Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voice acting and invisible walls.

124»

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Because it is important to some of your potential customers.

Why have a crafting system?

Why have a guild system?

That's why they prioritize.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • midgey555midgey555 Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by Natzrat

In most game you rarely see someone take stairs down. People just jump down ledges because it's faster and they barely take any damage. Just take the blimp in WoW and look at how many people jump to the ground at arrival instead of going down the tower. This hurts immersion a lot more.

Taking too little damage from falling (and you can die from falling in the game, BTW) is an issue easily fixed. Just have it do more damage.

I agree.  Wow might not be the best example because of how easy it is.  You can fall from pretty high up and still take little damage.  Honestly im not upset about not being able to jump around rooftops in towns and what not, I actually find that kind of stuff to be annoying.  I also didnt like people jumping up and down everywhere they went so I do see some positives in having no jump feature.

However I didnt like how I also felt like I was on rails in FFXI.  I loved the game but this was a negative for me.  I hated seeing a ledge that went up to my knees and I had to look around and find a path up.  Just things of that nature bugged me.  I also like having a jump feature for getting out of trouble at times.  If theres a body of water over a cliff and theres some baddies behind me sure it would be logical to jump off and land in the water to escape.  Since theres no swimming or no jumping things of that nature will never happen though.

Its been a while since I played it (close to 6-7 years actually) but I remember being in a forest which was a popular spot.  I remember the forest was just a weave of paths with trees and greenery on the sides.  It was a very artistic place and I loved the feel of it but you could only stay on this path, there was an invisible wall going off to the grass/trees.  I hated how they did this as well.

Its not something that will break