Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming Indie MMO games

LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109

- The Repopulation(alpha)

What ? : The Repopulation is going to a SciFi based game that is gong to be skill based.

- Aerrevan(Beta)

What ? : Aerrevan is new Fantasy MMORPG developed by Cubeforce Media.

- Gnostaria (Alpha)

What ? : Fantasy MMO

- Islands Of War(Beta)

What ? : Fantasy MMO, developed by Neojac Entertainment.

- Haven And Heart (Alpha)

What ?: Haven & Hearth is a (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend.

**Update: Added 2 more indie games.**

Comments

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

Good lookin out. These images look good! +1 for the indies involved, would need to look closer at gameplay.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• heimer73heimer73 Member Posts: 147

Looks nice ,.. will check it out.

ty

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

They all look interesting, but why is there no company information for The Repopulation or Gnostaria, it just scares me to death when the people behind such developments remain shrouded in mystery.

Brings up horrible memories of Mourning and their scamming.

• ScalperOneScalperOne Member Posts: 281

It looks good graphically for those being into Alpha stages. With the increase off technology it will become easier to make quality games. The improvment curve of eyecandy has slumped down a bit, now the ease of technology is catching up. More good quality indie games means better games in the future.

• LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109

Originally posted by bobfish

They all look interesting, but why is there no company information for The Repopulation or Gnostaria, it just scares me to death when the people behind such developments remain shrouded in mystery.

Brings up horrible memories of Mourning and their scamming.

I think there just a group of people that made the game, no company.

Added 2 more MMO games to the list

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

The repopulation seems the most interesting out of all of those I think. Has anyone here tried ANY of these in beta?

• terumonterumon Member Posts: 25

wow those games looks nice but very common but then it games a +1 for being an Indie ^_^

• OclloOcllo Member Posts: 52

The thing that is so funny with ind MMO developers is that their games will never hit the stores, they will charge you $50, $60 and up for the download plus the monthly fee.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Ocllo

The thing that is so funny with ind MMO developers is that their games will never hit the stores, they will charge you $50, $60 and up for the download plus the monthly fee.

Doesnt matter, Ocllo.  An indie developer, CCP with EVE has been as or more successful than what most mature/established development studios have been able to garner in the past 5 years or so.  Go figure.

Anywho, Xsyon: http://www.xsyon.com/home

Grecca: http://www.grecca.net/overview.html

Rift: http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

The first one looks like fantasy too me, sertainly not sci-fi with the sword on his back and all, and the last one looks like it could have been made some twelve to fifteen years ago.

I mean it's cool if it's free to play and all but it feels like sitting and watching a silent movie from the 1920s in this day and age.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78

Thanks for taking a look at The Repopulation, we are currently reevaluating engines as Big World had an indie release and it is rumored that Hero Engine is suppose to have an annoucement sometime this month as well.  We had about 2 years into another technology before deciding to move over, hence the swords as those were early shots in Big World.

Either way, we are a long way out and a small group of individuals working on getting an MMO produced.  There are a lot of previous shots on the old engine and a lot of information about gameplay and design on the website if you are interested.  Thanks for the interest again and we look forward to posting more in the following months.

--Xerves

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Originally posted by Ocllo

Doesnt matter, Ocllo.  An indie developer, CCP with EVE has been as or more successful than what most mature/established development studios have been able to garner in the past 5 years or so.  Go figure.

Yep, there have been a great number of indie hits, even some in the mmo genre, and more to come :) It's nothing different than indie movies, like Pulp Fiction, Psycho or Apocalypse Now.

Anyway, of these screens, I like Repopulation the best, that bigworld tech engine is pretty nice. Of course it'll need gameplay ;)

Originally posted by Mellow44

sertainly not sci-fi with the sword on his back and all,

But maybe sci-fi like Star Trek or Star Wars? ;) (swords in them)

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• LeathelLeathel Member Posts: 57

Most in the Torque community will know of Repopulation. Much of Xerves technology he released to the community(I use alot of it). They did decide to move to BigWorld for the server technology but had to start pretty much from scratch. I don't think their previous Alpha even had any swords, it just a BigWorld thing probably as they build the new RPG logic to handle the guns.  It will be one of the Indie MMOs to watch.

Originally posted by Leathel

Most in the Torque community will know of Repopulation. Much of Xerves technology he released to the community(I use alot of it). They did decide to move to BigWorld for the server technology but had to start pretty much from scratch. I don't think their previous Alpha even had any swords, it just a BigWorld thing probably as they build the new RPG logic to handle the guns.  It will be one of the Indie MMOs to watch.

Oh yeah, you moved to Torque. I remember when you did that, was a good move due to your time constraints. I’m still working with the old engine(or waiting on it), but the community took a dive, and no amount of sword wielding Warrior’s ;) could clean it up. Anyway, I’m unfamiliar with Xerves technology, I guess since I‘ve spent only content creation time with torque, but yes BW is a great move if one has the money and resources to make a full release. But still, for swords, I cant recall a single sci-fi ip that didn't have them :)

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78

We make use of energy and normal physical weapons.  So you can still use normal melee weapons like swords, clubs, etc and guns are used as well (handguns, machine guns, rifles, etc).  The energy weapons make use of energy from energy tanks that is wired into the player (use it for energy weapons for power, use it as shields to block against energy weapons).  Adds another element to think about as armor and tank sizes also effect how fast the player can move and other modifiers as well.

That being said, it tends to be really hard to make it 100% realistic as something will tend to get overpowered (as the saying goes you don't bring a knife to a gun fight, but sometimes I guess you do).

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• elusivexelusivex Member Posts: 86

I have my eyes on Rift the rest I can pass.

A man or "gamer" should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

I'll have my eye them all.  I believe that for true Indie enthusiasts, mmo hopefuls that find sandboxy, player-centric virtual worlds more appealing, graphics, as long as their clean and reasonable, are not the underlying 'feature choice' of one vs the other.

• hjholahjhola Member Posts: 10

Yeah some people might troll me ... but I gotta ask  , are any/all of these games f2p ?

Originally posted by Khors

I'll have my eye them all.  I believe that for true Indie enthusiasts, mmo hopefuls that find sandboxy, player-centric virtual worlds more appealing, graphics, as long as their clean and reasonable, are not the underlying 'feature choice' of one vs the other.

Yep, spot on, graphics don't need to be the best, otherwise we would be playing shooters, right?

Gameplay is the most important, then support, community, and then graphics. Of course graphics should look like they were actually made by a graphics artist... hehe. With indie games, mainly 3D ones, they mostly have smaller teams, so graphics are more so made quickly rather than in higher detail. Quickly does not mean poorly of course, as it's easy to make tons of errors if you don't know what you are doing really. Gameplay is most imprtant though.

• fnorgbyfnorgby Member Posts: 158

I dabbled a little in Haven & Hearth.  It was a lot of fun but ultimately not my thing.  Don't let the simple graphics get in the way of trying it.

You basically start with nothing, and have to build your own tools and acquire skills to build more complex things.   It's a crafting RPG, and it's pretty deep for what it is.

I can also roleplay the tower in a chess game and shout "is that a peasant at the horizon I see? I will smash it I will! Oh damn I broke one of my merlons!". -- maji

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

I've been playing H&H for a while now and i can recommend it to everyone. Despite it being in "alpha", everyone can play, it's pretty stable and it's free, too. It's not a commercial game and probably won't be any time soon.

And it's not just a "crafting mmo", it's a proper sandbox that's only lacks real terraforming.

Btw. can you add some info on each game, f.e. if it's currently playable?

Hype train -> Reality

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Is H&H likea  multiplayer version of Dwarf Fortress with better graphics?

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403

Well our Indie MMO is coming out Fall 2012.  Check it out at http://www.worldalpha.com

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Indie company...but not releaseing until 2013 (So they say so far). In Alpha currently. http://legends-of-etherell.com/en/

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

wow .. some of the graphics look pretty bad .. very amateurish ...

i would rather play single player games.