Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mourning has been BANNED...

2»

Comments

• phybrephybre Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by superhero13

Obviously I know that you dont believe me. I dont care. I could post a screenshot or two but that might break the NDA.

I don't believe you. Paste the NDA. I want the full text of it. Or show me where it exists on the website.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

The NDA is probaly not fully developed yet either image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219

This isn't a reply to sway any of the nay sayers but simply a reply of the facts.

The game is on the verge of release. Its easy to make those comments when the game is in mid development but for it to be so close.. either you will look pretty ridiculous in a few weeks or the fans will. I just don't think the nay sayers will show up when the final beta rolls around and launch in March or maybe April. They will just magically dissappear.

As for no UI.... like many things.. there is a NDA. Why does it exist? Because some things are undergoing changes so its useless to show you anything about the game if it won't be that way come launch. One of these is the user interface.

Finally, this game is not for everyone. Its for people who like totally open PvP and GvG conflict. Anyone who does will check this game out(or is waiting for Darkfall but that may be a looong while).

While it may not be out yet, its a heck of a lot closer than any mmo in development that offers these features which is why many of us follow it.

Herithius, Im not trying to flame or get into an argument. But the post you made could have been made about 3 months ago and would have looked just as valid. Thats because for the last 3 months this game has allegedly been on the verge of release.

Stav1 and Superhero13 have both made repeated posts in the last 4-6 weeks laughing their heads off at us "realists" for not believing that the pay to play beta would actually start tomorrow, or tomorrow, or tomorrow etc etc.

All I can say is dont allow yourself to fall into the same trap of announcing how certain you are that everything is proceeding swimmingly and how the next time you check your email your Beta invite and client download link will be there.

You risk looking as silly as the worst naysayers. Right now the naysayers are looking less and less silly all the time. We are about to start the 3rd week of no beta after the "it will absolutely positively be ready tomorrow" posts by the devs 3 weeks back.

By all means be hopefull, be positive, be excited, just dont yell it too loud unless you know something that even the mods of the Mourning forums dont know.

Like I said man, peace, Im not flaming, just saying at this point in time both sides of the argument have about the same amount of facts to draw on to support their arguments about when this game may or may not be released.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219

I definetly agree the game has been held up in development for the last while. No argument there.

Im simply saying of all the mmo's in development, this is by far closest to release. Granted its undergone delays but so has any mmo in development. Its their trademark. Nothing is 100% certain until it's release and people are ingame.

However of all the major mmo's in development, its extremely likely this will be the first one to launch by quite a bit. 

For people to claim is vaporware because they can't be privy to all the info or because they aren't in it atm for themselves is a silly one to make. Naysayers are taking the position of this mmo simply not existing or not coming out. Taking the position of counting on a mmo being delayed is a universal and isn't really a stance.

In fact, I daresay there has been no major mmo ever this close to release(as in they say they are about to start the very final stress test beta), and then shut it down entirely. So people thinking they will quit at this stage of the race are out to lunch. They will cross the finish line. It may take a bit longer but they will cross. As for the product of the game.. who knows.

Absolutely.

I couldnt argue with any of that. I have never said the game was vaporware, nor have I sugested its a scam or any of that other extreme opinion stuff. What I have said is that the "hoaxes" were so poorly managed at a public level that it seemed to give undeserved creedence to the rumours. The attitude to the forum members, particularly by Tiamat was easily the worst work as a moderator I have ever seen. He consistenly made the classic mistake of not enforcing the rules (which were flaky anyway) even handedly and becoming involved in the flaming and arguments instead of using the rules to stop them.

Like I said in another post. Someone needs to explain to them the concept of "under promise and over deliver". It would have saved everyone a lot of headaches if they would have approached it from that angle.

Because basically thats the main problem.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

[quote]Originally posted by Energize

The beta date is the 28th idiot.[/b][/quote]
    No it is not. *cackle*

"Fire is never a gentle master..."