Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SANDBOX INCOMING

Comments

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

That's promising, they cant even build a functioning website. Here we go again.... 

I win!!! LOL@U

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

great website! all it says is sorry! lol :D

truly inspires awe and confidence.......

• gnomechefgnomechef Member Posts: 49

Website was working just 2 hours ago, it has a small downtime now as stated. Check the mmorpg.com link for some info in the mean time.

Interesting....18 year old Project Manager... Sounds like a class project.  

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/winnipeg-free-press/mi_8029/is_20100227/teens-leap-cyberspace/ai_n50372752/

I win!!! LOL@U

From what i have read and seen, it is very well presented and the team actively incorporate player feedback from the forums into their ideas and plans for the game.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

The website appears to be completely broken.

McAfee Site Advisor also seems to think it is malicious... image

Originally posted by gnomechef

From what i have read and seen, it is very well presented and the team actively incorporate player feedback from the forums into their ideas and plans for the game.

Read and seen where?

Originally posted by Anubisan

I win!!! LOL@U

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

A true indie-developed sandbox awaits, closed beta starts May 28th.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/530

http://www.aerrevan.com

You silly wabbit. Had us going there.

aerrevan.com

Red  Verdict Image

McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution.

Are you the owner of this site? Leave a comment

What is TrustedSource?

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Read and seen where?

I have been following the game for the past few months, i have read and seen about the game on the official forums and website. It is bad timing that the website is offline now for some reason but it says on the website it should be back up in a few hours.

I'm not sure what the problem with McAfee is but the website is not malicious. It is the real deal, they were at GDC 2010 to show off the game.

If they are indeed legit, it would be in their best interest to let McAfee know they have a false positive on their website...

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

If they are indeed legit, it would be in their best interest to let McAfee know they have a false positive on their website...

Why in the world are you using McAfee? You'd be wise to steer clear of that as well as Norton.

I'd recommend Avast, I use it on all my PCs. Once your trial ends simply register and the program continues to be free.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Why in the world are you using McAfee? You'd be wise to steer clear of that as well as Norton.

I'd recommend Avast, I use it on all my PCs. Once your trial ends simply register and the program continues to be free.

I agree, Norton and McAfee are money schemes made possible with a placebo effect. I reccomend some real software like Avast Free edition. McAfee is probably more malicious than what it claims this games website to be.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Use ESET on your system if you feel you need an AV program.

And in your browser, the WoT is pretty damn accurate on a lot of site.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Ah, there's always hope.
    Some call it the new SWG.
    Some call it the new UO.
    This was on the forums.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

Originally posted by desperaux

Engine AERcore Website: http://aercore.com/ guess thats where the name came from...

Its their own proprietary "engine".    The game appears to be a vechicle to market the engine, thus the name.

Sadly dont see anything worth getting excited about.

I win!!! LOL@U

Actually the engine was made for the game as they felt it was the best way to approach the project, as the lead developers have said on the official forums, they are just raising more funds by licensing the engine to other projects. P.S: The website is back up now - www.aerrevan.com

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Almost made me think you are one of the 2 developers.

anyway my reason for creating this thread was to get some awareness of a indie sandbox game which looks like it could become something great.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

This could be the greatest sandbox ever.

I mean, if you thought sandbox was just getting in a game and creating your own story, this game looks like you could apply for a job and actually help create the game. SANDBOX FTW!

/sarcasm

Originally posted by Cecropia

I agree, Norton and McAfee are money schemes made possible with a placebo effect. I reccomend some real software like Avast Free edition. McAfee is probably more malicious than what it claims this games website to be.

I don't use McAfee. I actually work in the anti-malware industry and I use my company's software. I've also never seen an infection I couldn't remove on my own. I only use Site Advisor and other web content filters because they save me time in my work by showing sites that others consider malicious.

I'm certainly not saying McAfee is necessarily right about calling this site malicious (McAfee has false positives galore), but someone must have reported it as such. I was only suggesting that the site's operators contact them and get their sites un-blacklisted.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I don't use McAfee. I actually work in the anti-malware industry and I use my company's software. I've also never seen an infection I couldn't remove on my own. I only use Site Advisor and other web content filters because they save me time in my work by showing sites that others consider malicious.

I'm certainly not saying McAfee is necessarily right about calling this site malicious (McAfee has false positives galore), but someone must have reported it as such. I was only suggesting that the site's operators contact them and get their sites un-blacklisted.

Ah, nevermind then.

Clearly you know more about this than I do. Maybe I should be taking tips from you.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975

...players can engage in dynamic conversations with the game's NPC inhabitants simply by typing to them as they would any other player.

"Dammit, what's the keyword I need so I can progress this quest?"

"This NPC has no responses to cybering. This sux."

"Just tell Jones 'hax' and it'll advance the quest."

It will suck. I hated single player RPGs that required talking to NPCs with free form text.