Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope Age of Conan is good for RP

Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Im thinking of getting Age of Conan and I dont know how it will work with RP...I havent played a good game that has alot of RP since Ultima Online...And I am Missing the RP...So please give me some opinions...

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

There is deffo some good cyborz there for sure.

*sigh* Ok, Ill be serious with you. The RP servers there, from what i hear, have a lot of it going on - but I wouldn't really know - I played on Tyranny and typically handed out wedgies at the slightest muttering of victorianesque speaking. Your best bet for serious RP would be the RPPvE server, which I think is Wiccana, because going to Cimmeria (The RPPvP server) means you most likely meet people like me who went there to hand out wedgies to RPers on their turf.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Cimmeria is fine if you just play intelligently and don't take offense to people like GTwander. Roleplaying in this setting does, after all, strongly encourage PvP on the outset, so I consider Cimmeria slightly preferable to Wiccana.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • animaltouchanimaltouch Member Posts: 14

I am sorr y for it

• andylee123andylee123 Member Posts: 6

i hope so

• SuilebhainSuilebhain Member UncommonPosts: 57

re: Wiccana

Play a hot babe who doesn't mind going topless once in awhile and you will have RP all over you like flies on a manure pile.

Play a grizzled,scarfaced barbarian ranger and no one will even see you, let alone interact with you.

I know this from personal experience.

re: Cimmeria

Unless you travel in packs and are looking to engage in random PvP, the wankers/wedgie pullers on Cimmeria will eat you up.

I know this from experience, as well. Once the idiots at Fuccom took away the ability to change instances, they made you meat for the gankers, which makes me think that the devs themselves enjoy ganking.

• Did they actually make official RP servers? I played at launch, and there were none, so we just decided Wiccana was the unofficial one. I haven't messed with the game since a few months after launch, sadly.

• SuilebhainSuilebhain Member UncommonPosts: 57

In Europe, they set up an official RP-PVE server, but in the US we only got an official RP-PVP (Cimmeria) server for some reason, one of the reasons why I canceled my subscription. Later they added Hyperborea, which had the advantage of fewer people, and that was where I played, but even them you were subject to the greifers who would camp the rez pads and kill you while you were weak from a PvE death.

• DKWFirstbornDKWFirstborn Member Posts: 32

Looking good, I will start today AoC again, will roll to some euro rp server. oh and sorry for hijacking ur post :)

Kindest regards,

DKW

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

I'm a heavy RPer and play on the Cimmeria RP-PvP server.  There is a ton of RP that goes on on this server. There are several really good RP guilds, and much random RP that occurs, players just gotta put themselves out there and let others know they are up for RP.  But yea, there are regular RP events including a weekly Tavern Night and even some PvP focussed RP events.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by GTwander

There is deffo some good cyborz there for sure.

*sigh* Ok, Ill be serious with you. The RP servers there, from what i hear, have a lot of it going on - but I wouldn't really know - I played on Tyranny and typically handed out wedgies at the slightest muttering of victorianesque speaking. Your best bet for serious RP would be the RPPvE server, which I think is Wiccana, because going to Cimmeria (The RPPvP server) means you most likely meet people like me who went there to hand out wedgies to RPers on their turf.

Proud moments I am sure.   I don't have a problem with poeple coming to a PvP server to PvP. . but when the idea is to target the very purpose for the server. . the reason others chose i. . t then it is just griefing. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

ah, I remember one of the greatest RP experiences that could/should work on any pvp-server, even without rp or heavy lore, if people were less idiots at times:

wanted to cross a bridge and suddenly two peeps come out of hiding and asked me friendly to pay a small fee for allowing safe travel over bridge, or else... now there I at least got a chance and didn't just get ganked, plus it was "nicely" wrapped.

imageimage

• sergio214sergio214 Member Posts: 2

i would cross my finger for that to happen

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I've been playing on the Cimmeria server for several weeks now and I haven't seen one instance of RP'ing going on at all. I have seen many people griefing lower level characters though, lots of that. It really sucks when you get one asshole killing you over and over for no other reason than they out level you so badly that they can kill you in just a couple of hits. I swear I've had more conversations with ganking fools than anyone else in game so far and it usually starts with me asking them if they've had enough of killing me while I just stand there for the 3rd time. The one nie thing about AoC gankers though is that you can get really creative in swearing and can't be reported for it :)

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

The trick is never to swear at a ganker; this more often than not excites him further and you will be ganked even more and for a longer period of time. Pretend you're a bot and keep going back staying silent will prolly bore him faster, at which point he'd find another target. He's a ganker, he knows that, you know that, u cant do anything, he knows he'll own you, he's just waiting for someone to give him more reason to stay focused on ganking you, swearing is the most basic reason i believe.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Originally posted by DKWFirstborn

Looking good, I will start today AoC again, will roll to some euro rp server. oh and sorry for hijacking ur post :)

Well One thing is its just a post and i dont give a Crap what happens to it..LOL....And another thing...Chimmera does have alot of gankers abd no one chats on it at all...Kinda Boring..So im gonna try another Server and mabye more friendlly people and less Donkey Nuts...

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)