Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cryptic Taking money without my consent .

2»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by summitus
    Wtf ?  I've just recieved this now and I hav'nt even responded to the first email they sent yet !!!
    Thank you for contacting us about this issue. It appears that your issue has
    been addressed previously.Remember that in the future you may close or edit tickets which have been
    placed into the report system via the "View My Tickets" option located in the
    Help window.We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

..... I'm stuck for words.

I can look on the bright side .. at least I'm getting quick responses !  :)

That is the problem with generic responses attached to HelpDesk system. They might come out inappropriate sometimes.

What I find odd is that you did not reply to them yet...

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Gdemami

That is the problem with generic responses attached to HelpDesk system. They might come out inappropriate sometimes.

What I find odd is that you did not reply to them yet...

He shouldn't have to contact them again. He informed them of the problem, someone in billing wasn't competent enough to see what was going on with his account and correct it, so he should go to his bank now and get the issue resolved that way.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Originally posted by Dinendae
     He shouldn't have to contact them again. He informed them of the problem, someone in billing wasn't competent enough to see what was going on with his account and correct it, so he should go to his bank now and get the issue resolved that way.

I guess that depends on what one wants to do - whine or communicate and act as intelligent being.

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Dinendae

I guess that depends on what one wants to do - whine or communicate and act as intelligent being.

That only works when they actually respond and look at the ticket not just send out a generic form letter.

Originally posted by bstiff
     That only works when they actually respond and look at the ticket not just send out a generic form letter.

Generic responses are a norm.
    It is nice to receive a confirmation that my ticket was accepted or notifications about the state of my issue.

Generic responses make the work more efficient, writing hundred personalized messages per day takes lots of time that could be used to solve issues rather than typing, it also adds the necessary uniformity, decrease the chance for grammatical mistakes and typos, etc..

Second thing is, we have not seen the original text OP was sending to customer support thus there is no way one could evaluate the work of the customer support.

Things happen, people make errors be it a customer or customer support employee. No big deal and that is what intelligent communication is for...

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

It is nice to receive a confirmation that my ticket was accepted or notifications about the state of my issue.

Generic responses make the work more efficient, writing hundred personalized messages per day takes lots of time that could be used to solve issues rather than typing, it also adds the necessary uniformity, decrease the chance for grammatical mistakes and typos, etc..

Second thing is, we have not seen the original text OP was sending to customer support thus there is no way one could evaluate the work of the customer support.

Things happen, people make errors be it a customer or customer support employee. No big deal and that is what intelligent communication is for...

So it's nice to receive a generic response about your issue stating it's been resolved when it hasn't?

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

So it's nice to receive a generic response about your issue stating it's been resolved when it hasn't?

ummmm no, no its not. thats corporate speak for go get stuffed, we dont care.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

I think I was clear on that topic:

Second thing is, we have not seen the original text OP was sending to customer support thus there is no way one could evaluate the work of the customer support. Things happen, people make errors be it a customer or customer support employee. No big deal and that is what intelligent communication is for...

As for the second email, I already stated that automated responses might generate inappropriate replies. But I have to stress again that we heard one sided story only...

Anyway, why making a fuss about inappropriate message instead of just sending polite email to customer support telling about it?