Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some new DX10 screenshots I took today :)

2»

Comments

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Outside West  Bree gate:

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Beautiful environments ruined by crappy character models.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Khrymson

Here check out this DX10 Video on YouTube, however the user doesn't appear to have the best PC as its a bit choppy in most scenese, but at least you can see the power of what DX10 does to the shadows, trees, grass and water!

LOTRO Amazing Scenery 1 HD DX10

LOTRO Amazing Scenery 2 HD DX10

I am personally looking forward to DX11 before I return, and really hope that Turbine goes back and reconfigures all the textures for Tesselation.  Don't know what Tesselation is, watch these videos:
    DirectX 11, Tesselation, Unigine Heaven Benchmark

Nvidia GTX 480 - DirectX 11 Water Tesselation HD
    LotRO will look amazing with DX11. I hope they reconfigure all the textures (or, at least, all the stone textures) too.

I am holding off on a new card waiting to see if they redo all the textures for DX 11. I doubt they will but I am sure hoping for the best. I am happy withthe DX10, but darn those DX11 stone textures rock.  pun intended.

Get a Nvidia card if you do decide to upgrade. My ATI HD5870 has been an absolute nightmare to use in LotRO. DX10 client is completely unstable, I can only play under DX9. Done almost everything imaginable to get it to work, but at this point I've given up.

I have an ATI HD 4850 right now which runs it np in DX10.

Originally posted by Shastra

Beautiful environments ruined by crappy character models.

I disagree, I find the models and animations fine.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Khrymson

Here check out this DX10 Video on YouTube, however the user doesn't appear to have the best PC as its a bit choppy in most scenese, but at least you can see the power of what DX10 does to the shadows, trees, grass and water!

LOTRO Amazing Scenery 1 HD DX10

LOTRO Amazing Scenery 2 HD DX10

I am personally looking forward to DX11 before I return, and really hope that Turbine goes back and reconfigures all the textures for Tesselation.  Don't know what Tesselation is, watch these videos:

DirectX 11, Tesselation, Unigine Heaven Benchmark

Nvidia GTX 480 - DirectX 11 Water Tesselation HD

LotRO will look amazing with DX11. I hope they reconfigure all the textures (or, at least, all the stone textures) too.

I am holding off on a new card waiting to see if they redo all the textures for DX 11. I doubt they will but I am sure hoping for the best. I am happy withthe DX10, but darn those DX11 stone textures rock.  pun intended.

Get a Nvidia card if you do decide to upgrade. My ATI HD5870 has been an absolute nightmare to use in LotRO. DX10 client is completely unstable, I can only play under DX9. Done almost everything imaginable to get it to work, but at this point I've given up.

My HD5850 runs it fine.