Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Cinori Aluben CSM5 2010] – 'Fix The Little Things First'

surfsk8snowsurfsk8snow Member Posts: 76

“It takes 5 small things to make a disaster.”

Hello fellow MMORPG.com forums goers. This is to officially announce my candidacy for the CSM5 2010 to you. I've been posting here for close to 3 years now, I love this site, the articles, and the community since I started. EVE-Online has been my gaming home for 2+ years, and I love it. As most of you know it just received MMORPG.com's MMO of the Year award, which makes this election all the more important!

In case you're wondering, CSM is the "Council of Stellar Management," a group of players elected by the Eve playerbase to serve as intercessors between CCP & the players. They have a direct line of communication with CCP, and have the ability now to adjust the priorities of the development cycle for the game. I would like your vote for this responsibility.

I have a 4 page word doc, single spaced, filled with suggestions from players I've spoken to in game already. I welcome all suggestions, or questions of me. Please reply to this thread, or contact me by any means below.

My Campaign Message:

--------------

Eve is an amazing experience, that you make by your every 'little' day-to-day action. Big new features are great, but everyday gameplay could use some real tightening. From the UI to Travel; from Contracts to Jump Clones; from Missions to PvP, and Mining even... Fix the Little Things First! Tighten everyday gameplay, improve flow and efficiency, polish those previously released 'big' features... strengthen the foundation of Eve!

It's said that it only takes 5 small things to make a disaster. Those 5 seemingly little things that all worked together to make your op go south, to annoy you, to bore you to death... ruin your day of playing a game. Before you know it then, by fixing just a few little things, a synergy emerges that vastly improves the way you enjoy EVE. I'm the man to help you enjoy EVE.

We all have that one little thing that we'd really like to improve/change/fix. Something that you keep thinking, "Man, wouldn't it be nice if they..." but you never tell anyone. Tell me. I'm the man to get that little thing done.

Just A Few Little Things I'm Putting First:

1. Font Fixes- How many times have you gotten a #0 confused with a letter O, or letter D? or a #8 mixed with a letter B. #6 vs Letter G, #5 vs Letter S. Lowercase “L” with capital “i”. If not a complete font revamp, at least clearly differentiate these many potentials for confusion.

2. Targeting Improvement - Be able to stop the targeting process before it completes with a click or button – perhaps while a target is in the process of being targeted, have the nav button replace with a “stop targeting” button ...............Additionally have a “drop all targets” nav button, or at least r-click or hotkey, for use in battles where you have 8 targets  concurrently targeted (missions, fleet engagements, exploration, salvaging, looting, mining).

3. Ability to group mid & low slots.

4. Align to fleet member.

5. One of the big ones: Fixing of the “Infinite Cloak Phantoms” issue, where a pilot can sit for 23hrs afk in space cloaked, without ever being purge-able.

6. Removing longtime inactive POSs that clutter moons.

7. Improving UIs for Corp Management window, POS windows, Science windows, and more.

8. Jump Through Jump Bridge Nav Button

9. Contract Improvements - Sorting, contract forwarding, r-click option to "See Contracts for this item."

10. many many more, and more being added every day by YOU.

Check out our website, with a Bio, FAQ, Forums, and more! 

Twitter: Cinori_CSM

Vote Cinori Aluben CSM5 2010!

Cinori Aluben - CSM6 2011
Fix The Little Things First!
www.littlethingsfirst.com
EVE-Online

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

hmm, posting for 3 years and yet only 50 posts? ¬.¬

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I agree that CCP should continue to develop the features previously released but at the same time one of the big hooks of the game is that its constantly evolving through new gameplay mechanics/features.

They should Hire a team that does nothing but evolves old mechanics but at the same time focus on new stuff to keep people from getting bored.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I'd rather see ccp fix the gaping holes in their systems instead of wasting time on cosmetics, tbfh.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by batolemaeus

I'd rather see ccp fix the gaping holes in their systems instead of wasting time on cosmetics, tbfh.

Ahh, ignorance is bliss isnt it.  improving cosmetics improves the graphics engine which reduces lag, which as everyone knows is the number one issue in all mmo's

Every expansion for the last 3 years CCP have dedicated 50% of their team fixing bugs / balancing and 50% creating new content.  You really cant say fairer than that, thats a hell of a lot more than every other mmo company.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by sadeyx
    improving cosmetics improves the graphics engine which reduces lag, which as everyone knows is the number one issue in all mmo's

Thanks, i need that laugh with all the bad weather outside.

Now go do your homework on what lag is and why it has nothing to do with graphics.

• surfsk8snowsurfsk8snow Member Posts: 76

Neither cosmetics nor bugs are the primary focus for my "little things first" campaign, but rather honing, tightening, deeping... polishing if you will (the past MMORPG.com article on that word was interesting).

For a few links to parallel thought processes:

http://www.eve-tribune.com/index.php?no=5_11&page=2

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1062708&page=8

I have also updated the OP with a sample list of some of the "little things first" I'm championing.

I also welcome any and all little suggestions you have.

In regards to my post count, I don't worry so much about my epeen size with post counts. I read pretty much all the eve articles, and try to post once on them if I can. I thoroughly utilize the site, and could in no way be counted as posting somewhere I have no previous history. I enjoy being a part of this community.

EVE-Online

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

good luck man :)

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by cosy

good luck man :)

Thanks amigo. I hope I have your support. You're one of the EVE MMORPG.com posters that I respect a lot. Btw, you've got some great pics on your profile - I especially like the ones that turn ships into different RL pics, they're fantastic.

EVE-Online

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by sadeyx

hmm, posting for 3 years and yet only 50 posts? ¬.¬

That was my exact same thought.

Originally posted by surfsk8snow

In regards to my post count, I don't worry so much about my epeen size with post counts. I read pretty much all the eve articles, and try to post once on them if I can. I thoroughly utilize the site, and could in no way be counted as posting somewhere I have no previous history. I enjoy being a part of this community.

Also, I don't see any other candidates who come close to "light" but long history here.

Nor have any other candidates even made an attempt to reach you here. I care specifically about this community, as I am a part of it.

EVE-Online

• psycrospsycros Member Posts: 15

I checked out Cinori's sites.  There's no bio, no FAQ, and the forum site is barely there - its a skeleton at best.  Not exactly filling me with confidence.  I would VERY much love for somebody who has CCP's ear to push for fixing this incredibly broken game.  There is more wrong with EVE these days than there is right!!  A tiny selection of bugs both ancient and recent:

* Right-clicking on an item in an inventory randomly selects multiple items;

* Modules with undocumented penalties and incorrect stats that throw off your entire ship fitting;

* Modules that DO NOTHING!!  Yes, auto-targer, I'm looking at you!

* Modules that randomly fail to activate when fit to ship, even when there are NO grid issues;

* Overview tab profies randomly reverting to "default: standard"..

And on, and on, and on.  But the bug list pales in comparasin to the staggering number of balance and game design issues.  Some of my favorites:

* "One race to rule them all", aka the utter superiority of guided missiles and shield tanking;

* The bastard love-child of Unix and Autocad, the lost version of Windows for TI calculators, a.k.a...The UI that Time Forgot!

* Drones: CCP's greatest failure;

* Ugly, unbalanced and ridiculous ship & station models - the silent epidemic;

* Exploits and griefing as "features".

EVE could be the greatest sci-fi MMO ever, but CCP cripples it with unfixed bugs and game-shattering design flaws that could easily be addressed.  Its time the players voices were heard and CCP lived up to its claim that half its team works on existing issues.

Originally posted by psycros

I checked out Cinori's sites.  There's no bio, no FAQ, and the forum site is barely there - its a skeleton at best.  Not exactly filling me with confidence.  I would VERY much love for somebody who has CCP's ear to push for fixing this incredibly broken game.  There is more wrong with EVE these days than there is right!!  A tiny selection of bugs both ancient and recent:

EVE could be the greatest sci-fi MMO ever, but CCP cripples it with unfixed bugs and game-shattering design flaws that could easily be addressed.  Its time the players voices were heard and CCP lived up to its claim that half its team works on existing issues.

I invite you to revisit my website and forums, as they have been updated significantly within the last few days. I've been working hard at this for the past week now, with the help of a good mate, and it's shaping up quite well. A FAQ is still in order, and I'm working on that now. I hope that I may reimbue your confidence.

Your suggestions are very good, and are items that people really want to see fixed in game. I invite you to post them on our forums for discussion by fellows with your same feelings and sentiments.

You're second statement as quoted could not be more in line with my running platform.  The problem is that the current and past CSM representatives have not been addressing these types of issues AT ALL, but rather focusing on items of benefit to themselves or their alliance only. My priority is that CCP makes these little things a priority.

Voting for me would give your voice strength to CCP.

EVE-Online

FYI to all, voting for CSM begins in 2 days, this Wednesday, May5th.

I encourage you all to vote, and hope that I earn your vote.

Finally, I'm always on the lookout for new suggestions.

EVE-Online

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

I think I love you.

I mean, I'll vote for you!

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

After looking over your suggestions on the forum all but 2 of the suggestions stuck out to me as "care worthy" to me personally.

I really liked the submitted suggestion by Blank Eyes regarding hacking of abandoned poses.

However your stance on cloaks I do not support. Though the sugesstion for a new class of ship to to find cloaked ships is a good one, possibly a new useful role for assault ships or something. I would rather see 0.0 local changed to be like wormhole space and make low sec delayed 5 minutes before you show in local, leaving high sec as is.

Actually the combo of the hunter/seeker as you called it and the local changes would be a great change in my opinion. I am sure there are plenty that would disagree however.

Everything else while I don't disagree with at all I find so minor and insignificant I really don't care about.

Fonts are being worked on from what I have read so that doesn't even count in the list at all.

EVE-Online

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Are you going to address that Dust 514 needs to be released on the PC? LOL _ I am kidding. Good luck in the elections.

Every one make sure you vote!

EVE-Online

I'm actively taking new suggestions for things to implement, and if I get in, I'd be a direct window of communication from mmorpg.com aficionados to CCP.

Any particular little things you've thought of you'd like to see?

EVE-Online