Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell Me on this Game

SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

Please convince me to play this game.  What's this game about?  What's special about it?  What classes/abilities are there?  You can shape the world? Exciting.  Heavy crafting game?  PvP?  Strong guild abilities?  Level or skill based?  What does the game offer?  If there's bugs, are they game breaking or minor?  If game breaking, then what's the exact problem?

Comments

• siredmondsiredmond Member Posts: 122

Almost all of your questions can be answered by these two pages from their website.

http://www.xsyon.com/about

http://www.xsyon.com/features

• SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

Are all features listed on that link, in the game?  Also, I don't see anything about crashing/lag/bugs/problems.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

All the features are still in-process of being implemented.  Much of this is hopeful optimisim, but I kerplunked down a pre-order hoping that some indie developer can get something right.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Once I convince myself ill help you out bro.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• The biggest selling point is potential at the moment, I think. But then again, most MMOs have potential. You might want to wait a bit and see how the reviews are, since so few things are known at the moment. But if all the features are in, then I don't know what else is a selling point (though most features seem to be disabled at the moment). You might want to ask a current tester, maybe they will share their experiences and make you want to buy it.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

All the features are still in-process of being implemented.  Much of this is hopeful optimisim, but I kerplunked down a pre-order hoping that some indie developer can get something right.

You brass-balled mofo...

I didn't think people did this with indies anymore but good for you.  Ya got more guts than me.

Hopefully these guys can get it right, hell I'll even take pretty close at this point.

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

Originally posted by Sineath

Are all features listed on that link, in the game?  Also, I don't see anything about crashing/lag/bugs/problems.

I am in the game and it is once again stable after adding some PvP elements prior to this past weekend.  Hits on various parts of the body in melee combat are detected client-side but checked server-side. It still has some lag spikes where your character suddenly freezes.

Almost no feataures are in game beyond terraforming (very cool), basic crafting, and some Pv P. The devs want to solve server stability before adding more.

Other minor bugs the testers found prior to the most recent big patch were fixed. I expect to see other game elements added prior to this weekend. The big test will be when they add the animals. The new launcher and patlcher work great.

Other interesting information given out on the forums are that tribes will start out with a territory around their totems of 100 meters in diameter that will grow by 5 meters per additional member above 10. Later in the game tribes will be able to build more totems to add to and shape their territory. At launch all tribe members are safe within their territory. The size of this territory is subject to change depending on the feedback from the tribes that are in game at launch.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

Buy two get one free for a limited time only....buy now and get a set of steak knives...no extra charge....you sold yet.?....you tool.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Wait until it is out 6 months.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

Originally posted by lttexxan

Buy two get one free for a limited time only....buy now and get a set of steak knives...no extra charge....you sold yet.?....you tool.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

Originally posted by lttexxan

Ohhhh! Steak knives! Hey wait, I already pre-ordered... Do I still ge the steal knives and if I do can I use them in game?

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

All listed features are to be in game at release which is currently tentative.

The bugs etc sections are in section only viewable by those that have pre-ordered the game.

In before the "to try and hide the truth": No, because that's how most games are. Anyone will be willing to tell you of the bugs and there are quiet a few of them but they are being dealt with in a timely manor before more progress is made.

Right now this server stability problems are just wrapping up for the most part and then onto the rest.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by EbonHawk

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

You brass-balled mofo...

I didn't think people did this with indies anymore but good for you.  Ya got more guts than me.

Hopefully these guys can get it right, hell I'll even take pretty close at this point.

It's a small community, and I think many are waiting on feedback.  It was $40, and Im in-game and will ride-out the next 2-months or so without having to pay for any monthly. 

Not a bad deal considering it's cheaper than a single-player game right now and I can be engaged with it while I experience the commitment of the devs as it relates to meeting player expectation.  That might be relative, but anyone that has been around for a while with indies knows when things are either going from bad to worse or progressing well towards their potential.

Time will tell.