Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think the will flop for a few reasons.

Comments

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by downtoearth

Originally posted by Xianthos

Are these 50 vs 50 rounds or only 100 people in social zone?

What does it offer besides "FPS"? Yeah customisation fluff, but i doubt that is a reason to play the game.

This strategy reminds the way Global Agenda went, except they want from start on subscription ...

the game is more like Co than global agenda but its all pvp instead of pve its 100 people poor any zone instance to prevent over crowding.

global agenda is like BF2. APB is diffent just trust me

Ofc its different...its worse.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Originally posted by paterah

Originally posted by Xianthos

Are these 50 vs 50 rounds or only 100 people in social zone?

What does it offer besides "FPS"? Yeah customisation fluff, but i doubt that is a reason to play the game.

This strategy reminds the way Global Agenda went, except they want from start on subscription ...

the game is more like Co than global agenda but its all pvp instead of pve its 100 people poor any zone instance to prevent over crowding.

global agenda is like BF2. APB is diffent just trust me

Ofc its different...its worse.

cant compare them they dont even play the same

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by Calind0r

First off its not a true MMO, its a CO game (similar to Guild Wars), the Payment method is ridiculous, this is not the kind of game you want to pay a subscription for, it's a game you want to have on your shelf that you can start it up and play it any time you want without have to worry about setting up a subscription...I personally don't think it's the type of game like World of Warcraft where you can put your life into it...It seems like they are just throwing a subscription on top of the game because they can...

I think too many people will be pushed away by a subscription system for this, and the game doesn't have enough hype going for it to get a healthy population otherwise.

You forgot one:

Because I, Calind0r, want it to flop.

If people don't want something to fail, it typically never does. Your push for failure might be the very last bit needed to push it over the edge.

Stand firm in your beliefs and desires!

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

One reason this will NOT be a flop. LOL my wife was watching a video I was watching (mind you shes not a gamer nor has played any mmos), and she said to me "Damn that looks like a lot of fun, id play that'. Now coming from a Non gamer,and one who is not into mmos/mmog ,honestly tells me something. and your right if people want something to fail more times than not it can or will. people are just affraid of change OR affraid to many people will leave there game,to the point of no return.

• PretaPreta Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by zaylin

One reason this will NOT be a flop. LOL my wife was watching a video I was watching (mind you shes not a gamer nor has played any mmos), and she said to me "Damn that looks like a lot of fun, id play that'. Now coming from a Non gamer,and one who is not into mmos/mmog ,honestly tells me something. and your right if people want something to fail more times than not it can or will. people are just affraid of change OR affraid to many people will leave there game,to the point of no return.

lucky for rtw, the game does make for good videos.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by Calind0r

I think too many people will be pushed away by a subscription system for this, and the game doesn't have enough hype going for it to get a healthy population otherwise.

High greens fees keeps houligans off the golf course too, if you can't pay the fees young blood you might just not be wanted.

That's just a joke by the way. The sub fee is only nine dollars a month so it's less than most p2p mmos out.

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

Originally posted by Howard22

I don't understand.   I mean i know people on the internet are completely retarded, but im not understanding the issue regarding payment.   I pay $14.99 for SWG right now cause its the only MMO I actually have fun playing right now.  But APB has it so you can pay for hours of gameplay, or you can play $9.99 a month for a subscription.   So APB is $5 cheaper than the standard right now, and people are complaining?   Like im really at a loss of words.  You pay LESS than WoW or anyother MMO out there.  Am I missing something.  Could someone explain it to me?

you're a small fish in a big pond

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

There is one thing I can say for this game, it seems to have the most incredible character creation system I have ever seen.

The problem is that , for me at least, I think it will turn out like my experience with CIty of Heroes and Champions Online....

It's a whole lot more fun creating the characters than actually playing them. I could be wrong, but that's my hunch. 

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549

I'm playing it.

I like customizing things.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Vhaln

Originally posted by Phry

sadly i get bored with just shooters

and their being a better shooter is pure opinion... and, as has already been stated. APB isnt just a shooter.. thankfully.. i see APB as being a hell of a lot more fun, and thats the only important point to consider imo..  i'll be buying it as soon as it hits the shops!

What is APB besides a shooter?  Aside from the customization - or is that all it takes to make it more than "just a shooter?"

Well you can write and share music, visit clubs etc... It has a whole social side as well.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

There is one thing I will say, Red Dead Redemption. While it's not a persistent world, with a persistent persona. It does offer very similar gameplay. At least when referring to it's multiplayer functionality. Seemingly of course as I've yet to play either. I have followed them both closely though.

RDR has no monthly fee which if it weren't for that I might go with APB. I already have a sub based MMO I plan on playing for quite some time in AOC. Which means it's RDR for me, I'll get my shooting, and criminal fixes from that I'm sure. If APB were free I'd definitely go with it.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Originally posted by Malickie

There is one thing I will say, Red Dead Redemption. While it's not a persistent world, with a persistent persona. It does offer very similar gameplay. At least when referring to it's multiplayer functionality. Seemingly of course as I've yet to play either. I have followed them both closely though.

RDR has no monthly fee which if it weren't for that I might go with APB. I already have a sub based MMO I plan on playing for quite some time in AOC. Which means it's RDR for me, I'll get my shooting, and criminal fixes from that I'm sure. If APB were free I'd definitely go with it.

I'll definitly play both. I don't think it's all black and white on this one. Though similar, both games offer something interresting and different. RDR offers something called "Free roam" in its multiplayer, which could be compared to APB, trick is, it's only 16 players... In a freaking huge map... Not saying it won't be fun, like I said, I'll play both. I've preordered RDR and can't wait for next week to get my hands on it.

APB, on the other hand, offers 100 persons in a somewhat confined space. A lot of customisation. Group-oriented, fast-paced, skill-based combat...

I'll play APB and I'll just stop subscribing if I ever get bored. They offer an interresting payment model, lower than most of the other MMOs out there.

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Malickie

Only for consoles...if on pc id hit it hard

Originally posted by Kebeck

I'll definitly play both. I don't think it's all black and white on this one. Though similar, both games offer something interresting and different. RDR offers something called "Free roam" in its multiplayer, which could be compared to APB, trick is, it's only 16 players... In a freaking huge map... Not saying it won't be fun, like I said, I'll play both. I've preordered RDR and can't wait for next week to get my hands on it.

APB, on the other hand, offers 100 persons in a somewhat confined space. A lot of customisation. Group-oriented, fast-paced, skill-based combat...

I'll play APB and I'll just stop subscribing if I ever get bored. They offer an interresting payment model, lower than most of the other MMOs out there.

Yeah I should have added a both option to that. Honestly if it weren't for the fact I'm already subbed to a game I would most likely play both.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97

**RANT ON** The sky is falling, the sky is falling...........all the chicken littles need to shut their pie holes, if you don't want to play it then don't. Getting really tired of post after post on every game that has come out since WOW about how it's gonna fail. Grow up and go play what you like and stop bashing everything else. **RANT OFF**

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

But if we didn't have the people bashing the game AND the people fawning all over it, we'd all be, like, you know... let's have vanilla ice cream and sing Kumbaya.  How is that any fun?

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    I kept giving this game a chance in beta and I just uninstalled the beta as well.  It is just so repetitive there is nothing groundbreaking at all.  You keep spraypainting stuff or breaking into the same old things over and over and over.
    Not close to worth $10 a month....

Play with a bunch of friends and I would hazard a guess you'd enjoy the game a hell of a lot.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

There IS an NDA people, it seems like half of you don't even know or care about breaking it by telling us of your experiences in the game.

If you want to tell people about how you feel, do it in the feedback section of the beta boards and they might just actually pick up some of that to help the game instead of destroy it.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• tinman00tinman00 Member Posts: 18

will find out what it's like in open beta, the major concerns i have are

if the game has so many custom options (which make it look great) then if i am on a mission and i run in to a group of 15 people all with heavly desgined cars and shirts/everything else then will the game have a lag problem trying to get all the custom desgins or igore the graphics making the whole custom side a moot point.  Will see how the game deal with that issue when it comes open beta.

Where the servers are based could also be a major problem for me. As it's a fps at heart so ping times matter alot more than in other mmos.

also will be nice to see how they have done the pvp side of the game e.g if i am in a gang/socitey/guild can we control area and what does it mean to control space and what do we get for doing it (i know it's the game is instanced hence why it will be nice to see how they pull it off for me)  my biggest fear for the pvp side of the game is if they have just done it so you take a mission and once thats done it has no real effect so in a few mins after the mission is over no one could tell that they was a blood bath in that area

• XxeonXxeon Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by tinman00

will find out what it's like in open beta, the major concerns i have are

if the game has so many custom options (which make it look great) then if i am on a mission and i run in to a group of 15 people all with heavly desgined cars and shirts/everything else then will the game have a lag problem trying to get all the custom desgins or igore the graphics making the whole custom side a moot point.  Will see how the game deal with that issue when it comes open beta.

Where the servers are based could also be a major problem for me. As it's a fps at heart so ping times matter alot more than in other mmos.

also will be nice to see how they have done the pvp side of the game e.g if i am in a gang/socitey/guild can we control area and what does it mean to control space and what do we get for doing it (i know it's the game is instanced hence why it will be nice to see how they pull it off for me)  my biggest fear for the pvp side of the game is if they have just done it so you take a mission and once thats done it has no real effect so in a few mins after the mission is over no one could tell that they was a blood bath in that area

cough doing just fine at 200 ping at 400 tho you can really tell there is only one hit box. so its not quite like say halo or something

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Game won't flop.

It wasn't good to begin with.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

I'm not in the beta, but I have witnessed people playing the game. I will be buying this game and I hope Realtime Worlds keep building upon what they have created. This game is not perfect (eg. sloppy vehicle movement), but we haven't seen a perfect MMO for several years. GTA IV was a fun multiplayer game but this goes beyond that with superior graphics, great avatar customization and virtual ownership (cars). Now if they keep building upon the pvp missions and make them more eventful, this should be alot of fun to play. My only concern is the subscription model - does this game have enough variety to keep people paying monthly?

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

APB will — flop...

Reasons why will come in due time...

Well, thanks to hacker by the name of Helios, RTW may as well just close the doors on APB.

Yes. I´m afraid Rhoklaw is correct. I´ve been playing the BETA now for a while and you know at once when someone is using aimbots. They can hit you in the head from over 200m while your running over and over again. It´s ridiculous. If it happens one time OK. Anyone can get lucky or have SOME skills. But them shooting you in the head as soon as you peak around the corners is just lame and takes away all the joy in the game. If RTW don´t fix so the the cheaters get caught they game will fall. And it will fall hard. To bad cause it´s one hell of a game when you play with honest people.

• PretaPreta Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Yes. I´m afraid Rhoklaw is correct. I´ve been playing the BETA now for a while and you know at once when someone is using aimbots. They can hit you in the head from over 200m while your running over and over again. It´s ridiculous. If it happens one time OK. Anyone can get lucky or have SOME skills. But them shooting you in the head as soon as you peak around the corners is just lame and takes away all the joy in the game. If RTW don´t fix so the the cheaters get caught they game will fall. And it will fall hard. To bad cause it´s one hell of a game when you play with honest people.

apb doesnt have headshots, but it does have huge hitboxes so that its more forgiving of lag and such. 

sometimes aimbots reduce spread tho, and that makes some guns ridiculously brutal.  dunno if thats the case with apb.  might not be possible, depends on how its coded.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Originally posted by Preta

Originally posted by Lahuzer

apb doesnt have headshots, but it does have huge hitboxes so that its more forgiving of lag and such. 

sometimes aimbots reduce spread tho, and that makes some guns ridiculously brutal.  dunno if thats the case with apb.  might not be possible, depends on how its coded.

Ohh it´s there alright. There even was a video out there showing it but it has been taken down. So there are aimbots already ingame and it´ll be a huge problem if they don´t adress it and get rid of the cheaters. And one shoot your dead is just the same as headshots. ;)