Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bomb squad in action

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

~30 t2 frigates PWN  ~100 battleships

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=6500962

for more details ask malcanis he was there :D

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i wonder against who the 3 lost were!

160 win!outch!

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

I call H4X !!!!!

We all know in Eve bigger ships and larger fleets always win.

Looks like it was a good fight, might have to get myself back into a bomber corp again soon.

Edit:

3 losses are highlighted in red.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Can anyone think of another game where something like this can happen?  ; )

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Please let their be a fraps of this.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Lordmonkus

Please let their be a fraps of this.

I'm told that there is fraps, although I havn't seen it. Basically, an NC fleet came to the X-7o gate in J-C. IT & ROL were set up on the J-C gate in sniper BS, while we INIT were in a safe POS aligned to the J-C gate in short-range RR BS. After about 10 mins, NC decide not to jump in, and start heading back to their jump gate in UMI-KK. Our FC took a gamble and told us to re-ship to bombers and burn to a nearby system where he had a black ops ship waiting. Meanwhile our noble covops pilot burned to UMI. Although we reshipped in less than 5 minutes, we would have been too late to do anything but for the fact that the UMI bridge only had enough ozone for about 1/3 of the NC fleet. The other 2/3 were clustered about the jump bridge at 0km, making a perfect baitball target.

We jumped through 4 squads of about 7-8 bombers each. The covops guy gave us a perfecrt warpin, and we landed exactly orientated at 28-30Km from the hostiles. I was in the first wave (squad 1), with the second squad dispatched about 6-7 seconds after, and so on. When I warped back for my second run, I fucked up somehow, because I was orientated about 90 degrees the wrong way, but whatever, I launched the bomb on the grounds it might hit something. In all I think there were 9 squad runs, but after the first 3-4 there wasn't much left to kill.

My first bomb hit over 100 ships. As I killed two pods and a hauler, I guess my bomb was about 2nd or 3rd to hit. Anyway now my killboard looks awesome o/ (KB stats are important when you're doing well).

Anyway: we had a combination of very good luck with the bridge running out of ozone - our bombs actually killed 2 haulers stuffed full of ozone, so we got there literally in the nick of time - combined with the NC's pure carelessness in not moving inside the POS shields, combined with a very decisive and talented FC, combined with being an awesome group of pilots who very quickly and with excellent discipline, reshipped, refomed and followed the FC orders very quickly and precisely (we were bridging within 5 minutes of the reship order). I am honoured to fly with them. We were given a lucky opportunity, but not every alliance can take advantage of lucky opportunities as well as we did yesterday.

As a reward our FC gave us a special treat: we reshipped again and spent 2 hours reffing CSAA POS in J-GAM in a total god damb lagfest.

Anyway, it

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

sweet as a nut!

Numbers do count for a lot in eve, but sometimes they count for nothing.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Wow.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

I'm not going to lie, our comms were pretty euphoric for a while. The only person who was mad was the guy who runs the killboard server. He said some bad words :(

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by Malcanis
    I'm not going to lie, our comms were pretty euphoric for a while. The only person who was mad was the guy who runs the killboard server. He said some bad words :(

Wouldn't surprise me. Our kb usually went down after every single bombing run / aoe dd, especially if bombers tried to manually post the mails. I remember f5'ing the kb during our interlude in fat or after mh bombers killed about 150 with some of our bombers getting on killmails. First mh kb went down, then it went up, and our kb died trying to synch.

It doesn't happen anymore since we moved to eve-kill. Something at least..

Please get an upload of the fraps and link it for us if you can Malcanis.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

can we see now that we heard of it !

• tranceamtranceam Member Posts: 37

no offence intented , but it looks fake kb to me.

it's very easy to create fake KBs.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by tranceam

Well, you're wrong then.

What looks fake about it...?

• tranceamtranceam Member Posts: 37

what looks fake to me is numbers of the BSs and Firepower of 26ish SBs ..

congrats anyway :)

what looks fake to me is numbers of the BSs and Firepower of 26ish SBs ..

congrats anyway :)

You might want to look up the numbers. Note that none of those ships died to torps, they died to bombs. With Covops V (and most of us have Covops V), a Shrapnel Bomb from a hound does 6400hp base damage. From the other ships, 4800hp. We were launching them 8 at a time. We launched 8 or 9 waves in about 90 seconds, although virtually all of the kills were from the first 2-3 waves.

Not many BS can survive 9 40k hp hits... hardly any of them survived 3.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

please let there be a fraps. 

and congrats to a well done bomb job :D

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

was good fun.

I was watching the system on IT's behalf for a while already. Had my eyes on their fleet coming back from the ROIR area to UMI.

Told our FC that they were on the 10-11 JB to Tribute Core, somehow it got forwarded to Initiative ^^ and NC blob started to jump out at that time but after some 30-40 ships they stopped and kept sitting on the JB at 0km as it turned out the bridge was out of fuel.

always a smart move with posshields nearby....

In short, JB was out of fuel, a fueler -Traderjohn in a shiny badger- was coming in to fuel the bridge. (who got bombed in the first wave by Initiative a minute later)

Local spiked a bit by the blue bombers, IT FC asking "how does it look like at that pos?" and me and some other scout replying with "well, first there were 250 BS spinning the bridge, now we only see pods" and some laughter followed on voice comms after confirmation was given by us that the bomb raid was a success.

what followed; a lot of blaming CCP for the lag; NC FC telling people in capsules to pod themselves home to H-W if needed; a lot saying they were not going to do that because of the high cost!??! 9M "omg" pod upgrade they had to pay so a lot of pods kept on sitting inside the shields waiting for a fueler to come.

-which died in the 1st wave-

Complaints kept on coming saying they couldn't move at all (lag?) and FC in the end just said that they should petition CCP for all this and ask for a reimbursement as the game apparently couldnt handle 250+ BS trying to activate a JB module.

Kudos to Initiative, very good dmg with minimal losses; although I wonder how 1 bomber shot a bomb backwards while aligning to the NC cluster. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"