Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon forums

13»

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Theres a sticky on the forums thats just hilarious:

These forums are not for negative postulation. Any and all such posts will be deleted.

If you don't like the game, leave.

If you don't think the game will survive, leave.

If you don't think we're going to make it, leave.

If you don't think we're developing the game exactly how you want it, leave.

Seriously we only want positive vibes because positivity begets positivity. We are at a critical time right now and simply don't have the time or patience to deal with foolishness.

If you want to help us, do so. If you don't, yes, you got it, LEAVE.

There are LOTS of helpful and informative people on the forums, if you can't beat them, go ahead, join them.

Funny, but tragic as well. Those players that Mr Smart keeps inviting to LEAVE, are QoL's CUSTOMERS... I suspect that the investors either are unaware of his actions and their implications, or are looking for a tax write off, and so have washed their hands of this.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by Wraithone

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Theres a sticky on the forums thats just hilarious:

These forums are not for negative postulation. Any and all such posts will be deleted.

If you don't like the game, leave.

If you don't think the game will survive, leave.

If you don't think we're going to make it, leave.

If you don't think we're developing the game exactly how you want it, leave.

Seriously we only want positive vibes because positivity begets positivity. We are at a critical time right now and simply don't have the time or patience to deal with foolishness.

If you want to help us, do so. If you don't, yes, you got it, LEAVE.

There are LOTS of helpful and informative people on the forums, if you can't beat them, go ahead, join them.

Funny, but tragic as well. Those players that Mr Smart keeps inviting to LEAVE, are QoL's CUSTOMERS... I suspect that the investors either are unaware of his actions and their implications, or are looking for a tax write off, and so have washed their hands of this.

I'm a bit out of touch with the whole Derek vs. David Allen debate. I followed it for about a day, but I know costing the investors money was one of the reasons Derek used to justify getting rid of David. But with financial figures being the point, is it safe to assume that Derek has potentially cost Alganon more money than David? Completely telling them to leave, banning and deleting people offering constructive criticism (which are normally the people you want around), and making QOL a sideshow of a company in terms of PR.

• mannymanmannyman Member Posts: 69

This Dr Smart chap, he is actually insane?

http://www.dereksmart.org/bin/open_letter_to_Dave_Allen.html

This is another of his games, on his forum he just tells people asking about optimisation that his game is optomised and they should basically stfu.

Awesome!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936910

Originally posted by Dr Smart

The game was optimized to run at 720p (1280x720) or 1280x768 with the default graphics settings.

We the developers know what is justified for our game and which isn't. You, the gamer, aren't expected to know that but rather to make assumptions as to what you think is acceptable.
  • CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Synthetick

I'm a bit out of touch with the whole Derek vs. David Allen debate. I followed it for about a day, but I know costing the investors money was one of the reasons Derek used to justify getting rid of David. But with financial figures being the point, is it safe to assume that Derek has potentially cost Alganon more money than David? Completely telling them to leave, banning and deleting people offering constructive criticism (which are normally the people you want around), and making QOL a sideshow of a company in terms of PR.

In the long run I think he has cost them more money.  With the publicity I think they have gained as many as left.  Those there now seem to be jockeying for position to gain his good side.  Will they stick around?  Not sure.  The community there before would have stuck it out though and that's what they lost.

In spite of all its troubles, the game had a charm for me and that combined with the community kept me playing.  I would still be playing and supporting the team but not when customers are treated this way.  I think only a public apology, staying off the forums completely, and bringing in a great community manager who moderates with a less heavy hand would bring members back and help the game to flourish.  But that won't happen so...