Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawntide and Linkrealms

BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70

Anyone play these. Got both DLed going to check them out

AAHHH!!!, gotta wait for invite

Comments

• MunionMunion Member Posts: 12

I really want to try linkrealms, but yea missed the open invites, and the boards are dead.  Yet that is where you "earn" an invite nowadays i guess. 

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I wish I could get into LR.

DT i did try and its your basic indy sandbox.

Not very good but thats understandable since its low budget.

You get what you pay for.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

I got into the beta of Dawntide, made a warrior and ran out from the starter village, attacked a wild boar and got my ass handed to me and uninstalled the game.

I don't think that I belong in a sandbox game.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

Been waiting for Linkrealms since January 09 when they were opening beta registration for 20 minutes a day for about 1 week (or so it seemed).  Never opened while I was watching and there has been very little news forthcoming.  The players are very tightlipped and only post things like "something good is gonna happen soon" or "everybody get active, I know something you don't".  Problem is, how do you actively participate in discussions about a game that you have almost no information on?  Something tells me this game is probably still a couple years (at least) away from finish.

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

I'm in the LR beta and can safely say they could release tomorrow and make a ton of money. This game is unlike anything I've ever played before. It's a little boring now since no one is on (no more new testers) but the features are amazing. It's like Diablo 3 on acid. Just wait a while and you'll hear more about it. Also, it will feature the most advanced pet system to date as in, you mate your pets and create families and they skill up and stuff. Anyway...that's a conversation for another time. I don't even know if I can tell you this but the devs don't seem that tight-lipped...not like they should be anyway--I talk with them on AIM sometimes :P.

• RedbeardyarrRedbeardyarr Member UncommonPosts: 5

If they only had an option to Invert Y-Axis, I would play it. Got my beta invite, installed it and found out no Y axis invert so I stopped playing.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

I was in dawntide, it wasn't a good experieince.  I could hardly find anything to kill.  right outside the starter village it was like 1 animal per square mile, and when i was able to fight it, it disappeared under the world and proceeded to 1) kick my ass 2) as i ran very long distances.  I found an area with some skeletons, took for ever to cast and loot them.  vendors wouldnt buy any of my trash so i was stuck without any money to do anything.  gave it and honest try for about 2 weeks.....uninstalled

• Zook81Zook81 Member Posts: 96

I've played both the games.

LR is pretty cool, but apparently its going to be cash shop driven so I don't really care about the game anymore. It gives off a neat D2/UO vibe though, so if thats your thing then go for it. The dungeons are really cool and requires a ton of teamwork to get through some of them. Its also fun to stumble across other peoples "realms" and check out what they did with them. There are some really crafty people making awesome things with the limited editor.

Dawntide is in early alpha (I beleive). Because of that the game just feels "unplayble". I leveled most of the skills I used to the 60s and 70s range and didn't see much character improvement. You can pick up necromancy, summon up 3 skeletons, and do much better, killng mobs that someone without necromany couldn't do. Its a beautiful game and I feel a sense of exploriation and wonder when looking around the islands. There are neat things around but you have to check every little corner to find some of it. If you're testing that game to use it as a "free trial" peroid, then you will probably stop playing it in a few days. The people behind the game are extremely friendly and really stand behind their ideas and what they want to acheive. In the end, I have a feeling its going to be like a hybrid of EQ1 and UO. At the moment its a little hard to really judge the game.