Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Guild SERVER: Seradon

Comments

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

So far I really love the trial island I really concider buying.

My name is Meriadan on Seradon. How I join you guys?

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Izork

So far I really love the trial island I really concider buying.

My name is Meriadan on Seradon. How I join you guys?

Just click "O" and see who is on in After Hours. I'll be playing the majority of the day as far as I know currently and so you can look me up on Splinki, Cyrsi or Talulabelle.

I can only invite ON Splinki, but I have no qualms about getting on her to invite someone, if I'm on another char. :P

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Just got off the "Isle" and went straight to Veskals. 

Is this where most of the guild is going after the island?  Just want to get an idea of where to find most of the guildmates when I get on.

I liked the quests in this area, least buggy.   Plus, the majority can be soloed.  Once you finish here you can head over to the QA Riverbanks and start those quests with the hunters quests.  Like them so much more than those on the mainland.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by NovaKayne

Just got off the "Isle" and went straight to Veskals. 

Is this where most of the guild is going after the island?  Just want to get an idea of where to find most of the guildmates when I get on.

I liked the quests in this area, least buggy.   Plus, the majority can be soloed.  Once you finish here you can head over to the QA Riverbanks and start those quests with the hunters quests.  Like them so much more than those on the mainland.

Well, I tend to be all over. I did veskals for a bit but now I'm on the other continent. Still, if I'm on and players want to group for something I'm game. Especially because there are some quests in Veskals that either require a group or group is strongly suggested. I have to admit haivng a dread knight allows me to do many of these quests solo but I have no problem doing them again and again if need be.

I was on until very late tonight (er, this morning). I think I'll be on tonight but if so it will also be later. Still the idea is to build a criticla mass of people who can find each other if they want to group.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I'll be on tonight as well if anyone wants to say Hello. I'm still on the isle, but once I complete all 3 spheres to 10.. I'll be headed to the mainland.. name in game is Zaryth Tovandez. You've probably already seen me in Isle of the Dawn chat lol.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

I'm Willibald in game.  Have already joined the guild and having a good time so far.  Just need to finish up crafting sphere and I'll be off the isle.  Should be on later tonight.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Update from Monday 5/10/10:

The guild from mmorpg.com is up to 62 players at 12am CST.  I am now completely floored.  Have had full groups running and having more fun that I have had in at least a few years playing MMOs.  Greatest thing is that everyone is still low level and looking to run some fun lower level content.   You can find us in the guild recruitment tab under the "After Hours" guild.  I know some of you have been looking for us in the early daytime.  I have tried to put officers in place that can meet those recruiting demands.  I will, and never will be able to play in the daytime however so I will leave that to others. 

We are definately looking for even more players.  Looking for some: MNK, DRU, PSI, SOR, and NEC for sure.

THanks,

Vikin 

Originally posted by Letsinod

The guild from mmorpg.com is up to 62 players at 12am CST.  I am now completely floored.  Have had full groups running and having more fun that I have had in at least a few years playing MMOs.  Greatest thing is that everyone is still low level and looking to run some fun lower level content.   You can find us in the guild recruitment tab under the "After Hours" guild.  I know some of you have been looking for us in the early daytime.  I have tried to put officers in place that can meet those recruiting demands.  I will, and never will be able to play in the daytime however so I will leave that to others. 

We are definately looking for even more players.  Looking for some: MNK, DRU, PSI, SOR, and NEC for sure.

THanks,

Vikin 

Did you get my message regarding Mike B.'s offer to help us get word out?

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

THanks,

Vikin 

Wow, impressive! I'll be joining you guys in a few days. I have a level 10 Paladin but I'm not really sure I want to play him. 

I almost always play heavy tanks in MMOs, but I've found casters in Vanguard are actually fun. Which would be better, pure damage sorc, or necro (no idea what they do)? 

Originally posted by Garvon3

THanks,

Vikin 

Wow, impressive! I'll be joining you guys in a few days. I have a level 10 Paladin but I'm not really sure I want to play him. 

I almost always play heavy tanks in MMOs, but I've found casters in Vanguard are actually fun. Which would be better, pure damage sorc, or necro (no idea what they do)? 

from my extremely limited experience, sorcerers do a lot of damage and are extremely squishy. Necros, at some point, get to take parts from bodies and graft them to their abominations to add functionality. It's not a graphical thing but you can seemingly add more armor or perhaps some other way to add value. They have some neat spells.

• KuriakosKuriakos Member Posts: 27

I've started playing as well.  I bought the collector's edition when the game first came out and didn't have a system that could handle the game at the time.  I now do and I am leveling up a ranger.  Reminds me of the old EQ ranger and I'm enjoying it.  His name is Belthane and I do play in the evening times so I will be hitting you guys up soon.

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107

Wow , cant believe that this many people are playing from this post, Awesome.  I have been waiting to come back to the game for some time now, I will try and get in tonight and join you all.  I have a few toons started already that i could join up. 35 cleric, 29 Druid and a 24 Shaman.  This is one of the best games out, I wish more people would give it a try.  It seems like this post did a good job with that. 

Originally posted by Garvon3

THanks,

Vikin 

I like the Necro and I have one now Bregarius.  The sorc and the necro are great DPS.  Sorc being mainly burst dps and Necro more DoT related. 

Sorc is a touchy class to play if you do not watch your damage output.  Tanks will have a hard time pulling aggro off if you go out there and just nuke to hell and back.  Not so much at the early levels but, it becomes apparent around 15+ in groups with multiple mobs pulled.  As stated, they are extremly squishy!!  IMO, gnome or Dark Elf make the best sorc.  Gnome for their Intel bonus and Dark Elf for the spell damage bonus from Halifur Pet.

Necro is a great solo class as well as group.  Lots of DoT and DPS and debuffs.  Pet can tank and is a good off tank for some aggro areas.  However, pets tend to be a bit cumbersome in groups and some dungeons.  Thier pathing can pull in mobs you do not want so, you have to be carefull.  They are definately a class that takes some getting used too.  Pets get graphs that you cultivate from mobs starting around lvl 10.  These add DPS, procs, and bonuses to speed and health and AC of the pet.  A pet with a good set of graphs can tank for you without issue.  That and around lvl 19 you get a quest to get Feign Death.  An AWESOME ability for the pet class and survivability of the group.  Just make sure healers give you their rez stones.

Bascially anything outside of a Pali, War, or Dk require you to really pay attention to aggro.  Healing is pretty much aggro sauce if done without concideration to aggro or having a tank that knows what they are doing.  DPS can pull a mob in no time if they do not moderate the amount of damage they are doing.  Any class takes some real attention to detail to be a productive member of the group.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• kenbowmanukkenbowmanuk Member Posts: 2

Hi

Are any of the guild UK based? Would love to give this game another try but the killer for me previously has been lack of people to play with and if everyone is playing US time this isnt really going to change. Great idea to start up a guild from here and glad to see that the numbers are going up and up.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

I've got tammah in guild - decided to try the warrior class after a few false starts. Casting/hybrid is not for me - I prefer to be right in there on the mob mixing it up if I'm not tanking!

Also gonna try talking my boyfriend into joining.

Pretty fun crew in the guild IMHO.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

To those looking for invites during the day, look for Cyrsi or Splinki. I'm usually on either one of those and you can see if I'm on via the recruitment page. Just whisper me, or say something in the mmorpg chat channel. :)

I am so happy to see such a great turnout, it gives me hope that we can rekindle this! So far so good. :) The game is drastically changed for the better, in my opinion, since launch. Hoping that you guys all enjoy yourselves enough to stick around. :)

• Just made my new character that I am going to focus on. Just pm'ed Cyrsi so hopefully I'm in the guild soon.

And for those EU players who have posted here, I'm from eu too, so there seems to be a few of us. Come have a look and see if there isn't enough people to make it work :) 

Dilph Halfling Druid

Originally posted by saxifr

I've got tammah in guild - decided to try the warrior class after a few false starts. Casting/hybrid is not for me - I prefer to be right in there on the mob mixing it up if I'm not tanking!

The Warrior really shines with Dual Wield.  Also, I found they do a huge burst damage when pulling with a bow or crossbow.  Keep that in mind.

The Half Giant and Orc make great warriors if you can get by the butt ugliness of em.  Otherwise you will not be gimped by playing Human.  Humans get the most points to spend but, no racial bonuses for any particular stat.

That goes for everyone else too.  Stats for Humans are flexible.  Basically what another class gets in racial stats a human class can almost match.  These makes them very versatile on all of the classes.  Some races get special bonuses and some times 1 more point in a stat that a human can match.  This makes them slightly better though at the higher level where your 50 extra con or str or int will be felt.  THe lower levels it will barely phase you.

For casters I like the Dark Elf or Gnome.  The Gnome gets a huge bonus on intel with some crytal thingies I have never toyed with and the Dark Elf gets a spell damage bonus from its Halifur pet starting at level 12 or so. 

Those have been the ones I have done the most investigation on as to what benefits the best.

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

After talking with my wife we are going to join up as well, I was playing on the Xeth Server going am going to reroll on Seradon, I will be playing a Ranger named either Arturien or Artorus (Depending what is available).

I look forward to seeing you all tonight.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by NovaKayne

Originally posted by saxifr

The Warrior really shines with Dual Wield.  Also, I found they do a huge burst damage when pulling with a bow or crossbow.  Keep that in mind.

The Half Giant and Orc make great warriors if you can get by the butt ugliness of em.  Otherwise you will not be gimped by playing Human.  Humans get the most points to spend but, no racial bonuses for any particular stat.

That goes for everyone else too.  Stats for Humans are flexible.  Basically what another class gets in racial stats a human class can almost match.  These makes them very versatile on all of the classes.  Some races get special bonuses and some times 1 more point in a stat that a human can match.  This makes them slightly better though at the higher level where your 50 extra con or str or int will be felt.  THe lower levels it will barely phase you.

For casters I like the Dark Elf or Gnome.  The Gnome gets a huge bonus on intel with some crytal thingies I have never toyed with and the Dark Elf gets a spell damage bonus from its Halifur pet starting at level 12 or so. 

Those have been the ones I have done the most investigation on as to what benefits the best.

I went with one of the qathalaians or however you say it for the invulnerability. He is TEH HAWT and he can also be invulernable too!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253

I played at launch and got a pally to 50 within the first couple months and have also been intrigued with the game since then. I did come back a few times but nothing longer than a few days up to a week or two. Seeing this thread today made me download the game and start up a new character only on a trial account. I'll be rolling a psy named Scyes

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

would love to come join you guys, am i too behind the level curve now if i start from scratch?

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253

Thats what I'm doing. Just started a psionicist.

A lot of the good content starts at 20.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by vesavius

would love to come join you guys, am i too behind the level curve now if i start from scratch?

Someone may want to correct me but the whole point of this guild is that VG's low population has made us all 'behind the curve'  - so this guild has been created for mmorpg readers who want to experience VG but previously couldn't, due to the pop issue. So in essence, this is a leveling guild- the perfect place if you want the VG experience but don't want the low population experience.

There are many in the guild already planning and executing some of the major quest lines for VG's lower levels. We have many folks who know the content well, and others with 'old' main toons to help when a mentor situation would be helpful.

Personally, I will help run folks through lower content on a regular basis, I believe that is the plan for the leaders as well.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Zorgo

Originally posted by vesavius

Someone may want to correct me but the whole point of this guild is that VG's low population has made us all 'behind the curve'  - so this guild has been created for mmorpg readers who want to experience VG but previously couldn't, due to the pop issue. So in essence, this is a leveling guild- the perfect place if you want the VG experience but don't want the low population experience.

Thats cool, I was just wondering if others in the guild would be near me lvl wise still, otherwise it would just be the same as being solo I guess...

Anyhoo... patching while I write this, so i guess I will see soon enough ;)