Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beauty at First Glance

bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Below you will find 7 screenshots that will make you drool in anticipation for this gorgeous looking game image

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390

Comments

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

I am totally in love with this game,

graphics - awesome

combat (from what i've seen so far) - awesome

world - awesome, i mean, ENORMOUS cities, open world !

barely clothed females - don't deny it, its pleasant to see even tho its p1x3ls   :D

• Feather5Feather5 Member Posts: 90

All aboard the hype train.....  image

Ex. myth of soma, legend of mir, mu online and eudemons online player.

Current game : Runescape (until pc build is complete)

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Man, I'm still hoping to see a FGT invite...they said they'd be sent today, but not later than tomorrow. C'mon C'mon C'mon!!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

Originally posted by skeaser

Man, I'm still hoping to see a FGT invite...they said they'd be sent today, but not later than tomorrow. C'mon C'mon C'mon!!

I told myself I wouldn't get hyped up about the possibility of getting a FGT invite... but it happend anyway...

*goes and checks inbox for 234582347593rd time today*

...darn...

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
  • Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? You know you're gonna hate it after the free 30 days are over after release.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by bronecar

Below you will find 7 screenshots that will make you drool in anticipation for this gorgeous looking game image

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390

Actually the screenshots are nothing special. Looks like Lineage2 or something. And looking at the characters - faces, body shapes, armor, weapons -  it seems like it's another one of million of those asian mmos. I hate to be sceptical about yet another mmorpg to come... At least the combat looks interesting.

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

Originally posted by Toquio3

You know you're gonna hate it after the free 30 days are over after release.

If you can predict my future... will I win the lottery tomorrow?  I bought a ticket!!!

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
  • biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

no

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

solo game always looked good!its when you try to go from solo to multiplayer the trouble start and when your try to go from multiplayer to MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER then more often then not all hell brake looseand they have to drop from MASSIVE to just multiplayer !

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I cant get across the faq that all warrior class have a huge stereotype RPG broad sword of Cloud from Final fantazy. Female come from hentai animes, but turned in 3d. No doubt this game is so overhyped. I bet it wont be good and ppl will come back complaining about the game after a month after open beta or something.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

I cant get across the faq that all warrior class have a huge stereotype RPG broad sword of Cloud from Final fantazy. Female come from hentai animes, but turned in 3d. No doubt this game is so overhyped. I bet it wont be good and ppl will come back complaining about the game after a month after open beta or something.

No.

I hyped Aion and i play it now 7 Months.

Quit after Beta?No Chance.6 Months minimum or more. :)

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i would say something clever about hype, but at least this game has a good pedigree, as it did come from the guys behind L2.  which is a good game if you ignore the bot problem (i'd be playing it, at least)

edit-spelling

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

really, thats how the HATE starts, someone looks at beautiful gfx and stands on it for 2 years imagining and dreaming features that will never come out, and then the real game cames out they lash a fury of thing out of their imaginaton.

I am expecting Tera to be an awsome game by its promissed features and got a lil turned down by the over "anime thing" they are puting on it, however as more and more announcements come with instanced open worlds, bgs, i am becoming more cynical to their so announced "westernization".

thanks for the attention.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Although the character graphics look gorgeous, I think its a relatively poor use of assets.  Things like normal maps and higher resolution textures can only go so far.  When you pull the camera back to the distance you play at, all those details become washed out and it looks like a flat color with TERAs artistic shaders.

You can see the individual stitches of fabric on characters, but the environment looks poorly done.  I think the resources could have been better utilized.  It seems they wanted to sell the game so they put all their resources into hot looking characters while taking screenshots that don't represent the actual game.  Just by looking at it, you can tell the characters are in the 4 to 8k poly range.  Imagine if the characters were 2048 polies, and the million poly difference was spent on the environment with foliage and grass sprites.

I think the aspect missing from the graphics is taking into consideration screen space in regards to textures and normal maps.  A normal map is atleast twice as large as a diffuse map.  Eliminated this map or reducing it will free up alot of resources for other areas.  In the characters the normal maps do very little effect, but on the large buildings that look flat they can have a huge effect.  Like this picture of flat faces using properly done normal maps.