Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No compagnions and WvsW news

jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

translation of french interviev

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/interview-with-eric-flannum-jeuxvideo-t3627.html?t=3627

and WvsW will be 3 sided and a week long

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I'm almost convinced now that there won't be a dedicated healing class.

• jdram14jdram14 Member Posts: 36

I personally got to admit that I am glad the Companions are out. When I first heard about them, I just about facepalmed myself so hard I fell over. I'm personally tired of playing a game where it's often easier, faster, and more effective to play solo with henchmen and heroes. In GW1, I vanquish alone with henchmen and heroes, because I get better results. That being said, my favorite part about GW1 is playing on new characters and running through the missions with other people who still need to do them. Interacting with other people is fun. Henchmen weren't more viable than other players at first, but when they introduced heroes, they completely cut down on the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Enough ranting about the past though! Here's to the future! World vs World sounds incredible and beside the story will be the first thing I try to get my hands on. Once concern is the whole "world". I despise servers/worlds in other traditional MMOs, because I have to make sure I'm on the same world as my friends, and if I'm not, I'm screwed. Being able to freely chill with my European friends in Guild Wars is the best. Realizing that they made their character in Aion on something else while I was on Yustiel was irritating to all hell.

The mention of dual wielding axes makes me think of a berserker class of some sort, which would round out the other mystery soldier class. Obviously warrior is the first, but perhaps Flannum was just talking about one facet of the Warrior. The whole "guess the profession" game seems a tad useless though. It will be revealed when it's revealed, and will clear away all speculation anyway, so why worry now?

Just as long as I have my ranger, I am okay.

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246

Pretty sure you will be able to roll on other servers "worlds'. Just will be this what looks to be a very nice server competition going on. Heros did GW1 for in as well. They were a fun decent alternative for awhile till I came to realized that they were the only thing people used for 80 percent of the time in PvE. Glad they are cutting them out.

As far as the PvP aspects, only now starting to become intrested in PvP aspects of games so maybe this will be my chance to finally get my feet decently wet.

• slashbeastslashbeast Member Posts: 533

I'm glad to see Heroes and Henchmen go. They won't be missed.

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by slashbeast

I'm glad to see Heroes and Henchmen go. They won't be missed.

I agree it's a step in the right direction,let SWTOR have it's glorified pet system.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

The W v W system sounds great. I'm really looking forward to it!

The only things worrying me are whether you'll be able to PvP from the get go (after WAR I simply cannot stand the "you must PvE so you can PvP" paradigm) and can you viably advance your character through PvP only.

It's not that I'm a PvP only player but I really hate to be forced to do one or the other in order not to feel like I'm wasting my time.. I want my characters to be rewarded equally whether I'm doing my PvE stuff or fighting for the glory of my realm. Additionally, being a sort of an alt-freak (yes I admit it) I simply can't stnd going through the same quests again and again and again.. (see AoC for an extreme example) Leveling alts is so much more enjoyable through PvP.

The other thing I'd really like to see is public quests or any kind of PvE content in the mists. Imo one of the biggest failures of WAR's design was lack of anything to do in PvP areas when other players are not around. This is a permanent negative feedback loop which constantly drains players from the conflict zones "there are no players around so I'll leave". PvE content in PvP areas provides a constant draw for the players and the quality of PvP is extremely dependent on the number participants. I really hope the Mists don't turn out to be empty wastelands like WAR's RvR lakes. Just placing some valuable and unique gathering nodes in there would do wonders for world PvP.

• redOrcredOrc Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

The only things worrying me are whether you'll be able to PvP from the get go (after WAR I simply cannot stand the "you must PvE so you can PvP" paradigm) and can you viably advance your character through PvP only.

It's not that I'm a PvP only player but I really hate to be forced to do one or the other in order not to feel like I'm wasting my time.. I want my characters to be rewarded equally whether I'm doing my PvE stuff or fighting for the glory of my realm. Additionally, being a sort of an alt-freak (yes I admit it) I simply can't stnd going through the same quests again and again and again.. (see AoC for an extreme example) Leveling alts is so much more enjoyable through PvP.

No monthly imply no grind. You take your character from day 1 to PVP area and you get full level & armor & skills. This apply to the arena style PVP (the competitive). On the other hand, they said nothing about advancing your PVE character during such a PVP game. If you go to WvsW PVP, your character stay as in the PVE part. I guess, that you get to advance it there.

The A.net guys said a milion time they want you to have fun from day 1. Not paly endlessly for the "end game" only to find there is none, so expect the game to chalange you from the start.

I do hope they can pull it of, but we still need to see. Lets wait till open beta to decide how it works out.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by redOrc

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk
     No monthly imply no grind. You take your character from day 1 to PVP area and you get full level & armor & skills. This apply to the arena style PVP (the competitive). On the other hand, they said nothing about advancing your PVE character during such a PVP game. If you go to WvsW PVP, your character stay as in the PVE part. I guess, that you get to advance it there.
    The A.net guys said a milion time they want you to have fun from day 1. Not paly endlessly for the "end game" only to find there is none, so expect the game to chalange you from the start.
    I do hope they can pull it of, but we still need to see. Lets wait till open beta to decide how it works out.

From GW2 wiki:

It has been stated that a character which is taken into Structured PvP will be given fixed level, and have access to the same set of skills, items and professions as other players. World versus World will use the equipment, skill and level of the character entering.

Which means for structured tournament style PvP you can jump right in and be on an equal playing field (sounds pretty much like rolling a PvP character in GW) while for the WvW you go in as your PvE characters level.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i read the article and this small phrase was very epic for me:

Le contenu de nos événements et de l'histoire sont dynamiquement équilibrés

this means that lets say you start a fight with 4 dude the foe will be 4 but lets say later on you are 50 there will be 50 foe against you

the game is dynamic dont know about you but this can end up very fun!

server vs server war outch ,i wonder how they ll do this!i do hope they use remote differential compression and donnybrook(microsoft)because if they dont we ll have ton of lag from this title!

• peacekraftpeacekraft Member Posts: 189

Still really excited about this, WvsW does sound very intersting and I guess we will see how it pans out. I am also glad heroes and henchmen are gone, I don't think they would work in an open world mmo like they are trying to create.