Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth even trying?

I was wondering people opinion of this game.  do you think it's worth checking out?

Elite poster by 82

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Haven't gotten to try it, so I couldn't tell you with solid evidence, but I am sure someone can give you great detail on what they think but don't know.

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52

I was thinking of trying it, looked to be a solid game and was something original.  Then I saw TQDigital was the ones publishing it.  TQDigital can take a great game and ruin it by trying to bleed their customers for all they are worth.

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by smitty0356
    I was wondering people opinion of this game.  do you think it's worth checking out?

well, it's free, so it's hardly not worth to :P

i'll give it a try, i love HoMM and this game has an official license :)

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Originally posted by tsurano

I was thinking of trying it, looked to be a solid game and was something original.  Then I saw TQDigital was the ones publishing it.  TQDigital can take a great game and ruin it by trying to bleed their customers for all they are worth.

So basically, like every other company that runs "Free to play" games?

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by smitty0356

What costs you to try it? Nothing... just play it for several hours. What is even the point of that question? You do not have to pay for anything. And if you are HOMM fan you just have to try it.

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Originally posted by tsurano

So basically, like every other company that runs "Free to play" games?

No, not like every other company that runs "Free to play" games.  I've played F2P games that are pretty balanced between paying players and free players.  For the most part, if you worked hard, you could keep up with paying players.  I played one of TQDigital's games called Conquer Online for several years, and I (who had been playing two years consecutively with my brother and cousin) could be beaten by someone who had played for two weeks and dropped a bit of cash into the game.   They also made it so that the damage you dealt in PvP was based on the "potency" of your equipment vs other players.  Based on the quality, number of sockets, upgrades etc of your equipment your damage would be lowered by up to 50%, before counting damage modifiers such as defense. I went from dealing 500+ damage to some players to dealing 20 damage.  Considering these people have upwards of 10k HP it meant that killing them went from difficult to impossible.

TQDigital does not do anything to punish botters/hackers if they pay money.  In Conquer Online they had a system called "Bot Jail" that you could get out of by buying from their website.  I knew one player who had spent over $5000 on the game and I hear there are players who have spent $30k.  I may try the game, but I know I'm not going to stay.

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Im going to Try this game out because I love the  RTS style. I'm afraid that what will happen to this game along with all the others F2P will be the same. They will add something to the cash shop that will alter the game in such a way that you will have to hit the cash shop a little bit in order to play.

Atlantica Online did this very thing with Blessing license. You dont have to have it but, later on in the game its almost required if you want to go further. When it starts to get to the point of paying more than 15 bucks a month to play the game , thats when it is time to shut it off because its only going to get worse. In the meantime, Im going to try and enjoy it when its young and fresh. When they turn on the vacuum to suck up money , I'll dump it.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

absolutely everything is worth trying once. so yes.

• commanderjimcommanderjim Member UncommonPosts: 40

HOMM3 was a superb game and one that I played a fair bit in my early childhood. Hope this game does it justice.

Commander Jim

Were all living on knife's edge when will you fall off?

• superstonedsuperstoned Member Posts: 1

i am also going to try it. only as a way to kill spare time. anyone have anything interesting to know or anything good out right now?

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

unfortunately a huge disappointment

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

I never tried the series, but willing to try this.  I have read posts of disappointment on their main forum, though.  Probably coming from dated graphics and such?

• OrrionkaOrrionka Member Posts: 19

1- The graphics are dated.

2- Lots and lots of bugs that need squashing.

3- disconnects abound.

4- Asian model of grinding missions over and over.

In spite of that, it really is not a bad little time waster for a couple of weeks.

I do not think I would play long term, but we will see...