Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Guild SERVER: Seradon

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by eggbert20

Well I found a new copy of the game for $5 and started back up. This is not my first foray into the world of VG, but I wanted to start fresh on a new account. I saw that some members on here were starting a guild and decided to join. Even though it was around midnight (central time), there were 6+ people online in the guild, with many more people in general chat. This guild so far seems to be a great group of guys and gals. Everyone was very talkative and it felt very lively. It was very active even between 12am-2am Central time. If anyone is still holding out on trying this, do it. The game really has improved. It's more streamlined, runs smoother, far fewer bugs, and more enjoyable than before.

yeah, it's 3:29 am est and I just left 10 people still in game.

to mmoplaya, we look forward to seeing you. I'm on at weird hours but you can always either send me a tell (Sovrath) or you can just join the mmorpg channel and someone should be watching it.

Either way we'll get you in. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by GreenWidow

This thread got me to resubscribe.  I finished the download last night and had to sleep for work this morning.  I'll log on this evening and see if I can find anyone.

I am CST after 5pm usually.

I have several lower level toons.  I think my highest is a 19 Disciple.  We'll see.

Hope to see some folks in game and get an invite.

Lack of people to play with was the only reason I left this game in the first place.

Again, if you join the mmorpg channel someone should be watchign. Worse comes to worse you send me a message in game by mail and I can make sure I"m on at some time convenient to you to get you in.

but we have several people doing recruiting so you should find someone!

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• KyrocKyroc Member Posts: 70

Hello

I have been reading this site for years but never bothered to join. I have joined up to let you guys know Im an old player also returning to Vanguard and am wanting to join your guild.

I have a 45 cleric and 28 druid but cant remember how to play them so have rolled a new bloodmage Oggi, currently at Veskel's. 

I live in Australia so you probably wont see me much during the week but Saturday and Sunday mornings (Friday and Saturday night NA) is my main playtime. Hope to see lots of you then.

See you in game

Originally posted by Kyroc

Hello

I have been reading this site for years but never bothered to join. I have joined up to let you guys know Im an old player also returning to Vanguard and am wanting to join your guild.

I have a 45 cleric and 28 druid but cant remember how to play them so have rolled a new bloodmage Oggi, currently at Veskel's. 

I live in Australia so you probably wont see me much during the week but Saturday and Sunday mornings (Friday and Saturday night NA) is my main playtime. Hope to see lots of you then.

See you in game

Either I just invited another character of yours or you are in good company as I just invited an Australian into the guild. if you are watching this and reply back within 10 minutes I can log in before I retire.

• KyrocKyroc Member Posts: 70

Nah mate, still currently at work and Im unable to log on tonight anyway.

Im sure I can find someone for an invite next time I'm on. Thanks for the reply tho

Originally posted by Kyroc

Nah mate, still currently at work and Im unable to log on tonight anyway.

Im sure I can find someone for an invite next time I'm on. Thanks for the reply tho

ok cool, look forward to getting you in the guild. "nn" ; )

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

Funny. It looks like the users on this board are single=handedly saving this game. Who knew.

• eggbert20eggbert20 Member Posts: 11

Could be. But if that's the case, more power to us! I think VG is a great game and definitely worth saving, and playing!

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

I mentioned in another thread that I'm thinking about getting back in, and I probably will this weekend. In the meantime, there are a handful of very dedicated players on the official forums who seem to have made it their life's mission to keep Vanguard afloat. They go out of their way to be helpful in the game and are always happy to see new players. Maybe someone from the guild could post an introductory message over there and maybe toss out an open invite to the guild. It might really warm their hearts to see this. :D

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

do u all have a website i could visit?

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by DEATHRAMENT

do u all have a website i could visit?

The website is currently in discussion. Its dependent upon the numbers we keep seeing. So far the numbers are good, very good. Hopefully they will stay that way.

But, no better time to trial it and see if the game works for you. We've amassed over 100 members (officially) in the last week. Very few of these happen to be alts. I'm hoping that this trend keeps up and that we see a lot more returners. So far, everyone has really been enjoying themselves, they've been grouping and exploring and in general just having what appears to be... *gasp* a great time! :P

Addition: Oh, I felt I should add, that the 100 members in the guild are all subbers. Unfortunately, the game does not allow for trialers to join a guild. So, thats actually a very substantial number.

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

What is the lvl range?

• bobcat_gradbobcat_grad Member Posts: 13

Okay - I'll bite.

I've played off and on for years and have always loved the game.  The problem is I would get to the high 20s with my character, start seeing more and more group quests, and then I'd start looking for a guild.  Everytime I would find one, they were very clicky and it was apparent they had been playing for a long time together and weren't super interested in helping the new guy.

Looks like if I get in now, we'll all be in the same approximate boat.

Time to re-subscribe this evening.

All of my characters are on Xeth, though - so I'm starting from scratch.

And from the last two times I've played - I'm pretty tired of the trial island.  But I know if you start in the old world, you're kinda at a disadvantage (especially in the availability of harvesting nodes and the progression in Diplomacy).  

Should I bite the bullet and do the trial island yet again?

Hobbit Burglar at your service

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

I reccomend the island as a starting point just because if the goodies they give you. You do not receive much at the other starting areas (Trust me lol). Also for the quest lines you are not running around trying to figure out where to go next, or get Frustrated over some group content quests when there is no group to quest with.  If tradeskilling or Diplomacy is your game as well, the island gives the ability to get the skills up before going to the main land and that helps as well.

I rerolled from Xeth as well and so far it has been a very pleasent expierience heck even my wife is getting into it.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

I'm gonna take the other side on this.  Personally, I hate the Isle.  I think it is a poor representation of the rest of the game, and you miss out on so much lore and history of the races if you do the isle versus the regular starting areas.  Yes, the gear isn't as good, but I'd rather be an escaped slave trying to stop an invasion (the orc/goblin starter storyline) or an interdimensional hunter tracking a devious prey (kurashasha starting area. [think I spelled it wrong]) then some generic hero on the isle.

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

Originally posted by zeowyrm

I'm gonna take the other side on this.  Personally, I hate the Isle.  I think it is a poor representation of the rest of the game, and you miss out on so much lore and history of the races if you do the isle versus the regular starting areas.  Yes, the gear isn't as good, but I'd rather be an escaped slave trying to stop an invasion (the orc/goblin starter storyline) or an interdimensional hunter tracking a devious prey (kurashasha starting area. [think I spelled it wrong]) then some generic hero on the isle.

I am going to take the other side of this thread, and say, I would return and join, but I already know how this is going to end. This has been attempted several times already in VG. It has already been attempted a few times on this very site, and it ends the same way everytime.

I do not believe this one will be any exception. SOE doesn't care about this game, they will not put money into it, or fix it. Which is sad because it is such a good game.

It is the same as DAoC, could be great again if you tossed some money and dev love it's way, but that isn't ever going to happen.

I just hate feeling like I am playing a game waiting to die. So I will have to pass for now, unless you guys can make SOE raise an eyebrow, force them to give VG some more devs and a larger budget for bug fixes and the likes.

If you pull that off though, I will resub and join you all.

I do not know how long this will last, but i am just enjoying the expierence. Frankly i have been reading some of the next gen games and they all are following a more forgiving angle over a challenge (more like wow, eq 2). I am not a fan of pvp so a rich PVE game is what i am looking for. I know LOTRO does that but just something in it i do not enjoy (the entire depressing thing i think is what it is). I plan to play till they shut this game down.

One week of 100 plus returning players will not make any changes ... 6 months of 2000 returning and new players could raise an eyebrow @ 14.99 a month x 2000 = 179,880, that is enough to get some more developers ... Try not to think of the 100 and hope for 2000, keep word of mouth going.

For the record, this game does not give you everything on a silver platter, the Quest Tracking system is still broken in some areas and it is buggy, but it is rich in lore and unique in combat, tradeskilling, and Diplomacy spheres.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

I've been having trouble trying to log in all day. It says all servers are up in the launch window but as soon as I arrive to character selection it informs me Seradon(?) is down. Playing from Europe though, maybe thats affecting it?

There is a patch, no announcement on when it will be up.

• macmallmacmall Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by neonaka

I am going to take the other side of this thread, and say, I would return and join, but I already know how this is going to end. This has been attempted several times already in VG. It has already been attempted a few times on this very site, and it ends the same way everytime.

I do not believe this one will be any exception. SOE doesn't care about this game, they will not put money into it, or fix it. Which is sad because it is such a good game.

It is the same as DAoC, could be great again if you tossed some money and dev love it's way, but that isn't ever going to happen.

I just hate feeling like I am playing a game waiting to die. So I will have to pass for now, unless you guys can make SOE raise an eyebrow, force them to give VG some more devs and a larger budget for bug fixes and the likes.

I do not believe this one will be any exception. SOE doesn't care about this game"

You may be right but money talks and BS walks.......if they start to make MONEY off of it they WILL put resorces into it......its not a matter of them not liking the game its a matter of THE BOTTOM LINE and MONEY!

If your outlook on life is that its not going to get better guess what? its not going to get better....Attitude Is Everything

Put a smile on your face:P and get the word out!! tell your buddys at work!! get involved!!!

If you every need anything in-game if you come back hit me up:P Lets try and do somthing that has never been done before lets make history.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Originally posted by Dmyankee

There is a patch, no announcement on when it will be up.

Ah okay, thanks.

Originally posted by macmall

If your outlook on life is that its not going to get better guess what? its not going to get better....Attitude Is Everything

Put a smile on your face:P and get the word out!! tell your buddys at work!! get involved!!!

If you every need anything in-game if you come back hit me up:P Lets try and do somthing that has never been done before lets make history.

I loved this comment. I am optimistic about this game, and i hope it lasts a long time!

Originally posted by macmall

Originally posted by neonaka

I do not believe this one will be any exception. SOE doesn't care about this game"

You may be right but money talks and BS walks.......if they start to make MONEY off of it they WILL put resorces into it......its not a matter of them not liking the game its a matter of THE BOTTOM LINE and MONEY!

Listen, I love VG just as much as all of you do. I also think given some money and time, it could be a top contender in the MMO Genre, it really does have that much potential.

In the case with VG though it is political, SOE I do not believe will ever put enough effort into VG that it could rival EQ2. I really wish VG would get sold off to another company so that it might see some good updated material.

BUT,

Since you guys are so passionate about it, I will more than likely resub this weekend and see how this lil project is going.

SOE Bought it to make a quick profit and I think McQuaid pulled a few favors with Smed. The other thing is that it is a Direct Compettion to EQ2 ... but EQ2 has changed so much compared to when it was release that the only thing the games have in common are that they are Fantasy and they are owned by sony.

If you resub, re roll on Seradon, wifey and I are there. However Tonight and Tomorrow are WoW nights (RL Friends)  hehe.

Originally posted by Dmyankee

SOE Bought it to make a quick profit and I think McQuaid pulled a few favors with Smed. The other thing is that it is a Direct Compettion to EQ2 ... but EQ2 has changed so much compared to when it was release that the only thing the games have in common are that they are Fantasy and they are owned by sony.

If you resub, re roll on Seradon, wifey and I are there. However Tonight and Tomorrow are WoW nights (RL Friends)  hehe.

I already have several characters on Seredon now. there is a 18 Ranger I have been wanting to level up some.