Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey lol whats actually going to be in at release?

EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35

A few months ago Mourning showed promise, then the game was delayed they said "until around feb 5th", soon after a new skill system was announced, one that allowed you to become a master craftsman by mining or doing something completley unrelated to crafting because of their skill pool idea which quite frankly is the worst idea for an mmo ever.

Then they announced that seiging wouldnt be in at release, and that magic wouldnt be finished at release either, soon after that they said that the fame system wouldnt be in at release as well, these were the main reasons that people were intrested in getting the game, so lots of people left the game. Now it doesnt seem like there will be any reason in getting this game, it will be in beta for at least a year after release while they put in basic features that they promised years ago. So what have the devs actually done in the past 3 years this game has been in development?

The game keeps getting delayed over and over again, it was due for release in last November but now it hasnt even entered the next beta phase , this game is doomed.

Comments

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

As far as I'm concerned, the features that made this game unique were all talk. The bloodline system is perhaps the only interesting one that made it through, and if this game is just another carbon copy MMORPG where the only difference is a bloodline system that dictates permadeath... I don't sense much fun ahead.

Mourning had ambitious beginnings but was quite obviously given a reality check. Another one bites the dust... meh, we'll get our revolutionary MMO some day.

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Release Date is going to be Q4 2050image

• MhorhamMhorham Member Posts: 146

I dont think it matters what features will make the cut. Kinda obvious at this point that if it ever does get released for retail, it wont live long afterwords. I'd not want to trust these guys with updating game content and making patches. Never mind managing customer complaints and keeping servers in good working order.

I would have played the game, but with this dev/publishing team, Not a chance in hell. Dont count on patches to fill this game out.

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Energize

A few months ago Mourning showed promise, then the game was delayed they said "until around feb 5th", soon after a new skill system was announced, one that allowed you to become a master craftsman by mining or doing something completley unrelated to crafting because of their skill pool idea which quite frankly is the worst idea for an mmo ever.
    Then they announced that seiging wouldnt be in at release, and that magic wouldnt be finished at release either, soon after that they said that the fame system wouldnt be in at release as well, these were the main reasons that people were intrested in getting the game, so lots of people left the game. Now it doesnt seem like there will be any reason in getting this game, it will be in beta for at least a year after release while they put in basic features that they promised years ago. So what have the devs actually done in the past 3 years this game has been in development?
    The game keeps getting delayed over and over again, it was due for release in last November but now it hasnt even entered the next beta phase , this game is doomed.

Definately getting annoyed with devs over their lack of news and PR, but hopefully I can try to shed some light on the matter.

The reason for the first delay was a result of your first complaint.  They have completely changed the nature of the "skill pool"  Now they have 3 kinds of XP that one can earn.  No longer can you spend XP that you gain from combat in a completely unrelated school.  To explain this further, you can gain XP using a 1H Blunt Weapon to spend on increasing skill in a 1H Slash Weapon.  You can't spend that XP on mining or crafting.  There still are remnants of the old system though, because you gain "knowledge" XP ... thats not the exact name of it, but thats the concept.  You will rarely earn this XP to spend wherever you wish.  You will also rarely earn "Respec" XP.  Instead of being able to respec your skills every so many levels, you will now be able to spend this Respec XP to remove the XP from one area of the school to another area.  IE, you get your skill in 1H blunt up to a point and decide that now you want to be skilled in 1H slash... now you'll be able to shift X amount of XP (where X is the amount of Respec XP that you have) from 1H Blunt to 1H Slash

As far as the massive delays ... they switched their stance on how sieges and player controlled territory will be handled.  They decided to make ALL territory (minus starter towns) Player controlled.  This is a huge shift from their original plan to have player created towns being the only player controlled territory.  Now you can carve out massive kingdoms out of already built cities and villages as well as incorporate your player built cities.  You can also control resource gathering points, such as mines and assign NPCs to guard them.

Thats the biggest reason for the 6 month delay, which is what they had originally announced it would take.  I remember it because that was exactly right after Dragon Empires was cancelled. 

Personally, I'm annoyed as hell at the delays and at first I was willing to suck it up, but this is starting to get ridiculous. 

P.S. I tried being as objective as possible in this post ... Remember, Only YOU can prevent Fanbois

It'll get done, but the problem is ... how many ppl will be left to play it?  I know I will, I just hope I have some neighbors.

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

In my opinion, delays are to be expected. I firmly believe any dev team should retain the right to delay as they please, as far as their budget will allow. It's my belief that one of the reasons MMORPG's have a notoriously unsuccessful launch is due, in part, to impatient communities. Single player games not only can't afford to do this, but they generally don't have to worry about their customer relations to any tremendous degree. So yeah.. delay away, if it means a better game. The MMO market doesn't see enough of it.

My beef with the Mourning devs has always been their mentality. It's the *way* they're delaying, but that's just one of many (and a long line of) aspects that has served to piss their community off. It's that arrogant way they carry themselves - the belief that everyone owes them for making such a great game (an excuse that is quickly running thin as we slowly discover how substandard their project has become). Needless to say... the lack of any evidence that this game is going to live up to the hype the devs spout all over their site, combined with their arrogance... well, that combination doesn't bode well with most people.

If that's your thing, though... hey, go for it.

• MhorhamMhorham Member Posts: 146
    Those dealys would have been fine within the alpha and early beta stages of development. What got me was these types of changes be decied upon as a release date for the the advertised product passed by yet agian. No way they should have been seting down those relese dates encouraging people to preorder when they were so obviously far from having a working game. Ther is no argueing that they strung the community along and decived them. That is totaly obvious to anyone who cares to look at the whole issue.