Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry but I have to ask

2»

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Some quests in the game a very difficult like Aerlinthe. Some people did figure out how to complete them without a guide, but it took days or weeks. I doubt you took that time to figure it out. You might not have read a guide to figure out the quest. In that case you probably had someone else show you the way. That person probably read a guide.

This is like your claim that you don't use third party plugins. You may not use them but you rely on others who do use them (e.g. trade bots). The fact is third party plugins and third party sites are an integral part of the game.

Like I said in the other thread, I think you and others merely like the illusion that you are playing the game without any outside help. Perhaps that is an important aspect of the game. It's not for me though because I'm one of the people who reads the guide and runs the trade bot that you rely on.  I say just build in that functionality and save me the time of having to turn to third parties.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Some quests in the game a very difficult like Aerlinthe. Some people did figure out how to complete them without a guide, but it took days or weeks. I doubt you took that time to figure it out. You might not have read a guide to figure out the quest. In that case you probably had someone else show you the way. That person probably read a guide.

This is like your claim that you don't use third party plugins. You may not use them but you rely on others who do use them (e.g. trade bots). The fact is third party plugins and third party sites are an integral part of the game.

Like I said in the other thread, I think you and others merely like the illusion that you are playing the game without any outside help. Perhaps that is an important aspect of the game. It's not for me though because I'm one of the people who reads the guide and runs the trade bot that you rely on.  I say just build in that functionality and save me the time of having to turn to third parties.

As I always try to explain to you, you're stuck in your own little world and you can't imagine anyone playing differently then you.

No I don't use TPAs, and the game is so easy to play without them I don't know why anyone uses them at all.

No I don't benefit from people using TPAs because I don't trade with other players. This isn't out of some morality reason but because this game is so easy to be self sufficient and you don't need a perfect armor suit to get through content. So I just don't spend time trading with other players much and I don't spend anytime shopping from trade bots.

No I don't use guides. Yes some quests are tricky. Most however can be easily figured out using the in game information. There are a couple that take more work to figure out but outside of one or two quests there is nothing overly difficult.

You are stuck in the world of how you play and what you want and are completely blind to the fact there are many people who play differently then you and don't want the things you do. That's why all of your posts got destroyed on the official forums as well, the majority of the player base does not agree with your lines of thinking. And everytime you were proved wrong you just said everyone who didn't agree with you was wrong and went and made a new thread.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

You don't read. You are equally stubborn as you claim I am. 

I conceded that there are some who play without third party apps and sites. You may not use trade bots, but you are definetly not the majority in that respect. And like I said again even if some people don't read third party sites, they ask for help or have someone lead them through. Again this may not apply to you but there are definetly a lot of people who do this.

I do not wish AC to be a WoW clone as you repeatedly claim even though like I pointed out in another thread AC is continaully incorporating concepts from elsewhere. You think the game should remain convoluted. I don't.

I also like how you claim my ideas are "destroyed" on the official forums. First, there are people similar to me, who want the game to be more appealing to the masses and want to incorporate third party functionality. Even so apparently you think a few people on the forums represent all the players. It really is the same couple people that post in my threads every time. You most likely being one of them.

Finally, as I pointed out in another thread the problem is people are resistant to big changes and changes to recent additions. I made a thread once of very small changes and it was very well received. Whenever I suggest big changes or changes to recent additions, you and others get highly defensive. You feel you are superior because you do not criticize.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

You don't read. You are equally stubborn as you claim I am. 

I conceded that there are some who play without third party apps and sites. You may not use trade bots, but you are definetly not the majority in that respect. And like I said again even if some people don't read third party sites, they ask for help or have someone lead them through. Again this may not apply to you but there are definetly a lot of people who do this.

I do not wish AC to be a WoW clone as you repeatedly claim even though like I pointed out in another thread AC is continaully incorporating concepts from elsewhere. You think the game should remain convoluted. I don't.

I also like how you claim my ideas are "destroyed" on the official forums. First, there are people similar to me, who want the game to be more appealing to the masses and want to incorporate third party functionality. Even so apparently you think a few people on the forums represent all the players. It really is the same couple people that post in my threads every time. You most likely being one of them.

Finally, as I pointed out in another thread the problem is people are resistant to big changes and changes to recent additions. I made a thread once of very small changes and it was very well received. Whenever I suggest big changes or changes to recent additions, you and others get highly defensive. You feel you are superior because you do not criticize.

Let's put it this way then.

The numbers on AC are clearly going up and have been since the beginning of the year, with all the changes they are already talking about including the numbers will definetly continue to go up.

So I guess I'll stick with their decisions instead of your ideas that would do the opposite to player numbers.