so much better than ROM on so many levels.

I also feel if we can bring the population back it will open a few eyes to frogster or Akklaim , and that might help speed up the process. If it was me and i noticed a game growing  more popular and needed a backer i would jump in but thats just me.

Im no TCOS fanboi nor a hater im just a guy who thought the game deserved to be apprecited better than what it was.

Paul i appreciate your effort here and  has given me a second go at the game. Can i have your ingame name so if run across somthing i cant solo and nobody is around you can help me out? If i had help on group stuff i would be inclined to stick around and not quit again if you know what i mean. To everybody else who might be a lil intrested in the game give it a shot it is actually one of the betterr f2p games out there and downfall is lack of population which can be fixed with your help..SO PLEASE GIVE IT A SHOT IF YOUR INTRESTED AT all!!

Nice post mate - it's great to see some people appreciate the game as much as i do.  It is a real shame to see the game fade away.   A game that dared to be different, a game that most people have asked for and completely ignored... it makes no sense...

Mate my in game name is Atomo but i play on the PVP server unfortunately so wouldn't be able to assist you.  Feel free to come onto the PVP server though, would be nice to see another player there :)

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

nice to see that such many people are interesed in the game

let's hope that many guys will stay

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

All my characters are on the PvE server inc my 24 :)

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

the PvE server have imo the same population as the PvP server,so your descision wich server you ll choose should depend wether you want open PvP or not.

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

Originally posted by GamerAeon

All my characters are on the PvE server inc my 24 :)

Im not too sure which server people are starting on - Atomo is lvl 35 on the pvp server.  I feel that the PVP is an integral part of the fun in this game so that's where i'll be staying.

I would really miss those tense encounters in Ringfell which could explode into mass pvp at any moment :)  There were some great battles in Cairnkegg back in the day when the servers were much busier, just people having fun with the system, there's no penalty for dying in PVP so battling near the respawn was a lot of fun :)  Those battles were intense!

• AfrodoAfrodo Member Posts: 27

I just might do that paul its almost done updating so i will be on shortly. My toon on the pve server is only 13 so it wont be to much of aloss to move over to the pvp server. i look foward to playing this again. I will look you up as soon as i get on m8 ;)