Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics Problem

ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78

I'm on the trial, and my toon doesn't display the upper half of his body.  Not only that, but some mobs don't appear at all - I find myself fighting a disembodied axe waving around in the air, or suddenly set upon by phantom mobs which I can't see at  all.

Even some of the npc quest givers are not "all there" lol

Any ideas?

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

do you have the latest direct x,di you patch game as administrator?its the firsrt few thingsd that come to mind!

• ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78

I'm using windows xp and I don't have dx10.  How do you launch/patch as administrator?

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

You don't have to worry about Administrator as that's a Windows Vista / Windows 7 thing.

In Xp your just fine to launch as any normal game.

Do you have the minimum requirements?

Alganon Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

CPU: 2.4GHz

RAM: 2GB

Hard Drive: 4GB

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Video: nVidia 6xxx, ATI x800 minimum with latest drivers

Internet: DSL, Cable, or other broadband connection

Alganon Recommended System Requirements

Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

CPU: 3GHz (Dual or Quad core CPU)

RAM: 4GB

Hard Drive: 6GB

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Video: nVidia 9 series or higher, ATI 3000HD series or higher

Internet: DSL, Cable, or other broadband connection

Even at minimum requirements I had the same issue that you're having when I started to play Alganon back in Oct. 2009.  That is when I was able to log in at all.  I finally had to buy a new motherboard & CPU so I could play.  I'm at the Recommended System Requirements now.  Don't know what it is about this game but it kind of reminds me of Horizons' in Tazoon and the constant memory leaks in that game.

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78

Thanks - I'll check this out when I get home - I'm running Lotro without any problems.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Shortspell

Thanks - I'll check this out when I get home - I'm running Lotro without any problems.

You can't compare commercial software written by professional developers to a hobbyist production like Alganon.

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98

Just wait for Mr. Smart to reply. He probably won't solve your problem, but he will happily tell you "Bye Bye!!"

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

Alganon runs like hell on my old Pentium 4 (it runs okay on low settings), but my new rig (with an intel core i3 chip or whatever with a 9800 GTX card installed) runs it on max settings with no hiccups and the game looks very nice. My wife's lower-end dual core laptop with an on-board GMA chip runs the game okay, but will occasionally cause entire models to disappear. We were grouped and she couldn't see the quest giver I was talking to, it was pretty funny.

Well, except for the part about how I am now forced to buy her a new rig. That part's costing me just a bit.....

Anyway, it's a good game, but I definitely reccommend you make sure you have the latest drivers and (most importantly!) a decent computer. 

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)