Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome Back Weekend and New Demo Play Feature

12346»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by raistalin69
     so if the opinions of the majority of the people here on these forums are of no value, why are you reading them and responding to them?

Opinions as conclusions are generally not a subject to discuss, the arguments supporting the opinions are.

Why discussing? Pick any reason, all will be more or less valid.

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

Originally posted by Gdemami

so if the opinions of the majority of the people here on these forums are of no value, why are you reading them and responding to them?

Opinions as conclusions are generally not a subject to discuss, the arguments supporting the opinions are.

you stated that a survey responded to by 214 people who use these forums was probably of less value than x-fire numbers (which most of us know are bugged) ,which implies you do not value the opinions of the people here.

and as the forums on these boards are used to express peoples opinions on the mmo's in this world, again i ask a direct question...... if you do not value the input or opinions of the people here, why are you reading them and responding to them?

Ignorance is no excuse.

Regardless how much information you gathered, it is still up to a customer to decide if the information he posses is sufficient to make a responsible purchase.

If the customer is not satisfied with the product because he did not take time to make a research and investigation before the purchase or his expectations were way off, it is the customer to be blamed on only.

It is the difference between bad purchase and bargain. Sometimes we just don't have a good hand at purchasing, such things happen.

the part in red is a quote from you, would research not be reading other peoples reviews and posts here and the survey i linked?

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

you stated that a survey responded to by 214 people who use these forums was probably of less value than x-fire numbers (which most of us know are bugged) ,which implies you do not value the opinions of the people here.

and as the forums on these boards are used to express peoples opinions on the mmo's in this world, again i ask a direct question...... if you do not value the input or opinions of the people here, why are you reading them and responding to them?

If I do not value the opinion of the post I read and I am responding to it, it is most likely troll bait.

You mix survey results and individual opinions, your implication is false.

would research not be reading other peoples reviews and posts here and the survey i linked?

If you had scrolled up a bit:

Good review is the one that rather describes the game than reviewers negligible feelings.
    Majority of those so called reviews are about a reviewer not the game.

This is no less important for forum posting.

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

Originally posted by NightCloak

If I do not value the opinion of the post I read and I am responding to it, it is most likely troll bait.

your right, just blocking gdemami.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I don't see how allowing people to have a free trail can be bad in any way, all games including WoW have them. Nitpicking whether the limits are too restrictive is lame as the prson doing the trail will make that determination himself!.

As too the negativity displayed on this site for just about any MMO, it is my opinion it is due to MMO burnout many of us have felt. We all want the next MMO to be totally innovative and non-repeative and fill all our desires. Unfortunately our desires aren't the same, creating more discontent. I know I would just love to have random generated quests that would build upon just completed quests i have done. These would generate random rewards that no one else had, so my stuff would be fairly unique. After all how special do I feel completing quests everyone and there bother completed just to receive the same reward as everyone else received? We can dream the dream, but reality tells me that it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. So I won't base my reviews on a game with my desires, but on whether the game delivers a fair amount of fun, after all thats all that matters in the end!
  • HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by buegur

I don't see how allowing people to have a free trail can be bad in any way, all games including WoW have them. Nitpicking whether the limits are too restrictive is lame as the prson doing the trail will make that determination himself!.

People aren't talking about them doing it being a bad thing, except that them doing it just three months after the game is released says a lot about the lack of interest in STO after the extremely sub-standard release state of the game.

That and people are making the point that it's pretty deceptive of them to limit players to only seeing the first few episodes/missions in the game seeing as those first few don't give anyone an acurate representation of what the rest of the game is like.... well except that it represents what people will be seeing over and over and over ad nauseam , but they don't know that.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Betaboo

So a bad review is biased and a good review is what?

Good review is the one that rather describes the game than reviewers negligible feelings.

Majority of those so called reviews are about a reviewer not the game.

Going to respond to your last reply to me and this at once...

First the last reply... So if it's a good review, then it's unbiased and if it's a negative review it's automatically 'garbage'? I wasn't referring to "most reviews". I was referring to specific ones that I read and saw.

How do you know what reviews I was referring to? Frankly, the ones I saw were well-presented, did highlight some of hte positives but ultimately all came down in agreement on the same specific points... ground missions being uninspired, a lack of exploration and very rigid '2D' feeling space travel. I read reviews stating as much and I watched video reviews stating, and demonstrating, as much.

Just because you disagree with negative reviews doesn't make them 'garbage'... Dismissing them outright as such, however, makes you look rather fanboyish.  If 'most reviews' are in agreement about the game, and share the same overall complaints, then perhaps there's something to it. But... let's be honest here for a moment.. If most reviews were praising the game and hailing it as something great, would you be as quick to call them "garbage"? I'd wager you wouldn't.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by WSIMike

But... let's be honest here for a moment.. If most reviews were praising the game and hailing it as something great, would you be as quick to call them "garbage"? I'd wager you wouldn't.

Of course not.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Going to respond to your last reply to me and this at once...
    First the last reply... So if it's a good review, then it's unbiased and if it's a negative review it's automatically 'garbage'?

Negative or positive is a value added by the reviewer and as such have little informative value.
    It is a subjective perception based on the values of the reviewer and since everyone has got own values, it has little bearing on the reader.

I do not mind personal opinions in the review but they need to be very well reasoned, focused on the issue being described and most importantly not to be presented at the expense of the descriptive content of the review.

In short: If you have to include an opinion, be it an opinion about the game content or mechanics not your feelings towards them.

You can compare yourself the two reviews few posts above.

I wasn't referring to "most reviews". I was referring to specific ones that I read and saw.
    How do you know what reviews I was referring to? Frankly, the ones I saw were well-presented, did highlight some of hte positives but ultimately all came down in agreement on the same specific points... ground missions being uninspired, a lack of exploration and very rigid '2D' feeling space travel. I read reviews stating as much and I watched video reviews stating, and demonstrating, as much.

I do not know what reviews you were referring to nor the poster you were replying to nor we know it now because you did not link any which leaves the rest of your paragraph without a point because it is only you knowing what 'specific' reviews you talk about.

Just because you disagree with negative reviews doesn't make them 'garbage'...

It is not my disagreement but the reviews failure to describe and familiarize the reader with the product that makes it a garbage.