Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Guild SERVER: Seradon

Comments

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Pretty cool to see player-based organization like this :) Unfortunately I'm on Xeth server and am already in a guild, but go you guys! :D

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I'm currently between two characters:

Cyrsi Brynan (bard) & Splinki Glixx (ranger)

Hell, I'll probably play both!

Already in the guild, but figured I'd post up here.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

Currently downloading the trial now , iv always watched this title and never given it a chance ! so here i come !

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

damn!!  You guys are gonna make me come back.  I do not have the time to play an MMO like I used too.  You mind an infrequent casual type join ya?

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• LeftDogNutLeftDogNut Member Posts: 3

Just reactivated last night and am on the Seradon Isle atm. If you see Dhenis TheMenacing say "hi".

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by LeftDogNut

Just reactivated last night and am on the Seradon Isle atm. If you see Dhenis TheMenacing say "hi".

Then there should be a counter character "George Wilson".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

looks like i'll be coming back, this sounds cool, I have three toons on seradon in thier 20's but i'll re-roll something to stay in line with eveyone else. I could use my exisiting toons to contribute some half decent gear at some point I think.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

well you guys talked me into it

vendaren    dark elf blood mage.

but i might change classes, its my first healer so lol

Look at all these awesome people coming back. I am loving it!

Originally posted by NovaKayne

damn!!  You guys are gonna make me come back.  I do not have the time to play an MMO like I used too.  You mind an infrequent casual type join ya?

I'm pretty sure no one is gonna mind if you can't play 24/7. :P Come back and enjoy yourself! :)

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Are they palnning on consolidating servers soon?

Reason I ask is that all my toons / money / junk is on Halgar...

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

They are going over how to conduct mergers right now, but in the letter of doom, Silius said the mergers would not include Halgar.  Sorry

That may or may not be the plan now, I don't know.

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Honestly I wish they'd put all servers into one. In a game with population issues that Vanguard has, there's absolutely no reason that any of us who enjoy playing this game shouldn't all be under the same roof. Not like there's not enough space in Telon for us.

People also need to get over the mind-frame of "one-server games are bad." Take EVE, for example. If anyone plays EVE, they're in the same game universe as anyone else who plays EVE. That game has no trouble being successful and expanding more.

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

The big problem with server consolidation is real-estate.  A number of players may have the same estate on different servers.  You would have to make one of them or both give up their site.

Or whatever policy they come up with.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• MGShogunMGShogun Member Posts: 10

Hi, I just start playing Vanguard on trial. I'm on Seradon server. 

I'm just wondering if it's normal if quest text appear to have all ink smear all over it. I did first couple of quests and it looks like someone had spill the ink on quest text so it was bit hard for me to read. 

Also, this game kinda lag for me a little bit regarding on WASD movement but I find the experience to be rather enjoyable. 

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I should have figured there'd be  a reason the name of the guild is After Hours...

Downloading through the night then if its raining.... i wont be at work and in game , look out for me CriBz ill be the one shouting for help! ;)

• maninacanmaninacan Member Posts: 21

If you all have questions or need help with something ping Jalent or Arakiss in-game.  VG has a ton to offer if you get just two or three friends to group up with.  There is solo-stuff to do, but any MMO is boring (to me) if all you do is solo.  There is a lot of stuff 'hidden' in VG so don't be afraid to ask someone!

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

You can do /petition and request a free server transfer.

No, smeared quest text is abnormal.  You may check your video driver or try a /flush command or /flushall.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Just a update for anyone who is fence sitting.  The mmorpg.com guild now has about 25-30 people.  We are always looking to add more.  We are looking for new or returning players who are lower level.  I am playing mostly late at night but there should now be enough guild recruiters to get someone invited.  Unfortunately, I don't play on Saturdays when there should be more people joining.  However, there is now a After Hours recruitment page in the main looking for guild tab.  It should show who is on and available. 

Frankly, I have been a bit overwhelmed at the response.  All you hear is this game has no people, blah blah blah.  That has hardly been the case. 

I hope to see you on Sunday night.

Vikin

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by Letsinod

Just a update for anyone who is fence sitting.  The mmorpg.com guild now has about 25-30 people.  We are always looking to add more.  We are looking for new or returning players who are lower level.  I am playing mostly late at night but there should now be enough guild recruiters to get someone invited.  Unfortunately, I don't play on Saturdays when there should be more people joining.  However, there is now a After Hours recruitment page in the main looking for guild tab.  It should show who is on and available. 

Frankly, I have been a bit overwhelmed at the response.  All you hear is this game has no people, blah blah blah.  That has hardly been the case. 

I hope to see you on Sunday night.

Vikin

This.

Game is so much fun now. At least with just a few people.

Originally posted by maninacan

If you all have questions or need help with something ping Jalent or Arakiss in-game.  VG has a ton to offer if you get just two or three friends to group up with.  There is solo-stuff to do, but any MMO is boring (to me) if all you do is solo.  There is a lot of stuff 'hidden' in VG so don't be afraid to ask someone!

Cheers for the heads up , Im having trouble launching the client properly at the minute , im playing through a Samsung TV and the game client launches in a Video resolution my TV doesn't support . Iv changed the game files but they keep resetting back to default when i launch ....... ill get there in the end though =)

SCRAP THAT near enough as soon as i type that i sort it =)

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

This sounds like a fantastic way to experience the game again. Through my few, short encounters with VG, I was pretty much exclusively playing alone. I enjoyed the combat system and the class variety (reminded me of my EQ days), but the lack of player interaction was a bit depressing.

This thread has definitely piqued my interest though, so I might be getting another trial account started tonight.

I'll look for you guys as soon as I get in-game :)

I'll be on today between Splinki, Talulabelle & Cyrsi if anyone needs an invite, just holler.

Please be aware that trialer's cannot join guilds, but you can still join the mmorpg chat which is /join MMORPG, I believe. :)

• coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

wow it looks like you guys are really making this happen. I may have to drop in while I got few days left on my sub and see if any of you would be on during my available playtime which is us est. I have all my previous characters on xeth but I never got any over lvl 16 anyway so I don't mind a fresh start from the looks of the listing that vanguard players has it seems most are either tanks or clerics. I did favor the dreadknight in my last stint in vanguard so I wouldn't mind rolling one of those again I gave up on the necro as the class still feels broken to me at least the pet does but I may choose something else altogether.

I"ll start on the iod as I like the items you get there if you complete evreything and I'll try to contact you in game when I'm on later today. I'm very casual and don't have a lot of hours to play each week but if the guild is mainly just to have a pool of people for help as everyone levels at their own pace and doesn't turn into a powerleveling guild or one that is only into "phat loot" or get's stuck in the raiding treadmill I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. I always wanted to see more of vg's content while it's still around as I doubt we'll see many or even any more mmo's like it again based on what's out there now and what I see being developed.

Originally posted by coldandnumb

wow it looks like you guys are really making this happen. I may have to drop in while I got few days left on my sub and see if any of you would be on during my available playtime which is us est. I have all my previous characters on xeth but I never got any over lvl 16 anyway so I don't mind a fresh start from the looks of the listing that vanguard players has it seems most are either tanks or clerics. I did favor the dreadknight in my last stint in vanguard so I wouldn't mind rolling one of those again I gave up on the necro as the class still feels broken to me at least the pet does but I may choose something else altogether.

I"ll start on the iod as I like the items you get there if you complete evreything and I'll try to contact you in game when I'm on later today. I'm very casual and don't have a lot of hours to play each week but if the guild is mainly just to have a pool of people for help as everyone levels at their own pace and doesn't turn into a powerleveling guild or one that is only into "phat loot" or get's stuck in the raiding treadmill I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. I always wanted to see more of vg's content while it's still around as I doubt we'll see many or even any more mmo's like it again based on what's out there now and what I see being developed.

Hey Coldandnumb,

I play during EST and usually all day, if I'm not working (I work from home, but cant work & play!)

There are a decent number of us in the guild now, 29 to be precise and some trialers in the channel considering (most will be, so I gather) subbing, so... yep, its really happening.

Let me or any of the other recruiters know if you decide you want in! :) I should be on all day today, unless something comes up.