Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red dead redemption multiplayer

MuffpojkenMuffpojken Member Posts: 54

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/videos/4311#/video:4311

New gameplaytrailer just released. Check it out!

I for one can't wait for this to release... More stoaked about this than any other upcomming mmorpg.

Playing: ARMA 2
Waiting for: Darkfall: UW
Played: Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Planetside, Dark age of Camelot, EQII, WoW, SWG, FFXI and a lot more

Comments

• MuffpojkenMuffpojken Member Posts: 54

Come on people, discuss!!!! :)

Playing: ARMA 2
    Waiting for: Darkfall: UW
    Played: Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Planetside, Dark age of Camelot, EQII, WoW, SWG, FFXI and a lot more

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Looks awesome to me, MMORPG.com posse anyone? I'll be playing on PS3.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I will also be playing this on PS3.

I actually wasnt even interested in this game until recently. Looks like its going to be alot of fun. Day 1 purchase for me.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

This is so very close to the top item on my gaming wishlist. The game itself is amazing(especially since a good Old West-type game has been on the wishlist for a long time as well) but the tech behind it is really exciting. Just imagine what Rockstar could do with this same technology for a Sci-Fi Space-based game. The one thing they failed to mention in the video was how many players could exist in this "Open World" at one time but I would have to assume from the video it would be at least 100 or more.

**I guess I was way off. The actual max number for roam appears to be 16. Unfortunately this isn't some great leap forward in multiplayer-sandbox technology after all. Still looks like a lot of fun and still a Western so I'm interested, but my wishlist will only (potentially) have one item checked off. Maybe in 5-10 years they'll come out with a console capable of 100s or 1000s of players at once in an open non-RPG world.**

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

this game reminds me of this movie or vice versa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyp4Yh4EmM&feature=fvw

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

am i the only one here who still think that it shoulda been 32 players on the Multiplayer Free Roam instead of 16?

i mean the world is quite huge, and 32 sould still be enough to avoid the "shoot the 1st thing that move", 16? i wonder how long can we meet the other Hombres

i dont know how huge the world is, but if i remember correctly, it's said to be around 5x gta4's map

So What Now?

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I was surprised to hear there even was 16 players. Most I've seen in a game so far was about 6.  hopefully more beat the single player soon and get online.