Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't feel like a Starfleet Captain

2»

Comments

• TelothynusTelothynus Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by nate1980

Okay, the Captain of the Starship, according to the TV shows, have the authority to act in whatever creative way they feel as long as they aren't violating their orders or the Prime Directive.

So why is it that my bridge officer's are always telling me what to do? Sure, in the beginning they're only "suggesting" that you do this or that, but their suggestions always become your objective and if you don't complete those objectives, you won't complete the mission. Later in the game, they just tell you what you need to do next. I didn't ask them for their opinion, nor did they ask me if they could speak freely.

So I just feel like a puppet Captain, where the bridge officer's pull the strings.

Ships should have been the playground, then space.  Combat shouldn't have been the priority in the game design, not for everybody.  Captain should have been a rank that took a long time to obtain, and even longer to qualify for your own ship.

It's possible to design a game that is based on a slower grind, but with the casual player in mind.  A lot of people don't want to believe this, but...

Old School SWG - "I paid you 1,000,000 credits not for you to slice my Krayt weapon for me... I paid you 1,000,000 credits to give it BACK to me."

• zollenzollen Member Posts: 351

You have two choice. Play STO or play other games.