Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i just had to post this

huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

since i have the station pass i thought i would give swg a go again . so i made my charector and started the tutorial . within 2 minutes of me starting i got a tell from a gold seller .

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by huntersam

since i have the station pass i thought i would give swg a go again . so i made my charector and started the tutorial . within 2 minutes of me starting i got a tell from a gold seller .

Yes, its annoying.  You can prevent it by removing yourself from the character search tool by typing /anon.  The search tool is a great way for other players to know that you are interested in specific activities though, I mark my characters as interested in Heroic Encounters and players are able to find me in the search tool and they send me tells to join their group.

I've been nagging the Devs to put this in: Game Play Focus: SPAM Prevention  It's on their list of things to get done but they haven't started on it yet.  There is a "Warden" program in place where volunteer players report and silence credit spammers as they receive spam, but this is a reactive service and the spammer can hit almost everyone on the search tool before they hit a Warden.

Another workaround is to add black a sentance colourisation for the word ".com".  I've done this and it hides the text of the spam tells, so I know which ones are worth reading.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by huntersam

It's common in most MMOs mate. Just ignore em.

• SWGmodAlphaSWGmodAlpha Member Posts: 126

LOL, I was expecting you to post next, "So I quit.".

Gold / credit sellers will be around until microtransactions take all their business away.

Mark my words, trading card games and microtransactions will become the new third party market wholely controlled by the MMO makers.