Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for new Atlantians

CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

Tips for new atlantians

1. As for the beginners most of the time you received gifts that will pop up on your screen coming from other players. Well this is actually a part of the quest that they need to give gifts to the beginners but there are instances that some received huge amount of gold from the mailbox. No one knows that this might came from a gold seller, unless you received the gold and on the next day you can’t access your account because the GM blocked it. This was the same thing that my friend encounter and since his innocent and return the gold to the GM. His account lifted from the suspension. So receiving a huge amount of gold is a “NO” specially from the mailbox, better to report it immediately to the GM’s to investigate the user that give you a gold.

2. Read your notes. If you see that your note icon is flashing of course you will be curious what it has to say, it might be a A. Notification that the items that you sell in the market was sold,

B. you might have incoming mails 3.If you joined a guild it will also appear on the notes, 4.and even other details regarding the guild like changing the position of the guild officer. These are some notes that you can received.

3. Let your mentor act on his/her work. In atlantica you can be a mentor or can accept the offer of the user who wants to be your mentor. Once you accept it make him work, because Mentors received 200,000 when you reach level 30. The good thing is, the nice one will give you tips and knowledge on other system of the game, and also on your journey to Atlantis like Monster info, craft info, battle strategies and even event gifts.

4. Maximize the use of the Commodity box. This gives you a random Skill Books for your mercenaries and Growth vial. As for the beginners this is one way to earn gold in atlantica.

Especially when you get a growth vial (I) and other skill books that you don’t need any more you can sell it to the market or:

5. Find Goncourt to exchange the excess Skill Books that you don’t need any more. Goncourt is a moving NPC traveling around Atlantica.

Goncourt can exchange your Skill books either:

Modern book Box - This includes the all the skill books (I)

Medieval book box – This includes the all the skill book (II)

Ancient book box - This includes the all the skill books (III)

Skill books: Flame Sword, Freezing Axe, Lightning spear, Healing and all the skill books.

From these books you can obtain skill books that are necessary for your mercenaries, most of the time we keep the skill book (III) this is for the high level merc that is much expensive you can sell this or keep it.

Hope this few tips help you guys, I’ll keep you guys posted once I have new tips to provide.

Part 2

6. For those looking for any NPC like Goncourt. NPC Livingstone near Bhucarest will give you the location of any NPC in game for 1k gold.

7. If you want to gain more exp especially for your mercenaries, one of the easiest way would be Giving gifts to beginners gives exp to all your mercs. But it requires you a 100% Will for every gift.

8. Always Party = This gives more More exp. and crafting books, stamina refund every 2 or 3 battles based on party size.

9. One of the best features of the game is the Free League that was available at level 20. You can start your climb up the PVP rankings at any time. If you don't mind losing a lot and to higher levels with more mercenaries than you, then FL is a great way to have some fun and earn gold at the same time. The coins you receive from winning and losing can be cashed in right away or held for a rainy day as their value appreciates over time.

You can exchange your coins to Yim Sang Ok that you can see outside Hanyang located in Northeast Asia.

10. By clicking the Arrange Inventory on your Inventory window, then it will stack up all the same items together. This was available if you are using the extra inventory license.

Part 3

11. Canceling items. If you get a Selection Box that you can obtain in the special boxes (secret vial of Amnesia, Scroll of Life’s Blessing, Secret Vial of Potential, Scroll of resurrection, Ancient Skill book for merc) this are some of the box where in you got to choose what to get. If ever you accidentally open the box that has the option to choose the item or if you still can't decide what to get, then just move the box from a different slot then choose anything from the choices then no items will be obtain and no box is consumed.

12. Selling items in the market. For the items you must sell it in any city with a tax rate of 1% only. Same also if you want to withdraw and deposit an Atlantica gold, again Rome is the best city with only 1%.

13. Using Chat box.  If it happens that you don’t want to have a mentor and you want to know something, use the Chat box, there’s a chat for the Location, Nation, Guild and Peers. Once you click any of the buttons you can say whatever you want in the chat and other players on the particular categories can read your message. If you want to ask some information about the game other players can help you.

14. Don’t leave you character in the center of the town where the monsters are being spawned during the Monster invasion event. Every month there’s an event for Atlantians, and the usual event would be the monster invasion, if you want to leave your character AFK don’t leave it to the town during weekends because it may die during the monster invasion. You might lose gold from dying.

15. Always keep you gold in the bank. With regards to losing gold, don’t let your character with much gold when you are doing quest or just grinding. When you die 10% of your gold will be lost.

Comments

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

If you're Amidala from ONRPG.com, hi there! ( http://www.onrpg.com/boards/152601.html#post2135365 )

If you're not, at least edit your post and give her credits for the post.

Come on... Give me a break!

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

LOL...

One may be confused sometimes when using 10+ accounts ;)

• CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by dhrddm

If you're Amidala from ONRPG.com, hi there! ( http://www.onrpg.com/boards/152601.html#post2135365 )
    If you're not, at least edit your post and give her credits for the post.

Yup! I'm Amidala of ONRPG also,, just want to spread the tips that I made for all the Atlantians like me... At least this newbie guide I can help them. :)

Anyways just added my Part 2 guide for all of you...  :)

9. That was available starting with level 20 when i was a newbie... Has it changed? That would mean much, much sooner teleporting near Rome than it was originaly intended...

• stormpuma21stormpuma21 Member Posts: 131

Atlantica Online is great up until about, oh say, lvl 35, maybe even 50 if i really........ stretch it. After that it becomes the "unholy" grind of the century. Typical for F2P games. This game is not free to play though, unless you enjoy losing. I say that because this game is focused around PVP, Period.

You WILL NOT be able to compete at high lvls, hell even mid lvls, without buying from the item mall. Strategy gets you far, but real money gets you further. It's a great game though and if you enjoy it by all means, spend some money to compete at higher lvls. The grind and repetition became to great for me though. Be prepared to reroll unless you do extensive research. You will also be poor for a very long time.

Everyone will tell you that at higher lvls you make more money and it is no longer and issue. I never got to the "high" levels. There is a great crafting system in place but since you're low lvl, forget about it. You will not be able to afford to craft. You will be under geared for pve and pvp for a very long time. The economy suffers from an "extreme" case of inflation. What was the term my business professor used again? "Hyperinflation. This game suffers from that. 

Great game though, good tips, music is top notch. Try it at least.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

^maybe you need to look at your quest log. And do the quest. I don't know why you need to grind at lvl50.

Besides, some of the quests are resetable, so you can reset the quests.

PvE is easy enough that you dont' need item mall.  For PvP If you choose the right formation you can easily make the top 10% on the server. 

The truth is if you spend 1000$ a month, you'll sure have a huge advantage, but very few do that.  People that spend a little around 15~50$ barely have any advantage.

Originally posted by dhrddm

9. That was available starting with level 20 when i was a newbie... Has it changed? That would mean much, much sooner teleporting near Rome than it was originaly intended...

Thanks, I already edited it, Sorry didn't noticed that..ahahahah anyways I already posted the part 3 of the tips...

15. Hope they reduce it in the german version to that level too. Now it's 10% here. Write also about the dayly price reducings in the market of ~6%.

• jhh707jhh707 Member UncommonPosts: 4

This game is easy to level up. It promotes people to constantly level up new characters. What makes the journey feel so long when starting out new is figuring out how the game works. You don't know where to go, what to do, what to use or anything and that slows you down. Once you get the hang of it, joining guilds and nations is an important part thing to get into because it's all about community. It never hurts to ask for help going through dungeons, monster info or party. The more you know about the game the faster it is. (that can be applied to any game)

Anyways, what makes the 1st character hard in any game is money. Like the first post, Goncourt is a good way to make money by selling books. Learn how to market. Treasure hunting is good if you have the maps of most town. Using Ornate maps is good if you can grab a few because Hydra claws sell for 15million+. If you're not Goncourting, open up all your material boxes, stack up a lot and sell them or either save them for self craft.

AND NO! You don't need cash shop items to necessarily play. It's not even that hard. Of course it's nice to have some decoration and mounts for the stats but you don't need them. I got to lv101 before I had enough money to buy myself mounts and decoration stuff.

My tips for new Atlantians would be:

1) At lv15, go buy lv15 equipment. It'll make ALL the difference if you're still wearing spirit junk.

2) Enchanting equipment to a +3 to +5 will hold you good for another 10 levels or so. Don't worry bout getting anything higher than that. You'll level up fast that these gear become old unless you have the money and time to get a +10 grade (which will last you for a long time).

3) JACKPOT LICENSE!!! If I'd only knew sooner about this license, I wouldn't have to struggle with upgrading my characters or crafting. Play around with it or google it up. There's lots of guides for JPing.

4) Set up your formation well. Make sure to have range to attack air units and get a healer at lv10.

5) Don't stick around farming monsters unless you're Jackpotting (JPing), just do you mainline quest. It's required to do the mainline quest if you want to go past lv20, 30, 50 and I think the new patch made it to 60. It's good xp and it leads you to the next zone so you'd know where to go.

6) Use growth vial potions to increase your stats, every point counts. Buy them if you can afford it.

7) Skill books. Focus on certain spells and get it high. Don't spread it around because it'll cost millions to unlearn them. Ask around to see what fits you best for each of your characters.

Hmm this is all I can think at the moment. FL time, see ya.

Get rich quick:

1) Treasure hunt old maps for teleport licenses II and sell them. (500k to 2mill)

**Before treasure hunting, take a tour to around the world visiting at least every town (1hr or so)

2) Treasure hunt ornate maps for Hydra Claws and sell them. (15mil+)

3) Treasure hunt ancient treasure maps and sell the equip boxes, enchant / enhance them if you wanna gamble and double the price. It's all high level equip boxes so you're guranteed profit

4) Goncourt - trade in skill books. Many rank III books sell well.

Books to look out for: (may vary per server)

-lv100 skill books

-Freezing atmosphere and Blazing Earth

-Warcry

Intermediate - Advance money for Level 96+

1) JP!!! Browse the market to see whats in demand / good price and JP away. Stuff like Powder, Thick Animal Bones, crystals, minerals, etc.

2) Trading Post - google guides for that

3) Repeat Knud Quest for freezing boxes.

4) Everyone knows Hwarang quest gives over 90million gold and tons of xp

Gambling money for bigger money:

1) Arena - watch a lot and you'll start narrowing your choices to 1/4 chances. Better than 1/32 or so.

2) Marketing - buy cheap and sell high (old treasure boxes, materials, equipment, anything)

3) Columbus - buy cheap shogun boxes 230k or lower and open them all up. trade in everything except (maybe) the chest armor, which can sell for 600k-2million LOL

That's a nice additional tips... thanks for that... and to add more by JP it will be lessen your expenses on your crafting once you farm the required materials.

bump

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

My only tip for new Atlantica Online players is to enjoy the game at the very best that you can and try not to get addicted to the cash shop. Lols! Well there are very good items there and its your money to spend so its really up to you. :D

• l0wrydal0wryda Member Posts: 47

One thing i like to do is watch the titan tournaments. to find the most current NA and Kor titan tournaments, just youtube "atlantica titan" and then under search options pick "upload date". Titans occur twice every Sunday. here is the latest if you are interested.

• l0wrydal0wryda Member Posts: 47

one of the easiest ways to make money in atlantica that can be done at essentially any level is buying higher level equipment boxes, opening them and selling what's inside. Boxes almost always sell for less than it's contents. I suggest doing this with lvl 80 boxes and up.

• MizakoMizako Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by jhh707

4) Everyone knows Hwarang quest gives over 90million gold and tons of xp

Everyone knows Hwarang quest is the most expensive quest in the game. The reward does not cover expenses.

Dunno what server that is but my guildmates and i do the hwarang quest often together. You do end up spending a lot or so but its always a profit. We usually profit bout 20-30mil depending on the hackneys lol. Somedays you can find them cheaper than others or either, someone misses to add an extra 0 to the sell LOL.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Ok I got to add this and im sure everyone should know this.

JOIN A GUILD. Ya join a good/friendly guild right away. Im only level 25 and love it. The guild im in is very nice, very helpful and they always invite me to ldp right when I log in. I think I really lucked out. Crafting is always going on so it kinda makes you feel good when you contribute. As a new person to Atlantica, but been playing mmo for years this is one game that is so different that having guild people teach me the ropes is a huge bonus.

• heather001heather001 Member Posts: 16

oh it's great to know here..and thanks for the tips you post here...

im newbie here in AO..now i got some ideas about this game.... thnx alot

bleehhhh....

• breakertakerbreakertaker Member Posts: 4

1. Join a guild

2. Try to do PVPs, even ABFLs (you can earn a lot of cash, and sometime loot valuable equipments, even when u are afk)

3. Increase jewel crafting... very useful in the long run...

4. just have fun and enjoy the game