Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best server to join?

I'm a resub wondering what server to join...any advice?

Comments

• scoachscoach Member Posts: 16

NA Tyranny

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

If you want open world PvP go Tyranny.   If you want PvE Wiccana.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
  • slingblade9slingblade9 Member Posts: 21

Is tryranny pretty much a gank fest?

• JomeihJomeih Member Posts: 4

Fury in EU servers

• JohnsavantJohnsavant Member Posts: 106

Crom EU

• Protus_AOCProtus_AOC Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by slingblade9

Is tryranny pretty much a gank fest?

Tyranny is pretty much the most exciting server that AOC has to offer. Wicanna is the 2nd best but all of the servers are highly populated and I certainly expect to see high que times this weekend so you may want to try a lower pop server. Even the lower pop servers are loaded with people so no worries there.

I usually hang out in the lowbie zones on Tyranny so if you decide to roll on my server send me a message.image

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

Tyranny is pretty low population now so all the pvpers in USA are on cimmera. IDK why any would reccomend Tyranny as it probably has half the player base of any of the other 3 servers after not allowing X fers there, then not merging servers there, then many players Xfered off because of "Immature Community" - not much to do with ganking but more to do with childish global chat then a lot just up and quit because AoC isn't much of a PvP game.

Cimmeria has population not Tyranny.

For EU the PvP server Fury has many players but they have siege crashes and lag and hate minning hours on end for PvP points so it may shrink....but atm Fury EU for PvP and Cimmera USA for PvP.  Who wants to get stuck on a low pop server again.

All PvE servers are about even and if they get low Funcom can just merge them.  Lol about server Ques, good one.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by finaticd

Tyranny is pretty low population now so all the pvpers in USA are on cimmera. IDK why any would reccomend Tyranny as it probably has half the player base of any of the other 3 servers after not allowing X fers there, then not merging servers there, then many players Xfered off because of "Immature Community" - not much to do with ganking but more to do with childish global chat then a lot just up and quit because AoC isn't much of a PvP game.

For EU the PvP server Fury has many players but they have siege crashes and lag and hate minning hours on end for PvP points so it may shrink....but atm Fury EU for PvP and Cimmera USA for PvP.  Who wants to get stuck on a low pop server again.

All PvE servers are about even and if they get low Funcom can just merge them.  Lol about server Ques, good one.

For Christ sake Finaticd, you don't play the game and the last thing you know about is where the game is populated. Your fetish to keep commenting on AoC population, does really not bother me at all...... But don't you see that you are screwing up somebody elses experience when you point east and people should really have been heading North. Show some decency!

I play on several servers, have only stopped by my favorite one after the expansion though, and thats Aqulonia PvP in EU. One word...Packed! If you go with this one you can't fail. Many huge guilds too. Bori PvP, Sieges, Minigames in all level tiers... we got it all.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• SculldogSculldog Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by KilorTheMeek

If you want open world PvP go Tyranny.   If you want PvE Wiccana.

Agreed....

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by DaSpack

Originally posted by finaticd

For Christ sake Finaticd, you don't play the game and the last thing you know about is where the game is populated. Your fetish to keep commenting on AoC population, does really not bother me at all...... But don't you see that you are screwing up somebody elses experience when you point east and people should really have been heading North. Show some decency!

I play on several servers, have only stopped by my favorite one after the expansion though, and thats Aqulonia PvP in EU. One word...Packed! If you go with this one you can't fail. Many huge guilds too. Bori PvP, Sieges, Minigames in all level tiers... we got it all.

Do yourself a favor and do not join Tyranny, PvE  Wic and PvP Cimmera. You have to ask yourself am i a hyper active, gotta have it now, now , now speed popping "hey you a-hole"  freak then Tyranny is for you. If you want to strategize  a bit more, if suspense and then great death or fantastic victory is the adrenalin that runs through your vains then Cimmera is for you, but dont let me sway you.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

I played for a while Tyranny......

Here is how my life story there went....Quested til around level 15.Got quest's for the instances around Tortage(the island the pict temple place and the catacombs or wtfever it was)Stepped into first instance...Level 20 Necro and a bunch of pets kill me before i can move.Tried next instance....Level 20ish ToS two shots me...Figured fine ill just try the Island...Go to the boat to the Island and see a level 25ish Ranger sitting there waiting for someone to take the boat ride with a nice big red skull near his name.I dont mind some good fun evenly matched pvp but the sad thing is people on pvp servers will make life hell for the new players and you will probably be tired of being ganked.Most of the time the gank parties consisted of 2-3 level 20s also so i dont wanna hear people talking about lrn2play.I guareentee none of you would have successfully killed the gankers i faced day in and day out.

I would suggest you look on the server forums and find a guild.Maybe had i done this i wouldnt have deleted my pvp server toons and went back to Set.This is the type of pvp that will ruin the game for those who are just starting.Do what most players in WoW and even AoC likely do.Level on a pve server then switch to pvp later.