Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Picture reveals Caster classes! Name them!

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Achrisos

We already know there is going to be an Ele and War; leaving 4 more classes similar to GW1 and 2 new for GW2. Also we know the classes are broken down by armor type: 3/3/2

So therefore we know the following:

Light:  Ele-(GW1), ?, ?

Medium: ?, ?, ?

Heavy: War-(GW1), ?

My guess is that with the introduction of Pistols & Asura tech we might see a new range class called Engineer (ala WAR) to combined with a Ranger/Hunter class. Also i wouldnt be suprised if the Necro and Mes were combined into a Wich Doctor (ala Diablo 3). So that would change the breakdown into:

Light:  Ele-(GW1), Witch Doctor-(GW1), ?

Medium: Hunter-(GW1), Engineer-(GW2), ?

Heavy: War-(GW1), ?

This would leave 3 classes left, 2 from GW1 & another new to GW2, one of each armor type. With this setup we currently have 2 casters, 2 range classes and 1 melee. I would suspect that there would be 3 melee, 3 casters and 2 range classes overall. From GW1 the classes left are Rit, Derv, Par, Monk & Assasin. From these, i would not be surprised if the Assasin is the final medium armor class, a protection type monk as the final caster class and a legionaire as the final heavy armor class. The legionaire may have some elements from the Paragon like shouts but be a melee rather than ranged class.

So the final setup would look like this:

Light:  Ele-(GW1), Witch Doctor-(GW1), Monk-(GW1)

Medium: Hunter-(GW1), Engineer-(GW2), Assasin-(GW1)

Heavy: War-(GW1), Legionaire-(GW2)

You might be right with your witchdocter, as its hard for me to immagine not having one of these 3 (Mesmer, necro,monk) in the game. So they might have combined them two to sattisfy everyone. I don't beleive there will be a class named engineer, that to much assumption for me yet.  And the withcdocter might actually be one of the (NEW CLASSES).

I also agree that Hunter, warrior and assasin are most likely to return as they are core to any fantasy based MMO.

Also you logics around the legionaire are to thin, which makes the Legionaire class just another wild guess...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AchrisosAchrisos Member UncommonPosts: 54

In Warhammer the Engineer class is actually the Hunter/Ranger class as they wield gunds and other 'tech' like grenades and turrets. It wouldnt be hard to assume Asura and Charr and Humans are smart enough to wield these and since there are no spears in GW2-meaning no second ranged class that is not a spellcaster-then it might be a good assumption that they would create this new tech-based class.

Either way its alot of fun to speculate lol.

As far as the legionaire goes my assumption is that the breakdown is going to be 3 light armor, 3 medium armor and 2 heavy armor types. If the warrior is 1 of the heavy armor types then what would the second one be?

Cant wait for more Info!!  I hope they do like they did 5 years ago and give us a working demo during E3

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

If the warrior is 1 of the heavy armor types then what would the second one be?

I'm going with a Paladin type class.

• kjames423kjames423 Member Posts: 47

In Warhammer the Engineer class is actually the Hunter/Ranger class as they wield gunds and other 'tech' like grenades and turrets. It wouldnt be hard to assume Asura and Charr and Humans are smart enough to wield these and since there are no spears in GW2-meaning no second ranged class that is not a spellcaster-then it might be a good assumption that they would create this new tech-based class.

Either way its alot of fun to speculate lol.

As far as the legionaire goes my assumption is that the breakdown is going to be 3 light armor, 3 medium armor and 2 heavy armor types. If the warrior is 1 of the heavy armor types then what would the second one be?

Cant wait for more Info!!  I hope they do like they did 5 years ago and give us a working demo during E3

They might bring back the Paragon. Paragons were really awesome and very original imo. They are ranged (using Spears) and are also a heavy armor type.

Past: Can never go back to Wow.
    Present: Nothing interesting out.
    Future: Looking forward to GW2.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
  • DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

I'm very hopeful that there will be some form of the Assassin profession in GW2. Most definitely was my favorite class in GW1. One of the most fun aspects of the class is how it functioned different than most rogue classes of other MMOs. There is no stealth to close the range, but speed boosters, hexers, and my favorite means of transportation, shadow-stepping. I REALLY hope they maintain this sense of gameplay for rogue types and keep with a game that has no stealth. It was truly awesome to have a rogue type class that could stand on its own two toes without stealth in GW1.

I'm very doubtful the ritualist will make it, though, which was my second favorite class. They'll most likely be combined in one of the support roles, or become the "jack of all trades" class like the ritualist was in GW1. While there'll essentially be the same gameplay mechanics for a similar class, it'll lose the whole mystic feel of the ritualist.

Hopeful in seeing the other classes. I'm getting more and more excited with this game as time progresses.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• Nataku17Nataku17 Member UncommonPosts: 12

i'm kind of expecting it to be something like

Ele, necro, mesmer

ranger, assassin, new class

warrior, new class

with all the talk of each class being able to solo the story i don't think there will be a healing class though  but i feel this would be a bad move as some people really enjoy healing

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

well then people who enjoy healing (such as myself) will enjoy any class if they can all heal.. but I bet there will be a healer of some sort but maybe more like a ritualist that can still do a lot of damage ect.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by illyana

same art style of the current GW2 elementalist wallpaper

these might be the next wallpapers, and thus classes, to be revealed: 

if these are future images,

looks like assassin type, ranger, mesmer, warrior, paladin ?

whatever that last tank type is ... its wielding a mace

• ZenakouZenakou Member Posts: 50

Based off that picture, its definitely assassin, ranger, mesmer, and those last 2 are warriors for sure. Anet wouldn't put pallys in this game because that would throw off the class scheme of the game. I'm thinking they're bringing back paras and just making them melee fighters with spears and polearms.